Rams at Cowboys | Week 3 Game Day Chatter Thread | 09/22/2013.....

Lotuseater

Banned
:lol

That's what I was thinking too.

I wanted every team on your list sans San Diego to lose.

I can't remember the last time that all of those results panned out.

It was a marvelous Sunday.
It really was pretty amazing. I particularly loved how bad all those teams got stompted, especially the Giants by the shitty panthers.... Love that shit.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Part of me wants to get really excited about yesterday. Other then the 2 fumbles (one lost) we played a pretty close to perfect game. The problem is I can't help but think to myself that this is the Rams. That they are the same Rams team that has stunk the NFL up in recent history. I think the Rams are a different team now. One with a badass defensive line but yet I still worry that we played so well because we were just playing that bad of a team.

If we come out and beat San Diego I will start feeling pretty good about our team. I know a lot of people on here are chucking San Diego in the bad team pile but I wouldn't be so quick to do so. They pushed the Texans to their limits. They beat the Eagles. Sure they had a hiccup against the Titans but the Chargers could give us a real game.
I'll be ecstatic if we beat SD next week. I don't sell them short just because the Titans gave them trouble. The Titans gave Houston trouble as well. If we can win next week, it can give us a sign of whether or not we are starting to buck the trend of winning one and losing one on consecutive weeks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd be impressed with a win over the Chargers like I would have been had we beaten the Chiefs simply because these are exactly the games this team always loses.

I picked them to lose to KC and I think they'll lose to SD as well. Until they finally put these inconsistent letdowns behind them, I'm always going to pick them to lose in these types of games.

I'll take a 12-9 victory and be happy just as long as they finally find a way to consistently win games that they're supposed to.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I went to the Zzzzzzzzzzzone for the first time since the draft just to check how out there they were homering out...

That place is unreadable now, I mean you had a lot of homers and braindeads, but you could still find a nugget or two worth reading before, but now... smh.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Love how RG(0-III) and the Redskins just keep shooting themselves in the foot and getting exposed. Last year they had virtually no turnovers with every ball bouncing their way and exalting RG as their messiah. Little different when the turnovers even out and defenses figure out the read/option. No doubt they aren't running it as much with RGIII still recovering from the knee injury, but with SF and Seattle running it last year too defenses have made it an emphasis to adjust.

Also love seeing the Steelers off to an 0-3 start. Added bonus is Polomalu is healthy and looking like his younger self yet it's all being squandered.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Love how RG(0-III) and the Redskins just keep shooting themselves in the foot and getting exposed. Last year they had virtually no turnovers with every ball bouncing their way and exalting RG as their messiah. Little different when the turnovers even out and defenses figure out the read/option. No doubt they aren't running it as much with RGIII still recovering from the knee injury, but with SF and Seattle running it last year too defenses have made it an emphasis to adjust.

Also love seeing the Steelers off to an 0-3 start. Added bonus is Polomalu is healthy and looking like his younger self yet it's all being squandered.
The read option is nowhere near as successful as it was a year ago and that is why RG3 and Kaepernick are struggling to adjust.

One of the things the defenses are doing is sending a guy at QB no matter what. Don't pay any attention to the back.....just go right to the QB and nail his ass because he's fair game.

At worst, your odds are 50/50. At best, you're killing that play before it has a chance to start and you're making teams think twice about getting their QB nailed over and over.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This was the first game in a long time that I felt confident and comfortable that Dallas was in control the entire game. The absence of excessive butt pucker was comforting.

superpunk

Banned
The read option is nowhere near as successful as it was a year ago and that is why RG3 and Kaepernick are struggling to adjust.

One of the things the defenses are doing is sending a guy at QB no matter what. Don't pay any attention to the back.....just go right to the QB and nail his ass because he's fair game.

At worst, your odds are 50/50. At best, you're killing that play before it has a chance to start and you're making teams think twice about getting their QB nailed over and over.
Read option still seems successful, I mean Philly and Seattle can play offense.

We may just be seeing that RG3 and Kap are bad QBs, and if you can make them one-dimensional they can't beat you with their arm.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Read option still seems successful, I mean Philly and Seattle can play offense.

We may just be seeing that RG3 and Kap are bad QBs, and if you can make them one-dimensional they can't beat you with their arm.
Oh, it can still produce some successful plays, but you're not going to see teams be successful with the read option being the base for an offense like last year.

As for your second statement, I'm way ahead of you. I said throughout the offseason that I wanted to see what these QB's did when defenses figured things out and forced them to win with just their arm.

Of that group, Wilson is the one guy I think is the real deal. The others have big question marks hanging above their heads.

superpunk

Banned
I'm worried about how we're going to handle it. I mean KC rolled straight down the field with it, but maybe we weren't ready for that from ol' cabbage hands right off the bat.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm worried about how we're going to handle it. I mean KC rolled straight down the field with it, but maybe we weren't ready for that from ol' cabbage hands right off the bat.
You act like KC rolled over Dallas. It was a one point game and could have gone either way.

superpunk

Banned
You act like KC rolled over Dallas. It was a one point game and could have gone either way.
I don't act like that at all. KC rolled straight down the field on us running the option. The rest of the game we dominated them on D.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

:lol Nice touch.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yep. The Dallas offense just choked that game away. They kept underestimating KC and finally ended up giving it away too many times. The Chiefs scored a whopping 17 points at home and were sacked 4 times, so the defense did its job. The offense was afraid to give the ball to Dunbar once he fumbled, and Romo got careless holding the ball too long.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm glad that the 49ers are being hammered for their decision to allow Aldon Smith to play following his Friday morning arrest.

Smith checking into rehab literally a couple of hours following yesterday's game makes the 49ers decision to play him even more egregious.

superpunk

Banned
I'm glad that the 49ers are being hammered for their decision to allow Aldon Smith to play following his Friday morning arrest.

Smith checking into rehab literally a couple of hours following yesterday's game makes the 49ers decision to play him even more egregious.
Yup. Harbaugh looking shady right now.

Carp

DCC 4Life

I mentioned that yesterday...terrible decision...in the Brent ballpark of bad decisions.

Carl

RIP Brother

Very odd decision by Harbaugh. He didn't cover himself with glory the week leading up to last years SB. First crisis of his reign? Yes, let's see how he gets his team to respond.

Top Bottom