Rams at Cowboys | Week 3 Game Day Chatter Thread | 09/22/2013.....

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pretty amazing that Bradford hadn't been sacked in the first 2 games and we got 6 today.

And so Barry Church is probably our best safety since when?

2005 Roy Williams?
2007 Hamlin and 2009 Sensabaugh played well and he's probably on that level right now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hayden has been very good for what he is...now imagine how much more effective we'll be when Ratliff comes back. Just being able to have some quality depth would be big.
I've been impressed with the DL play so far this season. If we can get Ratliff and Spencer to mix something in, and the others maintain the level they've been playing at, we could be in for a very pleasant surprise.

Rod Marinelli and Leon Lett are working miracles with these guys so far.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I've been impressed with the DL play so far this season. If we can get Ratliff and Spencer to mix something in, and the others maintain the level they've been playing at, we could be in for a very pleasant surprise.

I'm not sure I want Spencer back. Ratliff will add some good stuff, but with the way Selvie is playing I almost want to see him keep playing. I know, 11 mill sitting on the bench and all, but I hope they don't completely bench Selvie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They are running great stunts and twists up front...Hatcher got Ware one sack today by taking out two blockers...Selvie was working to free up up Hatcher and Bradford just ran into him.

Cotton

Staff member

Money is still money.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm not sure I want Spencer back. Ratliff will add some good stuff, but with the way Selvie is playing I almost want to see him keep playing. I know, 11 mill sitting on the bench and all, but I hope they don't completely bench Selvie.
You need depth...put aside your hard feelings and understand that we will be better with Spencer getting some snaps.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need depth...put aside your hard feelings and understand that we will be better with Spencer getting some snaps.
We will be better with a healthy Spencer but I'm not sure I would hand him the starting job over Selvie.

Cotton

Staff member
The first sentence in my post should have been worded differently. I don't mean I don't want Spencer playing at all, just that Selvie should get the start and play most of the game until Spencer can prove he can be better than Selvie.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I highly doubt Selvie would be completely shut down. You can never have enough pressure players, and if Spencer can provide a pass rush, he should be playing. The more to rotate, the better.

Cotton

Staff member
I highly doubt Selvie would be completely shut down. You can never have enough pressure players, and if Spencer can provide a pass rush, he should be playing. The more to rotate, the better.
I agree that we should have a rotation of some sort to keep fresh legs on the field.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Nobody in our pickem picked the Colts to win this game.

We're awesome.

:lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just realized... We're discussing how much we actually WANT George Selvie to get more playing time.

~eerie background music~

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You know what's funny about them?

They have the best collection of talent on defense in the entire league, IMO. I don't think anyone can match them man for man from simply an individual talent standpoint.

However, in spite of all those great players, they aren't all that great as a group. The rarely dominate and they don't produce a lot of low scores.

If you have an adequate offense, you're gonna move the ball and you're gonna score points on them.

I think that's why Seattle seems to have their number. They can shut down SF while SF struggles to stop that running game.
Less than the sum of their parts?

Sounds like

POOR COACHING

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm so impressed with Church...skeptical about how effective he was in coming back from the injury, but he has showed up in every game.
I liked Church before he got hurt last year. Don't want to get carried away, but I think he's a keeper.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hayden has been very good for what he is...now imagine how much more effective we'll be when Ratliff comes back. Just being able to have some quality depth would be big.
If Ratliff can come back.

But if he can, even rotational pass rusher there, that'd be very nice.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I was concerned about the loss of Ratliff and the conversion of Ware and Spencer to end, but it seems to be working quite well so far.

Still need to address the DL with youth in a hurry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I liked Church before he got hurt last year. Don't want to get carried away, but I think he's a keeper.
I don't want to get too excited because we have seen this story before. Safety puts together a good season and then falls off the face of the earth the next year. I was also happy with the play of Wilcox today. I didn't see any problems with anything he did today.

Top Bottom