Quinn Succession Planning

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But he could be and nobody will know until he gets the chance.

I prefer Whitt right now but what if Quinn takes Whitt?
Is Whitt out of contract? You don't have to let assistants go unless they are no longer under contract. Of course if they are getting promoted you usually let them go to be nice.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is Whitt out of contract? You don't have to let assistants go unless they are no longer under contract. Of course if they are getting promoted you usually let them go to be nice.
I'm assuming the DC position would be the way Quinn would get one of them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Obviously if Vrabel doesn't get a HC job you pay him whatever it takes to make him DC.
Love me some Vrabel. I'd be shocked if he didn't get a HC job, though. I thought he did really well in Tennessee with Tannehill at QB.

I bet if we had him our run D wouldn't be such a weakness anymore.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Al Harris would be my choice. Wha he’s done with these young secondary guys is ridiculous. Don’t let that get away.

Also, Quinn would be a moron to take a job with no QB.
that’s all the jobs basically.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Not so sure Quinn is destined for Seattle. The trend is young hotshot offensive coordinators. All the recent firings were defensive guys (Staley, Rivera, Vrabel, Carroll, maybe Belichick). Elsewhere, Eberflus and Saleh are hanging by a thread.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not so sure Quinn is destined for Seattle. The trend is young hotshot offensive coordinators. All the recent firings were defensive guys (Staley, Rivera, Vrabel, Carroll, maybe Belichick). Elsewhere, Eberflus and Saleh are hanging by a thread.
The replacement will be whoever Pete Carol wants it to be.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rex desperately wants to continue coaching. He's constantly bitching about how he was passed over for jobs in recent years.
Rex I think still has it as a defensive mind and I'd give him a shot.

Rob was never any good.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Rex seems like the type of guy who would always think he was smarter than the head coach, though. Not sure I'd want a guy like that as a coordinator.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rex seems like the type of guy who would always think he was smarter than the head coach, though. Not sure I'd want a guy like that as a coordinator.
I could see that with him.

Would he really be ok just being a DC from here on out?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I could see that with him.

Would he really be ok just being a DC from here on out?
I was watching Get Up at one point during the season and they mentioned that Rex interviewed for the Broncos defensive coordinator position under Sean Payton.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Not worried about Quinn until I see his defense stop the 49ers from running. If we have to switch up then promote from within. I need to see us stop the run in the playoffs with safeties before I believe in the scheme.

Top Bottom