President Trump Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This could also bolster the conservative base by seeing how the DNC and media(but I repeat myself) are about to assassinate the character of whoever the nominee is just like they did Kavanaugh

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
fuck this "it's gotta be a woman" nonsense. there are two other women on the court. pick the best person regardless of race or gender.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Some Pub senators reportedly don't want to vote before the elections. I'm thinking of the conservative voters who will be furious if they waste this valuable opportunity.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Some Pub senators reportedly don't want to vote before the elections. I'm thinking of the conservative voters who will be furious if they waste this valuable opportunity.
I'm sure Romney's bitch ass won't, hopefully Mitch can get the rest in line

Smitty

DCC 4Life
fuck this "it's gotta be a woman" nonsense. there are two other women on the court. pick the best person regardless of race or gender.
Yes, that’s the honest, intelligent thing to do.

But if you want to not commit political suicidal, this nominee has to be a woman.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You need to nominate a woman. A black woman if you can find a strong enough conservative one.
Maybe Kimberly Klacik could be an option.

Cotton

Staff member
100%

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Honestly, as much as I'd like to see another conservative there, I'd rather wait. I think it's the right thing to do, it sets the right precedent, and you avoid a rush job which inherently elevates the possibility of a huge mistake.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Mitch just stated "Trumps nominee will get to a vote"

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Honestly, as much as I'd like to see another conservative there, I'd rather wait. I think it's the right thing to do, it sets the right precedent, and you avoid a rush job which inherently elevates the possibility of a huge mistake.
This would be the correct path if the Dems fought fair too. The problem is they don't. So we give an inch here, an inch there, and that's why we are where we are

Genghis Khan

If you wait, you may still have a republican president and senate majority, in which case you'll get to have your cake and eat it too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Does anyone else feel like this is going to precipitate much more violence from the left? I'm afraid Minneapolis at its worst might be widespread.
A few years ago before the left lost its mind, I'd agree. But now... There's a good chance Trump loses and if you miss this opportunity you might not get it back.

Genghis Khan

This would be the correct path if the Dems fought fair too. The problem is they don't. So we give an inch here, an inch there, and that's why we are where we are

I don't disagree in all practicality, but I think there's more to be gained in waiting.

Genghis Khan

Does anyone else feel like this is going to precipitate much more violence from the left? I'm afraid Minneapolis at its worst might be widespread.
A few years ago before the left lost its mind, I'd agree. But now... There's a good chance Trump loses and if you miss this opportunity you might not get it back.

I'm not convinced an Untouchables brand of justice is the path we want to be on.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If you wait, you may still have a republican president and senate majority, in which case you'll get to have your cake and eat it too.
I remember how much the media hit job vs Kavanaugh pissed off the independents I know, even if Trumps nominee is denied the hit job by the media that we all know is about to come could backfire on them this close to the election

Cotton

Staff member
I remember how much the media hit job vs Kavanaugh pissed off the independents I know, even if Trumps nominee is denied the hit job by the media that we all know is about to come could backfire on them this close to the election
Whether we actually get someone in place, we have to get one nominated and to a vote/discussion trial. Have to. Make them smear someone right before the election.

Top Bottom