Price Tags For Cowboys Free Agents

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd agree. I think Leary is the better guard. If we could keep anyone in FA, he'd be my choice.
You people have some really messed up memory.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

2233boys

Not So New Member
Curious, The guy has played 15 games, and you all can definitively say he is better than Leary who has played 48.

When the two best years we had running the ball (recently) was with Leary in the line up. A lot of that can be attributed to QB play and the rbs (Collins Rookie year)

Collins originally started because of Injury to Leary played well. Leary was put back in and then Collins was put back in the lineup sometime after the bye. If I remember correctly

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Curious, The guy has played 15 games, and you all can definitively say he is better than Leary who has played 48.
Yeah.

Because if we're unable to see it with them, then how can people say that Prescott is better than Romo? Romo has played in 156 games, and Prescott has only played in 16. Or does that argument not work for QBs?

When the two best years we had running the ball (recently) was with Leary in the line up. A lot of that can be attributed to QB play and the rbs (Collins Rookie year)
Your last sentence debunks your first sentence.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Yeah.

Because if we're unable to see it with them, then how can people say that Prescott is better than Romo? Romo has played in 156 games, and Prescott has only played in 16. Or does that argument not work for QBs?

Your last sentence debunks your first sentence.
Oline is a little more nuanced than QB, but I forgot, we have a ton of oline experts here.

I still need to see more from Dak, hope he continues to progress and I think he will, but is was one season. I felt the same way about Romo after his first season as starter. I am jaded now, need to see more to be all in. Unless it is a rb. I've got a blind spot for rb's

It didn't really just added all the information.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fixed it for you.
Nothing against Leary, I really like him. But Collins is at minimum in the same ballpark with a higher ceiling.

Basically lets not pretend like the loss of Leary is much more than a massive blow to our depth.

dallen

Senior Tech
Leary and Collins are both very good. I hope we can find room to keep both, but Collins is the one we have to have.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Leary and Collins are both very good. I hope we can find room to keep both, but Collins is the one we have to have.
Well, he's cheaper, so that decision is already made by default.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So, now Collins isn't as good as Leary? Or, maybe I'm reading that wrong. Surely, I'm just reading that wrong.
Not as a guard, or haven't you been watching them actually play? Leary beat him in every way but pedigree.

Collins' future is at RT IMO.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not as a guard, or haven't you been watching them actually play? Leary beat him in every way but pedigree.

You mean the same guy that beat him out when he was healthy and only lost his job because of injury?

Cotton

Staff member

I can't even reasonably respond to this without calling you names.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You mean the same guy that beat him out when he was healthy and only lost his job because of injury?
Your memory's off. Leary beat Collins out in 2015 TC just like I predicted he would and started the season until a groin injury cost him his job and even then only after several games.

Basically Leary got Romo'd. Collins never outplayed him but took over while Leary recovered. Younger (slightly), more highly pedigreed, and with no looming knee condition he better represented the future to Dallas so they stuck with him.

Leary wasn't given reps to compete after that.

I loved watching Collins reach the second level, but he wasn't as good or nearly as consistent at blocking the first level as Leary. Especially in week 1 when he and Free shat the bed.

What has been idiotic is their refusal to develop Collins as a RT. He's just a better fit there. At 6'3" and compact, Leary's a born guard. Collins is 6'5", athletic with long arms. He needs to be out on the edge.

PFF grades from 2015:
A7ADF0EC-095B-45F3-B0F5-EDE6F9EF2BF5-4426-0000157841263D07_tmp.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom