Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Just got around to watching the Defense closing arguments in the Rittenhouse case.

Not a bad job, not a great speaker, the first half of his closing was pretty underwhelming, but the last half was damn good.

I would think there’s zero chance this kid serves any prison time, you just don’t know what’ll happen when there’s lesser charges to consider.

I’ll say a prayer for him anyway, but he should easily be found innocent. The closing made the best case. Kyle didn’t shoot anyone until he was either backed into a corner by a violent lunatic, or hit with a skateboard, or kicked in the face.

He’s not a guy that was just walking down the street picking people off.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Imagine if he'd Alec Baldwined the jury

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Good. :towel

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Diplomatic? Does that mean our athletes are boycotting too?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It means only the government officials won't go. The athletes still will. So this is a truly meaningless gesture.

Joe and Co. aren't going to show up their CCP buddies with a real boycott.

Cotton

Staff member
It means only the government officials won't go. The athletes still will. So this is a truly meaningless gesture.

Joe and Co. aren't going to show up their CCP buddies with a real boycott.
Oh, well shit I didn't realize that. I take back my towel waving.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't know if I agree with a boycott of an Olympic games. I mean, yeah I guess I can understand the meaning behind it, but what does it really do? Other than punishing the athletes from your country that have trained their whole lives for that moment, only to have it taken away by rich old men in a pissing contest that accomplishes nothing.

We boycotted the Moscow olympics in '80. They in turn boycotted the '84 olympics in Los Angeles. What did it accomplish? Nothing. And the only people from then until now that have even thought about it are the athletes that had their opportunity to compete taken away.

And if this is just a diplomatic boycott... WGAS. 99.999% of people across the entire world don't give one single fuck if some stuffed shirt diplomat attends a sporting event.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know if I agree with a boycott of an Olympic games. I mean, yeah I guess I can understand the meaning behind it, but what does it really do? Other than punishing the athletes from your country that have trained their whole lives for that moment, only to have it taken away by rich old men in a pissing contest that accomplishes nothing.

We boycotted the Moscow olympics in '80. They in turn boycotted the '84 olympics in Los Angeles. What did it accomplish? Nothing. And the only people from then until now that have even thought about it are the athletes that had their opportunity to compete taken away.

And if this is just a diplomatic boycott... WGAS. 99.999% of people across the entire world don't give one single fuck if some stuffed shirt diplomat attends a sporting event.
Do you actually want to make a difference or do you just want to put on a show? It's like kneeling before football games. It doesn't make any actual change. You want to impact real change? Do it economically.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Long read but good.

I say again, race has nothing to do with anything, or shouldn't, regarding political philosophy. The level of melanin in your skin or the continent your ancestors came from has nothing to do with whether you want a more intrusive and authoritarian government or a more freedom-based one. The entire construct is just a Dem strategy to win votes, and it's a shame so many people accept it. It was always going to bite them in the butt eventually, and maybe that time is coming.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I say again, race has nothing to do with anything, or shouldn't, regarding political philosophy. The level of melanin in your skin or the continent your ancestors came from has nothing to do with whether you want a more intrusive and authoritarian government or a more freedom-based one. The entire construct is just a Dem strategy to win votes, and it's a shame so many people accept it. It was always going to bite them in the butt eventually, and maybe that time is coming.
YOU AINT BLACK !!!!

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m becoming increasingly angry at what I see being allowed on television.

Has anyone forced themselves to watch any of MSNBC’s Joy Reid? First off, why isn’t she cancelled for her homophobic slurs on Twitter from years ago? Is it because she looks like Michael Clarke Duncan and nobody wants to fire a dead man?

She’s allowed to say things like “White tears are what got Cavanaugh his SCOTUS seat, white tears will probably get Kyle Rittenhouse off.”.

What kind of backlash would there be if Tucker Carlson went on TV tonight and claimed that the only chance Julius Jones has of getting a stay granted by the Governor is if he pushes out some black tears?

She spews pure racist garbage from her mouth, but somehow it’s ok if it’s directed at white people. It needs to stop.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Then today we find out, and it shouldn’t surprise anyone that a company employing a human piece of garbage shit bag like Joy Reid, had one of their “media persons” follow the jury bus yesterday.

The idiot was pulled over for running a red light to keep up with the bus, got pulled over, told the cop that his boss at MSNBC told him to follow the jury bus.

The Judge just spoke about it to the court. MSNBC won’t be allowed in the court house for the remainder of the trial and he’s referring them to the proper authorities.

Scumbags.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
What reason would you have to follow the bus? Maybe to get some photos of the jurors? Find out where they live? For what reason?

I’ll wait to see if FOX gets busted doing the same thing to the Ahmed Aubrey jurors.

Cotton

Staff member
What reason would you have to follow the bus? Maybe to get some photos of the jurors? Find out where they live? For what reason?

I’ll wait to see if FOX gets busted doing the same thing to the Ahmed Aubrey jurors.
They want to be able to dox them. That’s how they hope to sway the jury to “do the right thing” and convict him.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
They want to be able to dox them. That’s how they hope to sway the jury to “do the right thing” and convict him.
The jury is already having to wrestle with things they shouldn’t have to.

Is my opinion going to cause someone else to die?

Is my opinion going to be the cause of some business owner losing their livelihood to a mob burning it down?

Will I be persecuted in my community if my identity is found out?

It’s bullshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The jury is already having to wrestle with things they shouldn’t have to.

Is my opinion going to cause someone else to die?

Is my opinion going to be the cause of some business owner losing their livelihood to a mob burning it down?

Will I be persecuted in my community if my identity is found out?

It’s bullshit.
All over a white kid shooting a white man in self defense. Crazy world we live in.

Here is a novel idea, don't attack the dude with an AR.

Top Bottom