Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah something I really like about him. He just has that long lanky build that makes him look like a legit pass rusher. It helps he also has the athletic ability and production to back that up.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have more than 4 scouts. Besides, the pro days are spread out so teams can send scouts to all of them if they choose.
If you consider 4 scouts at that Pro day a good use of your resources...
Good for you!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If you consider 4 scouts at that Pro day a good use of your resources...
Good for you!
If they were missing out on scouting other players, I could see your point. But they're not. So I don't.

So explain to me how that is using your resources. Making a statement like that implies that those scouting trips will be unable to be used again. As in, using your resources.

This should be interesting...

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Are you certain they had a presence at every other Pro day?
I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think we should draft Myles Garrett because his name is like Jason Garrett. When people call out 'Hey, Garrett' at practice they will both look up. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you certain they had a presence at every other Pro day?
I'm pretty sure that is not the case.
I'm pretty sure we send at least one scout to almost every pro day. If we miss one it's probably like "Southern Nazarene's" pro day, in which case there probably is no one worth scouting.

In case you were curious these were the prodays on the same one as Baylors

Baylor
Gardner-Webb
LSU
Southern University

So by sending 4 scouts to Baylor do you think we didn't have enough to send one guy to Gardner-Webb or Southern University? Lord knows our big time guys went to the LSU workout. And if so, who on Gardner-Webb or Southern University outranks the draftable prospects from Baylor?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ishmael Zamora...?

:tippytoe
WR Ishmael Zamora (6-3 1/2, 224) ran the 40 in 4.53 and 4.53 seconds, had a 40-inch vertical, an 11-1 broad jump, a 4.34-second short shuttle, a 7.10-second three-cone, and added 13 strength lifts.

In case you were curious

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
WR Ishmael Zamora (6-3 1/2, 224) ran the 40 in 4.53 and 4.53 seconds, had a 40-inch vertical, an 11-1 broad jump, a 4.34-second short shuttle, a 7.10-second three-cone, and added 13 strength lifts.

In case you were curious
booze says he won't be drafted. I think he will. Size and potential erases a lot of sins.

If he's still there with our 6th, I wouldn't mind using it on him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think we should draft Myles Garrett because his name is like Jason Garrett. When people call out 'Hey, Garrett' at practice they will both look up. :lol
Just think if we had him and our defense dominates in a super bowl win. The headlines could read 'Jones and Garrett lead Cowboys to championship."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
booze says he won't be drafted. I think he will. Size and potential erases a lot of sins.

If he's still there with our 6th, I wouldn't mind using it on him.
I don't condone beating a dog, but I'm not sure it would impact my opinion on the guy that much.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't condone beating a dog, but I'm not sure it would impact my opinion on the guy that much.
Nor do I. But honestly, there are guys that have done worse that are drafted each year. Hell, Joe Mixon will probably be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seth Russell, Jerod Evans, Matt Davis among Dallas Day workouts
12:15 PM ET

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Russell, a native of Garland, Texas, was able to put up terrific numbers in his two years as Baylor’s starter, but injuries to his neck and ankle ended his seasons early. He had ankle surgery last November and was only recently cleared for full action. He had 60 touchdown passes and 18 interceptions.

Evans surprised many by declaring for the NFL draft after one season with the Hokies. He helped Virginia Tech to the ACC championship game and had 29 touchdown passes and eight interceptions. He also ran for 12 scores. At 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds, he is looked at as a middle- to late-round projection, but has skills that could put him on a roster.
Davis had hoped to gain a sixth-year of eligibility from the NCAA after playing in just one game last season at SMU before injuring his knee. In 2015, he had 17 touchdown passes and ran for 10 scores. He originally signed with Texas A&M out of high school.

The Cowboys also have West Virginia’s Skyler Howard (Fort Worth), UT-San Antonio’s Jared Johnson (South Grand Prairie) and Tulsa’s Dane Evans (Mansfield) in for the workout. Howard had 52 touchdown passes and 24 interceptions in his final two seasons. Johnson was a graduate transfer to UTSA after a strong career at Sam Houston State, where he had 5,352 passing yards, 1,601 rushing yards and 50 total touchdowns while compiling a 21-9 record. Evans took over at quarterback as a freshman and ended his Tulsa career with 84 touchdown passes. He had 32 touchdowns and 12 interceptions last season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seth Russell, Jerod Evans, Matt Davis among Dallas Day workouts
12:15 PM ET

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Russell, a native of Garland, Texas, was able to put up terrific numbers in his two years as Baylor’s starter, but injuries to his neck and ankle ended his seasons early. He had ankle surgery last November and was only recently cleared for full action. He had 60 touchdown passes and 18 interceptions.

Evans surprised many by declaring for the NFL draft after one season with the Hokies. He helped Virginia Tech to the ACC championship game and had 29 touchdown passes and eight interceptions. He also ran for 12 scores. At 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds, he is looked at as a middle- to late-round projection, but has skills that could put him on a roster.
Davis had hoped to gain a sixth-year of eligibility from the NCAA after playing in just one game last season at SMU before injuring his knee. In 2015, he had 17 touchdown passes and ran for 10 scores. He originally signed with Texas A&M out of high school.

The Cowboys also have West Virginia’s Skyler Howard (Fort Worth), UT-San Antonio’s Jared Johnson (South Grand Prairie) and Tulsa’s Dane Evans (Mansfield) in for the workout. Howard had 52 touchdown passes and 24 interceptions in his final two seasons. Johnson was a graduate transfer to UTSA after a strong career at Sam Houston State, where he had 5,352 passing yards, 1,601 rushing yards and 50 total touchdowns while compiling a 21-9 record. Evans took over at quarterback as a freshman and ended his Tulsa career with 84 touchdown passes. He had 32 touchdowns and 12 interceptions last season.
I'm ok stashing one of these scrubs on the practice squad for a year and seeing what happens. It's never a bad idea to have a young guy developing and learning your system.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Russell showed some promise with Baylor before he was injured.

D

Deuce

Evans sucks unless they plan to change his position. I followed him quite a bit last year as he almost signed with UCF and I want to see what we missed out on. Turns out, not much.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Dude has issues. I'm sure this video blows up the twitterverse if Dallas drafts him. The dog's whining makes it twenty times worse, not to mention the kick at the end.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Dude has issues. I'm sure this video blows up the twitterverse if Dallas drafts him. The dog's whining makes it twenty times worse, not to mention the kick at the end.
Yeah no, I've seen it before. It's not good to see. But then again if you saw a grown man take a belt to a child to spank them, it probably wouldn't be good to see either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is intriguing. He is not on the list provided by Breer and we are only aware of 25/30 official visits.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That is very interesting, although could that picture be from Dallas Day?

He grew up near Dallas I believe, guess it doesn't really matter either way though.

Top Bottom