Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Sheik

DCC 4Life
All over a white kid shooting a white man in self defense. Crazy world we live in.

Here is a novel idea, don't attack the dude with an AR.
There should be a lesson in there somewhere, but I’m betting it happens again.

Maybe sooner rather than later depending on the verdict.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There should be a lesson in there somewhere, but I’m betting it happens again.

Maybe sooner rather than later depending on the verdict.
It could happen on a much larger scale if this shit continues. People can only be pushed so far before they start snapping.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Imagine being the husband/wife of one of the jurors. You have a couple young children at home. You hear that MSNBC was caught trying to dox your spouse and his/her fellow jurors. Putting your family at risk.

You think for a moment it’s impossible for a scared spouse to persuade his or her significant other to just go along to get along and end this thing?

MSNBC should pay dearly for this shit. They’re attempting to dox jurors at best, or interfere with the verdict at worst.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Imagine being the husband/wife of one of the jurors. You have a couple young children at home. You hear that MSNBC was caught trying to dox your spouse and his/her fellow jurors. Putting your family at risk.

You think for a moment it’s impossible for a scared spouse to persuade his or her significant other to just go along to get along and end this thing?

MSNBC should pay dearly for this shit. They’re attempting to dox jurors at best, or interfere with the verdict at worst.
They should and according to the judge he is referring it for prosecution but I'll be surprised if they actually face anything over it

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The judge should declare a mistrial with prejudice just to say eff all you radical losers who apparently want mob rule in this country. I'll take the heat myself.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So the Dems got the Build Back Bankrupt 4+ trillion dollar bill through the House last night, packed with amnesty, federalization of our elections, spying on our bank accounts, no more border agents but far more IRS agents, and other things to cement their power. Only hope left now is Manchin and Sinema.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd love to know how many of the "guilty" jurors truly believe he should be convicted vs how many are scared of the repercussions.

Cotton

Staff member
Well then that seems likely to be a hung jury.

Though again I have no idea how anyone would know that. There is no way to get access to the jury’s opinions at this point.
If it does end up being a hung jury, do they retry the case, and how does all of the evidence work if they do?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If it does end up being a hung jury, do they retry the case, and how does all of the evidence work if they do?
C-rock probably knows better but my understanding is that it’s like a mistrial without prejudice. It’s over, but the state can bring charges again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
C-rock probably knows better but my understanding is that it’s like a mistrial without prejudice. It’s over, but the state can bring charges again.
Yep and then they start the whole thing from scratch essentially with a new jury panel. Now most cases the state might not bring at that point for a waste of resources. But this has become must see TV so they would probably do it again just for show. If this wasn't a famous case it would have gone away and died probably long before now.

Cotton

Staff member

Poor kid. This shit has to have been tough on him, man.

Top Bottom