President Trump Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
These last posts couldn't be more timely... I just had to call the IRS (nothing serious I hope) and my God... How could anyone who ever had to deal with any government agency ever want the government to be bigger and more powerful than they already are so they can create an even bigger clusterfuck?
I am a bankruptcy attorney so I occasionally have the displeasure of dealing with IRS agents. Not counsel/attorneys, but agents, on the phone.

Man they are not as smart as you might think.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
So I've noticed a lot of outrage recently aboit the amount of taxes Trump has paid. Personally I don't give a shit. He should take advantage of the system that is put in place. I don't get upset at my neighbor for taking advantage of a tax break.

All it highlights is how fucked up our tax system works and how broken it is. The whole thing needs thrown out and redone. But instead everyone wants to play a smoke and mirrors game where we pretend to raise taxes on rich or lower taxes for everyone and leave all the bullshit in place that allows rich to pay little to no taxes while average Joe blows are paying 5 digit tax bills every year.

The tax code is a joke. It's not Trumps fault but I'd love to see a proposal that throws the whole fucking turd out and starts with a simple plan.
imho, the real story here is not the fact Trump paid very little in tax, its that he's not the billionaire "genius" businessman he purports himself to be but its more provocative to highlight how little taxes were paid because it serves the purpose of the idiots who like to demonize businesses and the so called rich. Its also an easy sell to the masses because most people dont have a clue how taxes work and forget that when law enforcement has had trouble convicting criminals like Al Capone of their obvious crimes, they were able to convict them on tax evasion

Cheating on your taxes is not an easy thing to do, couple that with the fact the tax return is prepared by a CPA who must risk incarceration for fraud or lose his license (which is VERY hard to get - I know because I am a CPA but I've let my license lapse--)

I think the reality is Trump has failed in real estate and possibly a net loser and I believe thats why he doesnt want everyone to see his tax returns, he'd happily brag if he could show massive profits but IIRC, he lost close to a billion dollars in the early 2000's and the IRS lets you carry forward and backward losses (as they should) so I believe the reason he is not showing any paid taxes is because of the loss carry forwards that reduce his taxable income to next nothing.

Think about the statement in all these articles that say Trump got a refund. You can't get a refund unless you've paid the IRS in the first place so this is merely a return of his (or his companies) money.

but of course this is too complex for anyone to understand and isn't as fun of a story as implying Trump cheated on his taxes but if the press was honest, they'd be reporting the fact Trump is a failed businessman or at the very least no where near as successful as he'd like folks to believe

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
These last posts couldn't be more timely... I just had to call the IRS (nothing serious I hope) and my God... How could anyone who ever had to deal with any government agency ever want the government to be bigger and more powerful than they already are so they can create an even bigger clusterfuck?
BINGO!

When has the government EVER made ANYTHING more efficient, higher quality and/or cheaper?

But I'm sure they'll get it right this time with health care

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why everyone can't just be honest about it. Those who don't like her don't like her because she would be a Republican appointment. It goes no further than that. And that's fine. The Republicans would do the same stuff if the roles were reversed. I just don't know why everyone has to pretend like this is something that it's not.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I don't know why everyone can't just be honest about it. Those who don't like her don't like her because she would be a Republican appointment. It goes no further than that. And that's fine. The Republicans would do the same stuff if the roles were reversed. I just don't know why everyone has to pretend like this is something that it's not.
They can't admit that they're being petty, and they can't deny her qualifications, so they rely on the irrelevant "this is an election year" crap.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Why can't she be one of those fake Catholics like Biden and Pelosi.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Everything that’s coming out. If that’s the case, and the department of justice has had all of this information, why aren’t we seeing movement on grand juries?
Damn good point.

Top Bottom