Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I always wonder why people include Gailey in the "puppet" group with lackeys like Campo. Best I remember back then, Gailey was a hot name, a creative OC for one of the better teams in the league.

He may not have turned out to be the greatest coach, but at least he fit the profile of the type you're usually looking for.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I always wonder why people include Gailey in the "puppet" group with lackeys like Campo. Best I remember back then, Gailey was a hot name, a creative OC for one of the better teams in the league.

He may not have turned out to be the greatest coach, but at least he fit the profile of the type you're usually looking for.
Gailey's fatal error was getting in the way of drafting Randy Moss.

p1_

DCC 4Life
NFL Coaches on the Hot Seat

4. Jason Garrett, Dallas: At 3-3, the Cowboys’ season appears to be at a crossroads, and this week’s road game at first-place Washington could be a major pivot point in either direction. If ever there was a very winnable NFC East title up for grabs, it feels like the opportunity may be there this season. With his meager results, Garrett’s continued job security has baffled many. He has a 70-56 mark since replacing Wade Phillips in mid-2010, with just one playoff win to go with his three winning seasons and two postseason berths.

Dallas has alternated losses and wins each week so far, going 3-0 at home and 0-3 on the road. With the date in Washington looming and then a Week 8 bye, it’s a pretty critical time for Garrett in terms of his coaching future.

deadrise

DCC 4Life

4. Jason Garrett, Dallas: At 3-3, the Cowboys’ season appears to be at a crossroads, and this week’s road game at first-place Washington could be a major pivot point in either direction. If ever there was a very winnable NFC East title up for grabs, it feels like the opportunity may be there this season. With his meager results, Garrett’s continued job security has baffled many. He has a 70-56 mark since replacing Wade Phillips in mid-2010, with just one playoff win to go with his three winning seasons and two postseason berths.

Dallas has alternated losses and wins each week so far, going 3-0 at home and 0-3 on the road. With the date in Washington looming and then a Week 8 bye, it’s a pretty critical time for Garrett in terms of his coaching future.

Unless you're Jerry quaffing your third or fourth jumbo glass of Jack Daniels and totally oblivious.

NJ Cowboy Fan

Brand New Member

If Jason Carrot does not make the playoffs a fan mutiny will be forthcoming. The 4th and 1 punt in overtime against Houston was the last straw for me. Lets beat those dirty DC Redskins.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If Jason Carrot does not make the playoffs a fan mutiny will be forthcoming. The 4th and 1 punt in overtime against Houston was the last straw for me. Lets beat those dirty DC Redskins.
Welcome to the board. If for nothing else than bringing the name Jason Carrot to the board.

Cotton

Staff member
Didn't we use to have a member with a similar name?
Not from NJ. We have had TN and VA Cowboy, but not a NJ one. At least not that I can remember.

p1_

DCC 4Life

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He would be an improvement.

Cotton

Staff member
This motherfucker has got to go. It's just that simple.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
If that game yesterday didn't seal Garrett's fate, nothing will.

It's impossible to believe that any owner would not be appalled by Garrett's coaching -- all game long but especially at the end. You've got a color announcer, during an extended time out for the review, basically laying out what the common sense course of action would be when play resumed. It was almost like "here's what any coach would do."

And Garrett comes out with that piss-weak hand off to Elliot. If Jerry's okay with that then God help Dallas Cowboy fans.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You know that they are just going to focus on the illegal snap call.

Nevermind the fact that was only going to the and could have lost in OT anyways.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Nevermind the fact that was only going to the and could have lost in OT anyways.
Well the illegal snap call is egregious but so was Garrett. They both should be torn apart.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It would probably take going 3-6 or worse the rest of the season for Carrot Top to get canned but I'd bet even going 4-5, 5-4 would be enough for Jones to keep him around. He'll use injuries, missed time due to suspensions or whatever excuse he can come up with to justify it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If that game yesterday didn't seal Garrett's fate, nothing will.

It's impossible to believe that any owner would not be appalled by Garrett's coaching -- all game long but especially at the end. You've got a color announcer, during an extended time out for the review, basically laying out what the common sense course of action would be when play resumed. It was almost like "here's what any coach would do."

And Garrett comes out with that piss-weak hand off to Elliot. If Jerry's okay with that then God help Dallas Cowboy fans.
The same time management fuck up, coupled with the scared/timid pussy approach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would probably take going 3-6 or worse the rest of the season for Carrot Top to get canned but I'd bet even going 4-5, 5-4 would be enough for Jones to keep him around. He'll use injuries, missed time due to suspensions or whatever excuse he can come up with to justify it.
I actually think Garrett would have been better off if Dak didn't claw us back in the game last night. The fact that we got that close and Garrett pussed out has to gull Jerry way more.

Cotton

Staff member

If we had actually taking some shots at the sidelines the bad snap most likely wouldn't have mattered near as much.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If we had actually taking some shots at the sidelines the bad snap most likely wouldn't have mattered near as much.
We didn't even have to go only to the sideline. We could have used the middle of the field, too. We still had that last time out in our pocket. Another 10-15 yards and we were gold. Hell, from there we might have even been able to take a shot or two into the endzone before kicking.

Strange concept, I know.

Top Bottom