Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2014

D

Deuce

I wonder if he's one of our targets if we trade down in the first. With such a small group of legit pass rushing DTs, you gotta reach a tad to secure one like we did with Frederick. That's fine with me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder if he's one of our targets if we trade down in the first. With such a small group of legit pass rushing DTs, you gotta reach a tad to secure one like we did with Frederick. That's fine with me.
The only issue is the knee. I have a feeling they'd rather go with a guy that can play right now. Now if he's there is the second round? That fits their style.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he wasn't so injury prone I may be ok with that. Adding another guy who misses games every season with our top pick makes no sense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If he wasn't so injury prone I may be ok with that. Adding another guy who misses games every season with our top pick makes no sense.
It is just a bit odd with Easley's issues. Both were non-contact injuries. Makes you pretty leery.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd get behind it. I've wanted to steal him later but I couldn't argue he'd be a bad pick.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So I guess you have no problem with our team continually drafting really injury prone players?
I do not have a problem with drafting players who sustained major injuries that they are likely to recover from.

Sean Lee has been rather injury prone. Demarco Murray is kinda injury prone. Bruce Carter suffered a knee injury but was not "injury prone" however, and he's been healthy since then.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do not have a problem with drafting players who sustained major injuries that they are likely to recover from.
One major injury sure. But two? That were basically caused by nothing but his body giving out?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Utah CB Keith McGill had over 10 visits, private workouts

Cornerback visited or worked out for several teams, including Cowboys, Buccaneers, Jets and Raiders

Aaron Wilson
May 06, 2014, 08:38 AM EST

Utah cornerback Keith McGill is an imposing defensive back in the mold of the Seattle Seahawks' defensive backs.

He had over 10 private workouts and visits, including the Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Jets, Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders, according to a league source.

The 6-foot-3, 211-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in the high 4.4 to low 4.5 range and registered a 39-inch vertical leap and a 10-9 broad jump. McGill has 33 1/4 inch arms and 10 1/4 hands.

McGill ranked first in the pass-oriented Pac-12 Conference with with 13 passes defended and second with12 passes batted down.

As the primary cover corner for the Utes, McGill was targeted for 71 passes and allowed just a dozen receptions last season for zero touchdowns. The 16-percent completion percentage against McGill was accomplished while covering standout wide receivers like Brandin Cooks (Oregon State), Marqise Lee (USC) and Paul Richardson (Colorado.). He returned his lone interception for a touchdown.

It was only his first season as a cornerback as a converted safety, suggesting that he has his best football ahead of him as he continues to adjust to the position.

McGill was an honorable-mention All-Pac-12 selection after being a junior college All-American at Cerritos Junior College where he intercepted seven passes as a sophomore and blocked two kicks.

He drew scholarship offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Kansas State, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon State, San Diego State and San Jose State.

McGill is regarded as a strong tackler adept in press coverage. He had shoulder surgery that sidelined him in 2012, but he had 28 tackles, 12 pass deflections and an interception last season.

Including Utah and Cerritos, McGill had 40 games played with 35 starts, 22 at free safety and 12 at left cornerback. He finished with 109 total tackles with a dozen interceptions, two forced fumbles and two blocked kicks.

He was a three-sport standout at La Mirada High School in California, excelling in football, track and basketball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Interest in Elhadji Ndiaye is red hot

While everyone seems to know about Larry Webster or Zach Moore, Nebraska-Kearney DE Elhadji Ndiaye has remained under-the-radar. Despite posting 6 sacks and 9.5 sacks in a breakout senior year (and just his second in the sport of football), Ndiaye still hasn’t become a “buzz” name in draft circles.

According to a source, however, Ndiaye is generating a ton of interest late in the process. 16 teams have called to confirm interest just within the last 4 days. Among them, the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, New York Jets, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions and the Houston Texans. Ndiaye is a very likely target of several teams on day 3 of the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom