Random killing of Australian ballplayer prompts threats, boycotts

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
What the hell does that have to do with anything, Hannity and O'Reilly have just as much or more influence than Jackson or Sharpton.

So in your mind talking heads should get a pass as if they have no bearing on politics?
I think it's because Sharpton and Jackson have been dicks for like 100 years now and have had more time to annoy people.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think it's because Sharpton and Jackson have been dicks for like 100 years now and have had more time to annoy people.
Nah, let's compare TV personalities now to cultural-icon pillars of the political movement for years. Makes sense and stuff.

You know who Hannity and O'Reilly get to? People like VaCowboy.

You know who Jackson and Sharpton get to? Yeah. I thought so.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Josh Earnest, principal deputy White House press secretary, said he was not familiar with the murder of Australian jogger Chris Lane during Wednesday’s White House briefing.

When asked by Fox News chief White House correspondent Ed Henry about the Chris Lane case, Earnest responded, “I’m not familiar with it, actually.”

Henry explained the case in brief to Earnest looking for reaction to the Oklahoma shooting death of Lane at the hands of “bored” African-American teens who thought it would be “fun” to kill somebody.

“This sounds like a pretty tragic case. I wouldn’t want to get ahead of the legal process here and it’s clear that law enforcement officials are involved and are investigating,” Earnest said. “But any act of violence is something that — the president I think himself has spoken pretty eloquently about violence in our communities and he stood at this podium a few weeks ago where he talked about his concern about the impact that violence is having on, in particular, young people in this country.”

Henry pressed Earnest, noting that the President spoke about slain teen Trayvon Martin in the Rose Garden and in the briefing room.

“Why hasn’t [the president] spoken out about this? In this case, you said there was a judicial proceeding. There was one in the Trayvon Martin case. He spoke out extensively on that one,” Henry said.

“There are some people in this room I don’t think who would agree with you that the president spoke out extensively on it,” Earnest responded.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Nah, let's compare TV personalities now to cultural-icon pillars of the political movement for years. Makes sense and stuff.

There are more people like Va that listen to Hannity and O'Reilly than people who take Jackson and Sharpton seriously.

Until the Trayvon incident I did not even know Jesse Jackson was still alive nobody under the age of 40 is listening to Sharpton or Jackson for guidance these days.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Until the Trayvon incident I did not even know Jesse Jackson was still alive nobody under the age of 40 is listening to Sharpton or Jackson for guidance these days.
Who are they listening to? Tupac?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wow you really are out of touch.:lol
Well, enlighten me.

Who are the influential black politicos?

You like to think Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity speak to white folks on a higher level than Jackson/Sharpton, who does it for black people?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well, enlighten me.

Who are the influential black politicos?

You like to think Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity speak to white folks on a higher level than Jackson/Sharpton, who does it for black people?
There really is no one of note at the moment that I can say makes people sit up in there seats Obama would be number one, but he is neck and neck with Bill Clinton.

To tell the truth most black people under 40 don't really care or are looking to religious types for inspiration, for the most part they are pretty jaded.

In my social circles Sharpton and Jackson are jokes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There really is no one of note at the moment that I can say makes people sit up in there seats Obama would be number one, but he is neck and neck with Bill Clinton.

To tell the truth most black people under 40 don't really care or are looking to religious types for inspiration, for the most part they are pretty jaded.
I was looking more at the younger, even younger than you generation. I think they get more from the music and the "culture" than they do anything else.

That's why I used the Tupac reference. A bit absurd, but in the same respect, not really.

Obama might, but he's more of a symbol than anything else. IMO.

In my social circles Sharpton and Jackson are jokes.
No offense, I really don't consider you all that black though.:art

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was looking more at the younger, even younger than you generation. I think they get more from the music and the "culture" than they do anything else.

That's why I used the Tupac reference. A bit absurd, but in the same respect, not really.

Obama might, but he's more of a symbol than anything else. IMO.

No offense, I really don't consider you all that black though.:art
Not trying to start anything and I will let it drop after this but it is offensive, I am not particularly different from a lot of black people you just have not interacted with a diverse group.

But anyway back to the topic like I said there is nobody that I can think that can stir people up like Jackson and Sharpton did back in the day or the Hannity and O'Reilly do now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not trying to start anything and I will let it drop after this but it is offensive, I am not particularly different from a lot of black people you just have not interacted with a diverse group.
Sorry if I offended you personally, but sorry...I interact with a very broad and diverse group of black culture at my job. Every day. I am not in some isolated world somewhere. I deal with employing many folks every day. Professionals and grunts come through my doors every day looking for work and my job is to talk to them. If that is not representative enough for you, I don't know what else to say.

But anyway back to the topic like I said there is nobody that I can think that can stir people up like Jackson and Sharpton did back in the day or the Hannity and O'Reilly do now.
Funny, I could take your commentary about Beck and Hannity just as offensively. They are two uber-Neocon fags I would never ever listen to.

It seems you are painting with as broad of a brush you are implying I am.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sorry if I offended you personally, but sorry...I interact with a very broad and diverse group of black culture at my job. Every day. I am not in some isolated world somewhere. I deal with employing many folks every day. Professionals and grunts come through my doors every day looking for work and my job is to talk to them. If that is not representative enough for you, I don't know what else to say.

Funny, I could take your commentary about Beck and Hannity just as offensively. They are two uber-Neocon fags I would never ever listen to.

It seems you are painting with as broad of a brush you are implying I am.
Ok then what do you consider "Black" and why don't I fit that?

I am not painting Hannity or O'Reilly any particular way other than saying they are seeking fame and fortune by race baiting the same as Jackson and Sharpton why would that offend you?

I am not going to have time to really get into this tonight, but I am interested to hear what you consider "black" don't think I am trying to call you out, yes it offends me, but maybe I am missing something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ok then what do you consider "Black" and why don't I fit that?

I am not painting Hannity or O'Reilly any particular way other than saying they are seeking fame and fortune by race baiting the same as Jackson and Sharpton why would that offend you?
Hannity and O'Reilly are basically rich white fucks who doesn't have a damn idea what is happening in this country and how to relate to it. So, yeah...it bugs me to be lumped in.

I am not going to have time to really get into this tonight, but I am interested to hear what you consider "black" don't think I am trying to call you out, yes it offends me, but maybe I am missing something.
I will make it simple for you and I hope it saves some time.

You don't play the "oppressed" card, you call it as you see it, with a slant, which I completely understand.

In other words, you do try to approach debates logically.

Again, sorry to offend.

I can make you feel more black if you want...just let me know how.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hannity and O'Reilly are basically rich white fucks who doesn't have a damn idea what is happening in this country and how to relate to it. So, yeah...it bugs me to be lumped in.

I will make it simple for you and I hope it saves some time.

You don't play the "oppressed" card, you call it as you see it, with a slant, which I completely understand.

Again, sorry to offend.

I can make you feel more black if you want...just let me know how.
I never lumped you in with those guys or any body else, I actually respect your take on a lot of things politically and socially.

But I have a huge issue if you think being black is to always play the oppressed card, I am not saying a large amount don't, but that's not being black that is just playing the blame game and black people certainly do not hold a monopoly on that.

Anyway no harm no foul just needed to get that out there, I had been biting my tongue, I know you were not being malicious it just irked me a bit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I never lumped you in with those guys or any body else, I actually respect your take on a lot of things politically and socially.

But I have a huge issue if you think being black is to always play the oppressed card, I am not saying a large amount don't, but that's not being black that is just playing the blame game and black people certainly do not hold a monopoly on that.

Anyway no harm no foul just needed to get that out there, I had been biting my tongue, I know you were not being malicious it just irked me a bit.
So anyways, I still don't think you act like a black guy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

There are more people like Va that listen to Hannity and O'Reilly than people who take Jackson and Sharpton seriously.
Fascinating. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Wait. WHAT?

You're talking to Jiggy, right?

You drunk? Fall and hit your head? Somebody hack your account? Lose a bet?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wait. WHAT?

You're talking to Jiggy, right?

You drunk? Fall and hit your head? Somebody hack your account? Lose a bet?
Yeah he has been laughing at too many of my posts. He is probably swinging from the chandaleir.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, Jiggy is logical.

And, Santa beats his reindeer to make them fly faster.

Top Bottom