Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I just can't justify letting both Williams and Butler walk and having a rookie as our starting WR2. Not when we hang our hat on offense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I just can't justify letting both Williams and Butler walk and having a rookie as our starting WR2. Not when we hang our hat on offense.
I think we could get by, Williams was a pretty steady contributor right off the bat as a rookie. Now some of that may have been Romo and perhaps just a second year Prescott couldn't assimilate a rookie into the passing game so quickly, but I don't think it's a huge concern honestly when our 2nd WR is our 4th option in the passing game.

If it was up to me I'd re-sign Williams for about 4.5-5 a year ideally and not worry about it, but I think if we had to we could make do with a guy like Josh Reynolds or Isaiah Ford.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think we could get by, Williams was a pretty steady contributor right off the bat as a rookie. Now some of that may have been Romo and perhaps just a second year Prescott couldn't assimilate a rookie into the passing game so quickly, but I don't think it's a huge concern honestly when our 2nd WR is our 4th option in the passing game.

If it was up to me I'd re-sign Williams for about 4.5-5 a year ideally and not worry about it, but I think if we had to we could make do with a guy like Josh Reynolds or Isaiah Ford.
It's a risk though. Look at for instance Treadwell in Minnesota. I'd rather have at least one of them back as insurance. Even if it's Butler. I can't imagine him getting a big deal or anything.

I'd prefer bringing both back though. The offense worked great as is, and it would free up our draft to concentrate on defense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's a risk though. Look at for instance Treadwell in Minnesota. I'd rather have at least one of them back as insurance. Even if it's Butler. I can't imagine him getting a big deal or anything.

I'd prefer bringing both back though. The offense worked great as is, and it would free up our draft to concentrate on defense.
Yea, we have to at least bring back Butler. Like I said, I'd definitely re-sign Williams but I think with a shrewd move or two in the draft or free agency he could easily be replaced.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Just go with a ready to play now, lower upside guy like Cooper Kupp in the draft.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Personally I'd be on board with Ross in the 6th if he was there, or a comp pick.

Anyone know anything about Amara Darboh?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally I'd be on board with Ross in the 6th if he was there, or a comp pick.

Anyone know anything about Amara Darboh?
Highly recruited reciever out of Iowa. Solid size and a great athlete. Was very good at Michigan but never really became the big time star many expected.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Highly recruited reciever out of Iowa. Solid size and a great athlete. Was very good at Michigan but never really became the big time star many expected.
He has been having a decent week in Mobile. He is not a superstar but he is no schlub either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
https://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017meetings5.php

Dallas Cowboys - Iowa defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson, Illinois outside linebacker Carroll Phillips, Wisconsin running back Corey Clement, and Michigan cornerback Jourdan Lewis. The Cowboys are meeting with UCLA defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes on Thursday night.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
He has been having a decent week in Mobile. He is not a superstar but he is no schlub either.
He's a solid complimentary WR. He's not a guy who can be counted on to become a #1 WR, though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
https://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017meetings5.php

Dallas Cowboys - Iowa defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson, Illinois outside linebacker Carroll Phillips, Wisconsin running back Corey Clement, and Michigan cornerback Jourdan Lewis. The Cowboys are meeting with UCLA defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes on Thursday night.
Love seeing me some Jaleel Johnson. Could look really good in Dallas next to Collins. Both size and pass rush ability.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am on the fence about Evans, very active guy who will hit but he does not make a lot of coverage plays.

Also, he is not very big and I don't know if he can hold up with his playing style.

I would take him as an upgrade over Willcox as a package guy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am on the fence about Evans, very active guy who will hit but he does not make a lot of coverage plays.

Also, he is not very big and I don't know if he can hold up with his playing style.

I would take him as an upgrade over Willcox as a package guy.
So like, not before the 5th/6th round?

Top Bottom