Tyler Lacy, DT, Oklahoma State
Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas
Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State

Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami (FL)
Marte Mapu, S/LB, Sacramento State
Tanner McAllister, S, Ohio State

I'm not sure we are using our first round pick from this group but it's certainly interesting the positions of the guys who could potentially go in the first round. Obviously I bolded the names of guys I think we would need to take at 26 if we really wanted them. I don't expect those guys to be available by our second round pick. It's interesting to me that we are looking at 2 LBers. What's also interesting to me is that we are only looking at one of the TEs. There are really only 2 LBers that you could sort of say may go in the first round and we are looking at both of them. On the other hand there are 4 TE's you'll see talked about as potential first round guys and we are only looking at 1 of them.

We are looking hard at WR's with borderline first round grades but I'm not sure how much I'd read into that. I just don't get the feeling we go WR in the first. Mingo is a guy who is picking up steam though and I wouldn't be shocked to see a guy like him taken in the second round. He is starting to get some of an AJ Brown comp from people. Similar size although he is a little taller than AJ Brown. Quick feet, really good speed. He wasn't nearly as productive in college as AJ Brown was but he did post 861 receiving yards last year.

One last guy I think is interesting is Zach Evans. I really like the player. I like Miller too. But Evans supposedly has some character questions which is why I think they brought him in. Those are a couple solid names though to look at for RBs in the early day 3 portion of the draft.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Surprised how few DTs are on those lists.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah Tyler Lacy isn't even necessarily a DT. More of a jumbo DE that I'm assuming they would play sort of like they do Golston.

I am very disappointed by this fact. I've said it before but I wish Quinn would give as much attention to DT as he does DE. The guy loves scouting and working out the DE pass rushers. But then DT just is sort of an afterthought to him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah Tyler Lacy isn't even necessarily a DT. More of a jumbo DE that I'm assuming they would play sort of like they do Golston.

I am very disappointed by this fact. I've said it before but I wish Quinn would give as much attention to DT as he does DE. The guy loves scouting and working out the DE pass rushers. But then DT just is sort of an afterthought to him.
Funny thing is if the Falcons don’t take Grady Jarrett, Quinn likely would not have had a SB appearance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He could but he has had a great offseason. This may be a just in case visit. He might be drafted much higher than you see in most mocks.
Oh I agree, but if he fell to 26 I think the Cowboys would seriously think about drafting him to play guard. I think he is gone.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's a tad discouraging, honestly. Mostly skill players and edge rushers.

OK to draft WR for sure, don't get me wrong, since you typically don't find good ones after the 2nd round, but one would hope they at least acknowledged the defensive interior need.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a tad discouraging, honestly. Mostly skill players and edge rushers.

OK to draft WR for sure, don't get me wrong, since you typically don't find good ones after the 2nd round, but one would hope they at least acknowledged the defensive interior need.
I mean there are 4 OGs. Clearly we see the need there too.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Is there player you hope is off the board so that we're not tempted to draft him? I'm thinking Mr. Robinson ...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is there player you hope is off the board so that we're not tempted to draft him? I'm thinking Mr. Robinson ...
If he makes it to 26, anyone with half a brain should take that gift and be happy.

The guy I am frightened about making it to our pick is Kincaid.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Joey Porter Jr. and Deonte Banks, not because I don't like them, but I don't want a CB in the first under any circumstances unless there's some backroom deal in place to trade Diggs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Joey Porter Jr. and Deonte Banks, not because I don't like them, but I don't want a CB in the first under any circumstances unless there's some backroom deal in place to trade Diggs.
I would much rather take a stab at a guy like Stevenson later on. We can survive easily at corner this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea if by survive you mean having arguably the best group of CB's in the league.

The idea of taking one in the first is literally insane to me.
Yeah but I do have to admit I like the idea of Porter in this defense. It's absolutely not a need. But he would be fun to watch in this scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom