Random killing of Australian ballplayer prompts threats, boycotts

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
There really is no one of note at the moment that I can say makes people sit up in there seats Obama would be number one, but he is neck and neck with Bill Clinton.

To tell the truth most black people under 40 don't really care or are looking to religious types for inspiration, for the most part they are pretty jaded.

In my social circles Sharpton and Jackson are jokes.
It's a shame more people of any race don't think this is the case.

Ok then what do you consider "Black" and why don't I fit that?

I am not painting Hannity or O'Reilly any particular way other than saying they are seeking fame and fortune by race baiting the same as Jackson and Sharpton why would that offend you?
I am not a regular listener to either, but do listen or watch occasionally, along with Mark Davis, Mark Levin, Michael Medved, JD Wells (local guy) and Dennis Preager. I'd like to hear of any specific case you can think of where any of these folk in any way race baited? I understand you don't like or listen to Jackson or Sharpton, but they and their organizations are built on racial discourse and disharmony and for them stirring the pot is a way of life. There is no comparison and if you think there is, I'd like an example. Just because you don't agree with their politics doesn't make them wrong or race baiters and to try and put them in anywhere near the same category as the other two gents is flat out preposterous!

Wait. WHAT?

You're talking to Jiggy, right?

You drunk? Fall and hit your head? Somebody hack your account? Lose a bet?
He must have been. Jiggs does present good cases sometimes, but he does gets some crazy emotional stuff going too! (Love you though Jiggs!)

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's a shame more people of any race don't think this is the case.

I am not a regular listener to either, but do listen or watch occasionally, along with Mark Davis, Mark Levin, Michael Medved, JD Wells (local guy) and Dennis Preager. I'd like to hear of any specific case you can think of where any of these folk in any way race baited? I understand you don't like or listen to Jackson or Sharpton, but they and their organizations are built on racial discourse and disharmony and for them stirring the pot is a way of life. There is no comparison and if you think there is, I'd like an example. Just because you don't agree with their politics doesn't make them wrong or race baiters and to try and put them in anywhere near the same category as the other two gents is flat out preposterous!

He must have been. Jiggs does present good cases sometimes, but he does gets some crazy emotional stuff going too! (Love you though Jiggs!)
Trayvon Martin case.

There is plenty of comparison and its funny that you say its not but claim you rarely listen to them, how would you know either way?

And when have I ever got "crazy emotional" pleas give an example.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I did listen quite a bit during the Martin case. I also watched the Left leaning channels to contrast how different coverage was. There was very little if any effort to hide the racial bias on left channels; for them there was no doubt it was a racial thing regardless of circumstance. They like some here were all over it before the evidence had been fully shown. and what I heard on FOX wasn't racism as much as they were touting how race shouldn't even be an issue in this case, and they were correct. It wasn't about race. The crazy emotional may have been an exageration, but since you asked, go back and read your posts from the Trayvon thread when this thing first happened. Less logic than I'm used to from you. :buddy
There was a lot of lawyer type questions. Wouldn't you agree?...Don't you think?....Don't you see that?....But what if?....:shrug:art

