Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is very interesting, although could that picture be from Dallas Day?

He grew up near Dallas I believe, guess it doesn't really matter either way though.
According to some reports he is getting first round buzz.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From Tony Pauline:

I continue to hear that Texas A&M safety Justin Evans is rising up draft boards and has a chance to slide into the very late part of Round 1.

Exiting the Senior Bowl I made mention that Evans could be the pick of the Dallas Cowboys late in Round 1, and that conversation has been resurrected. The team lost two safeties in free agency -- starter Barry Church and occasional starter J.J. Wilcox -- and needs help at the position.

The other franchise I'm told is considering Evans late in the first frame is the Atlanta Falcons.
I really really really hope he is just misreading general interest for #28 interest.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
From Tony Pauline:

I really really really hope he is just misreading general interest for #28 interest.
Please no. Not at 28.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't even want Evans at 60, so I'd be absolutely livid if he was the pick at 28.

Just go watch some of his full games on YouTube, the guy literally cannot tackle in the run game, he misses tackles and is constantly left flat-footed in the hole. He also just goes for highlight knockout hits in the passing game and isn't technically sound.

I would love for someone to tell me what he does better than Tedric Thompson aside from running in a straight line and jumping higher.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
April 17, 2017 6:10 PM
Michigan State’s Malik McDowell latest DL prospect to visit Cowboys

By Charean Williams

cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

Michigan State defensive lineman Malik McDowell is visiting The Star this week, according to sources.

McDowell, projected as a first-round choice, likely plays strongside defensive end after playing both inside and outside in college. He made 7.5 sacks and 24.5 tackles for loss in his three seasons.

McDowell is one of several defensive linemen among the Cowboys’ 30 national visitors. Tennessee’s Derek Barnett, Michigan’s Taco Charlton, Missouri’s Charles Harris, Wisconsin’s T.J. Watt and UCLA’s Takkarist McKinley also visited.

The Cowboys also invited most of the top cornerback prospects, including USC’s Adoree Jackson, UCLA’s Fabian Moreau, Florida’s Quincy Wilson and Teez Tabor, Washington’s Kevin King, LSU’s Tre’Davious White, Ohio State’s Gareon Conley and Colorado’s Chidobe Awuzie.

Connecticut’s Obi Melifonwu was among the safeties to visit.

The Cowboys expect to use most of their seven draft choices on defensive help, which is why only two offensive players were among their 30 national visitors.

Only twice in the past 12 years has the Cowboys’ top choice not taken a pre-draft visit with DeMarcus Ware, a first-round choice in 2005, and Morris Claiborne, a first-rounder in 2012, not taking a trip to Dallas.

The Cowboys ranked 14th in total defense, including 26th against the pass last season, and made only 36 sacks and nine interceptions. They lost seven defensive players in free agency, including two cornerbacks and two safeties.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
April 17, 2017 6:10 PM
Michigan State’s Malik McDowell latest DL prospect to visit Cowboys

By Charean Williams

cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

Michigan State defensive lineman Malik McDowell is visiting The Star this week, according to sources.

McDowell, projected as a first-round choice, likely plays strongside defensive end after playing both inside and outside in college. He made 7.5 sacks and 24.5 tackles for loss in his three seasons.

McDowell is one of several defensive linemen among the Cowboys’ 30 national visitors. Tennessee’s Derek Barnett, Michigan’s Taco Charlton, Missouri’s Charles Harris, Wisconsin’s T.J. Watt and UCLA’s Takkarist McKinley also visited.

The Cowboys also invited most of the top cornerback prospects, including USC’s Adoree Jackson, UCLA’s Fabian Moreau, Florida’s Quincy Wilson and Teez Tabor, Washington’s Kevin King, LSU’s Tre’Davious White, Ohio State’s Gareon Conley and Colorado’s Chidobe Awuzie.

Connecticut’s Obi Melifonwu was among the safeties to visit.

The Cowboys expect to use most of their seven draft choices on defensive help, which is why only two offensive players were among their 30 national visitors.

Only twice in the past 12 years has the Cowboys’ top choice not taken a pre-draft visit with DeMarcus Ware, a first-round choice in 2005, and Morris Claiborne, a first-rounder in 2012, not taking a trip to Dallas.

The Cowboys ranked 14th in total defense, including 26th against the pass last season, and made only 36 sacks and nine interceptions. They lost seven defensive players in free agency, including two cornerbacks and two safeties.
Curious to see how crazy he is. I like his talent as a possible DT next to Collins in the middle. Collins can play the 1 or 3 spot and I think McDowell could be a stud at the 3 spot. And then move out to LE in some formations with Collins at the 3 technique.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Curious to see how crazy he is. I like his talent as a possible DT next to Collins in the middle. Collins can play the 1 or 3 spot and I think McDowell could be a stud at the 3 spot. And then move out to LE in some formations with Collins at the 3 technique.
Crazy is not really the way I would label him. He just has that silly ass demeanor and has a lot of excuses. Reminds me of Martellus Bennett.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crazy is not really the way I would label him. He just has that silly ass demeanor and has a lot of excuses. Reminds me of Martellus Bennett.
Definitely don't want him in the first. But I don't think any nFL team is doing that. I just wonder how far he may fall. I probably don't even want him in the second. But if he found a way to fall to the third? I'd probably be all over that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't be surprised if McDowell went in the 1st, I doubt he makes it to 60 at the least.

Would obviously hate the pick at 28 but at 60 I'd be ok with it, although I'd rather just let someone else take on that headache.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if McDowell went in the 1st, I doubt he makes it to 60 at the least.

Would obviously hate the pick at 28 but at 60 I'd be ok with it, although I'd rather just let someone else take on that headache.
I don't think he goes in the first. We have seen guys who actually were supposed to go in the first drop until the third before so it wouldn't totally shock me if he fell that far. I think he goes in the second but I also didn't think Sheldon Day would go in the fourth round last year. Or that Andrew Billings would go in the fourth round. Heck I didn't even think A'Shawn Robinson would last until the 15th pick of the second round.

Cotton

Staff member
Derek Rivers and Marlon Humphrey added to the visit list.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not legit interest. Just a guy he wants.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Is there a comprehensive list of guys the Cowboys had in for visits in any of these draft-related threads?

Top Bottom