One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Why are they still so scared of him?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
If by some chance he was given a new trial and found not guilty, the riots would reach unprecedented levels.
Let them. A man shouldn't be lynched because of public opinion. That's now how our judicial system is supposed to work. Let the rioters show their true face. The public will eventually get fed up and shoot back.

If he's truly guilty of actual murder (which I'm not convinced of) he can be re-tried and sent to prison, but he shouldn't be sent to jail with a juror that is obviously biased.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Good to know, I was just stating what I preferred, wouldn't 6 to the head be quicker, less painful?
I would imagine so. But even though a person is sentenced to death, they are still human beings that more than likely have people that love them. Although the condemned may not deserve compassion, their family does.

One bullet to the head would make quite a mess of somebody’s face. Six would turn their head into cherry pie.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I would imagine so. But even though a person is sentenced to death, they are still human beings that more than likely have people that love them. Although the condemned may not deserve compassion, their family does.

One bullet to the head would make quite a mess of somebody’s face. Six would turn their head into cherry pie.
I was thinking selfishly, if I'm getting killed by firing squad, I sure as hell dont want to survive that shit and prolong the agony

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

If they have been credibly convicted I don't give one shit how much they suffer nor what their families have to see. Don't fucking commit heinous acts. The family will be just as sad when they die "humanely".

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Bring back Ol' Sparky. You can even power it with solar or wind if you want to electrocute green.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If they have been credibly convicted I don't give one shit how much they suffer nor what their families have to see. Don't fucking commit heinous acts. The family will be just as sad when they die "humanely".
I disagree. Yeah, THEY deserve to suffer. But I don't agree that their family does. And putting them through the added horror of having their child/parent having their head blown off isn't needed. They've already been through enough.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Bring back Ol' Sparky. You can even power it with solar or wind if you want to electrocute green.
I've always said go back to hanging. Ropes are cheap. Use it until it breaks, then grab another.

And bring back public hangings. Might deter some shit if people actually see what is waiting for them if they commit the crimes that warrant being hung for it.

Cotton

Staff member
I disagree. Yeah, THEY deserve to suffer. But I don't agree that their family does. And putting them through the added horror of having their child/parent having their head blown off isn't needed. They've already been through enough.
I didn't say the family deserved to suffer, just that I don't care how they see them die. They will grieve regardless. There needs to be more deterrence in our criminal justice system. And, if this is what it takes, then so be it.

Cotton

Staff member
I've always said go back to hanging. Ropes are cheap. Use it until it breaks, then grab another.

And bring back public hangings. Might deter some shit if people actually see what is waiting for them if they commit the crimes that warrant being hung for it.
Exactly. I think we are in agreement on this. You're obviously okay with the family watching the accused jerk and writhe as they die, and that's what I'm saying. Make it hurt for everyone to see. Then the next person that thinks about doing something horrific might think twice.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Top Bottom