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If this isn't going to be labeled a "hate crime" then they should just do away with that label unless there is a guilty admission by the perpetrator or written/recorded concrete evidence the crime was a result of color/religion/sexual preference/ etc., otherwise it's total BS.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I did listen quite a bit during the Martin case. I also watched the Left leaning channels to contrast how different coverage was. There was very little if any effort to hide the racial bias on left channels; for them there was no doubt it was a racial thing regardless of circumstance. They like some here were all over it before the evidence had been fully shown. and what I heard on FOX wasn't racism as much as they were touting how race shouldn't even be an issue in this case, and they were correct. It wasn't about race. The crazy emotional may have been an exageration, but since you asked, go back and read your posts from the Trayvon thread when this thing first happened. Less logic than I'm used to from you. :buddy
There was a lot of lawyer type questions. Wouldn't you agree?...Don't you think?....Don't you see that?....But what if?....:shrug:art
They were the ones showing the pictures of Trayvon painting him as some thug did you miss that?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
If this isn't going to be labeled a "hate crime" then they should just do away with that label unless there is a guilty admission by the perpetrator or written/recorded concrete evidence the crime was a result of color/religion/sexual preference/ etc., otherwise it's total BS.
I agree with you here. It seems like every crime committed against someone that looks/acts different than the perpetrator is labeled a "hate" crime, and it's kind of ridiculous.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
They were the ones showing the pictures of Trayvon painting him as some thug did you miss that?
They posted pics from his facebook page that he posted himself. Self incrimination not somebody making crap up and let's be frank about it, every other news channel in the world was trying to paint Trayvon Martin as some complete innocent by showing pictures of him when he was fricken 12 years old!!!!! How about some damn journalistic honesty. FOX showed those pics he himself posted. How does that make them racist? It's not like every left channel trying to paint Zim as a racist despite all he did prior to the incident. Or does that even matter. Apparently it depends on who's trying to portray whom as what. You aren't going to convince anyone using the Martin example sorry. Give me some other incident where FOX was supposedly racist in nature. And by the way, I'm not saying you won't find an incident or 2 where it happened or appeared to happen, but all you have to do is turn on to one of the left channels and it won't be long before someone there is trying to make a race issue out of something whether it is or isn't. Hell Chris Matthews and all the rest of MSNBC sees race in everything.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
They posted pics from his facebook page that he posted himself. Self incrimination not somebody making crap up and let's be frank about it, every other news channel in the world was trying to paint Trayvon Martin as some complete innocent by showing pictures of him when he was fricken 12 years old!!!!! How about some damn journalistic honesty. FOX showed those pics he himself posted. How does that make them racist? It's not like every left channel trying to paint Zim as a racist despite all he did prior to the incident. Or does that even matter. Apparently it depends on who's trying to portray whom as what. You aren't going to convince anyone using the Martin example sorry. Give me some other incident where FOX was supposedly racist in nature. And by the way, I'm not saying you won't find an incident or 2 where it happened or appeared to happen, but all you have to do is turn on to one of the left channels and it won't be long before someone there is trying to make a race issue out of something whether it is or isn't. Hell Chris Matthews and all the rest of MSNBC sees race in everything.
I am not saying MSNBC does not race bait all media do it to drive ratings but you are foolish to say Fox does not do the same thing here is the latest example.

This whole comparing the Lane murder to the Martin case is race baiting and Fox left out the white kid in there reporting.

And the brain trust at Fox and Friends falsely reported that three black teens were arrested in the deadly shooting.
But contrary to what West and Fox and Friends said, not all of the teens who allegedly killed Lane are black. The suspect and alleged driver Michael Jones is white, but The Daily Caller originally displayed the wrong photo for Jones, that of a black teen.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And this sums up what the difference is between the Martin and Lane cases.

The absurdity of that comparison is evident to anyone who was paying attention to the Martin case. The reason that people were so infuriated was that Zimmerman had been briefly questioned and then released with no further legal accountability. The protests that erupted were aimed at securing justice: an arrest, an investigation, and if warranted, a trial. That’s what was missing in the Martin case, and that’s why people were speaking out about it.

In the Lane case, the perpetrators were identified quickly, arrested, and remain incarcerated awaiting trial. So justice is being served. It is proceeding in an appropriate manner without the need for the public to intercede
The whole Birther thing is race baiting and Fox news has made a living on it, Why was McCain not questioned about being born in Panama or why is Ted Cruz not disqualified because he was born in Canada?

Last edited:

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
And this sums up what the difference is between the Martin and Lane cases.

The whole Birther thing is race baiting and Fox news has made a living on it, Why was McCain not questioned about being born in Panama or why is Ted Cruz not disqualified because he was born in Canada?
I've seen plenty of talk on McCain and Cruz both on the TV and radio from FOX, but if it get's explained satisfactorily, how many time do you have to beat it like a drum? And FOX hasn't made a living on it, it get's talked about once in a while and all of the analysts I hear on FOX say they don't buy into it.
I don't know where your quote is from, but that is the problem with people who don't know anything about police work commenting as if every police decision and action requires social approval and emotional evaluation. The law is what it is and vague words like "briefly questioned" and " no further legal accountability" are assumptive words written by a know nothing trying to stir crap up. They Florida police their apparently did everything appropriately. So did the feds that the department asked to come look at it. But that wasn't enough for some and emotional and political reasons trumped the law and gave us the travesty of a trial you saw. So no one apparently sees the true racism of that situation because Zim was forced to go through a trial he shouldn't have because they person he was defending himself against and shot was black and he wasn't. How F'd up is that?

Top Bottom