Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2020

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fulton would be a pretty awesome pick in the 2nd, I want to completely avoid CB all together in the 1st though unless Okudah miraculously drops to 17 like Marshon Lattimore a few years ago.
Little chance of that. He is far more highly regarded. And there is not a safety like Jamal Adams to push him down.

He is hands down the best secondary player in this draft and it is not even close. He is basically in the Jalen Ramsey category.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Can't say I'm happy about them meeting with the CB's who would be the most likely candidates at 17 if we decide to go CB there. I could easily see these guys going CB at 17 (well, we just got to replace Byron goshdarnit), going DL in the 2nd and ignoring S completely yet again.

My only hope if we do go CB in the 1st is that we attempt to trade down because to me there's no real value in taking one at 17 when you can almost certainly get a guy like Diggs or Henderson down in the 25 range.
I don't think you can still get Henderson in a trade down. He might not even be there at 17 at this point. Diggs on the other hand? Yeah.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I think NFL teams meet with most players in some fashion. Now if it's a formal interview that's a little different. You only get like 45 of those.
You're probably right. And if they're free, why not talk to as many prospects as you can right?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm shocked that the team is meeting with so many offensive linemen.
Due diligence. And honestly, most they are meeting with will be UDFAs, so it makes sense to see who you want to go after once the draft is complete. Now if they bring a ton of them in for official visits, then worry.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Man, I would love for us to get Brooks. He is going to beast at the next level, IMO. That fucker flies all over the field and is really good in coverage.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, I would love for us to get Brooks. He is going to beast at the next level, IMO. That fucker flies all over the field and is really good in coverage.
He will go too high for where I'd want a LBer in this draft. But I guess if LVE is toast then fuck it, take yet another LBer in the second round.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He will go too high for where I'd want a LBer in this draft. But I guess if LVE is toast then fuck it, take yet another LBer in the second round.
I don't know what he ran at the Combine, but on the field he is a missile.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what he ran at the Combine, but on the field he is a missile.
Ran a 4.54 which is pretty inpressive at 240 pounds. Not sure how his other numbers rank as all I see he did was the forty.

I really like Willie Gay Jr. His test numbers were off the charts. He was super productive in college. He dealt with a suspension though for cheating on a test though. I think he may have also punched a QB. Which is why he is a possible day 3 pick. Dude can cover though and would fit in nicely as a third LBer and special teamer. Supposedly his interviews went well. I guess as long as he isn't punching women or doing drugs the red flags don't concern me a ton.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Yeah, they can try and play the LVE situation down all they want. But it just doesn't sound good to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, they can try and play the LVE situation down all they want. But it just doesn't sound good to me.
Yeah and I honestly have no idea. It would really suck to sink more premium resources into the position but if LVE is toast then it's a need regardless what I want. If he is going to be ok then you've sunk a shit load of resources into the LBer position between contracts and draft picks.

And like I said, I really like Willie Gay but for all I know other teams will too and he will go much higher than projections I read.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah and I honestly have no idea. It would really suck to sink more premium resources into the position but if LVE is toast then it's a need regardless what I want. If he is going to be ok then you've sunk a shit load of resources into the LBer position between contracts and draft picks.

And like I said, I really like Willie Gay but for all I know other teams will too and he will go much higher than projections I read.
Not only LVE but Jaylon as well. He is going to have to show this past season was not the norm as far as I'm concerned.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Homer.

Top Bottom