Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2014

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really into Ryan Shazier.
Me neither but the team probably views him as the next Derek Brooks. We also love taking LBers in the second round, so I would expect him to be our second round pick if he is still there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Verrett in the second?

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
Not really into Ryan Shazier.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys hosting draft prospects

April, 15, 2014
By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

The Cowboys have brought in several college prospects to visit Valley Ranch over the past two days.

They can bring in up to 30 players for national visits.

Among the confirmed players who have made the trip to Valley Ranch: Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald, UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr, Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier, Florida State cornerback Lamarcus Joyner, Boise State Demarcus Lawrence, Northern Illinois safety Jimmie Ward, Missouri defensive end Kony Ealy, Florida State defensive end Timmy Jernigan and North Dakota State tackle Billy Turner.

The Cowboys are planning more visits on Wednesday.

Donald has been projected to the Cowboys in several mock drafts, and in an interview with the Cowboys' website he said he would like to play for defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli.

"I had the opportunity to talk to him a couple times at the combine, I talked to him [Sunday] and I talked to him [Monday]," Donald told the website. "He's a great coach, and just talking to him and looking in his eyes -- the way he talks, he's got a passion for the game of football and he loves the game of football."
---------------

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shazier in the 2nd is more acceptable than Shazier in the first.
I think an awful lot of people would be pretty livid with Shazier in the first. Nice player but I don't see him as some big time impact player. He is just your standard undersized LBer who is fast and athletic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Joyner in the second would be sick.

I'd also be happy with Huff in the 4th or 5th.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Joyner in the second would be sick.

I'd also be happy with Huff in the 4th or 5th.
Joyner might even make it until the 3rd given everyone's obsession with getting tall DBs, WGAS if they can play or not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Joyner might even make it until the 3rd given everyone's obsession with getting tall DBs, WGAS if they can play or not.
That'd be truly amazing.

As for Shazier, if we can trade down to the back, back end of the 1st, like 28-32, I wouldn't hate it depending on what else is available.

But at 16, or over a guy like Jernigan?

Horrendous.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That'd be truly amazing.

As for Shazier, if we can trade down to the back, back end of the 1st, like 28-32, I wouldn't hate it depending on what else is available.

But at 16, or over a guy like Jernigan?

Horrendous.
Not a fan of either guy at #16. I would be stoked with a trade down into the 20s, snag Jernigan and then draft Joyner/Telvin Smith later. Make it an all Seminole draft and watch Bob Roberts jerk it clean off.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not a fan of either guy at #16. I would be stoked with a trade down into the 20s, snag Jernigan and then draft Joyner/Telvin Smith later. Make it an all Seminole draft and watch Bob Roberts jerk it clean off.
It does seem as if Barr and Donald are gone that the value for the guys left would be in the early to mid 20's.

Zack Martin might be the safest bet if we were to stay put at 16.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It does seem as if Barr and Donald are gone that the value for the guys left would be in the early to mid 20's.

Zack Martin might be the safest bet if we were to stay put at 16.
I find it unlikely that Zack Martin/Kony Ealy/Calvin Pryor would be the best player left at 16.

That's just about a worst case scenario.

If a QB like Carr, a DB or two, and Ebron go ahead of 16 (all likely IMO), then we will be looking at a pretty elite player getting to 16.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I find it unlikely that Zack Martin/Kony Ealy/Calvin Pryor would be the best player left at 16.

That's just about a worst case scenario.
If that happens there should be a QB on the board that a team like Cleveland should want to trade up for.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If that happens there should be a QB on the board that a team like Cleveland should want to trade up for.
There could be a buttload of trades into the bottom of the first as teams try to take advantage of the fact you get fifth year options on first rounders.

Cotton

Staff member
I was told by a guy on Twitter yesterday that he would rather have Jernigan over Donald at 16. I was like GTFO of my face with that crap.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was told by a guy on Twitter yesterday that he would rather have Jernigan over Donald at 16. I was like GTFO of my face with that crap.
It is a simple matter of taste. I don't think Jernigan is dog shit. Just not a fan, especially since he turded out in the biggest game of his life. But no, he is not at the top of my no wikey list like say Kony Ealy is. I could live with it, but I would rather get him later as I do not think the value is there.

Donald is a scheme fit and plays hard. It is difficult to find a better scheme match if that is how you are thinking.

Cotton

Staff member
It is a simple matter of taste. I don't think Jernigan is dog shit. Just not a fan, especially since he turded out in the biggest game of his life. But no, he is not at the top of my no wikey list like say Kony Ealy is. I could live with it, but I would rather get him later as I do not think the value is there.

Donald is a scheme fit and plays hard. It is difficult to find a better scheme match if that is how you are thinking.
If Donald and Jernigan are sitting there at 16 and we take Jernigan, I would be pissed.

Top Bottom