President Trump Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's polling terribly right now. No president has ever started his first term with a 45% approval rating.
The fact is Obama had at least made the attempt at looking diplomatic. Trump has done nothing but exacerbate post election resentment.

I certainly think part of that is the reason. When Trump is attacked he attacks back. When someone like Obama got attacked, he would try to bring those people to his side.

But I also think society as a whole is just far different now. Black Lives matter didn't exist 8 years ago. The tide in this country was turning before Trump ever became a candidate.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No he is a bad president, in the same way Jared Goff is a bad QB. He could potentially become a better president, but he has failed utterly in his role to this point.
You have just displayed an unitelligent position. An uncouched statement without any established factual basis isn't deemed intelligent. You example of Goff who already has a similence of a record is irrelevant.

townsend

Banned
I certainly think part of that is the reason. When Trump is attacked he attacks back. When someone like Obama got attacked, he would try to bring those people to his side.

But I also think society as a hole is just far different now. Black Lives matter didn't exist 8 years ago. The tide in this country was turning before Trump ever became a candidate.
Yeah, but he was part of that tide. The worst elements of the Republican Party were exemplified by the birther movement. Trump won the nomination on the strength of being a shitty troll that didn't care about facts.

Admittedly that wasn't even good enough to beat Pat Buchanan for a 3rd party nom in 1999, so you're right that the world has changed, but he's the biggest symptom of that change.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, but he was part of that tide. The worst elements of the Republican Party were exemplified by the birther movement. Trump won the nomination on the strength of being a shitty troll that didn't care about facts.

Admittedly that wasn't even good enough to beat Pat Buchanan for a 3rd party nom in 1999, so you're right that the world has changed, but he's the biggest symptom of that change.
You have been wrong about every aspect of the election and Trump but you still make outlandish unsubstantiated comments.

townsend

Banned
You have just displayed an unitelligent position. An uncouched statement without any established factual basis isn't deemed intelligent. You example of Goff who already has a similence of a record is irrelevant.
I have facts, real facts not "alternative" ones. But I know for a fact that you can't engage in an intelligent dialog about Trump. Tucker Carlson shills less for him than you do, so I'm not spending precious minutes of my life justifying why Trump has been a bad president. Because it's readily apparent.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have facts, real facts not "alternative" ones. But I know for a fact that you can't engage in an intelligent dialog about Trump. Tucker Carlson shills less for him than you do, so I'm not spending precious minutes of my life justifying why Trump has been a bad president. Because it's readily apparent.
You have zero facts about Trump as President because facts do not exist yet.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Nothing of this level certainly.

And I get it, Trump isn't the President that most of us wanted. Hell frankly neither is Hillary. It's a process that is horribly flawed. What people really need to do is to rally for changes in how candidates are selected and put on the ballot. Being pissed that Trump is our President is like attacking the symptom instead of the actual cause. The process was an absolute joke this year. The two party system is a joke as well.
Exactly been saying the process is horribly flawed, including 2 party system, ballots, state by state rules are different, etc. If I could prop you more I would

Jiggyfly

Banned
Spicer digs in on Trump's illegal voting claim, as Ryan distances
Published January 24, 2017 FoxNews.com

Spicer: Trump believes millions voted illegally in election

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer dug in Tuesday on President Trump’s claim to congressional leaders that he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton last November because between 3 million and 5 million "illegals" cast ballots – even as House Speaker Paul Ryan pushed back.

“I’ve seen no evidence to that effect. I’ve made that very, very clear,” Ryan said earlier Tuesday.

But Spicer, asked repeatedly by reporters about the issue at Tuesday’s briefing, said Trump believes this to be the case.

“It was a comment he made on a longstanding belief,” Spicer said. “… He believes what he believes based on the information he’s been provided.”

Spicer said Trump remains “comfortable” with his Electoral College victory, which handed him the presidency regardless of the popular vote totals.

Pressed on whether the administration would pursue an investigation into illegal immigrants voting given Trump’s beliefs, Spicer said: “Maybe we will.” He later backed off the suggestion, saying only that anything is possible.

Trump made the claim during a meeting with congressional leaders Monday, though he’s made similar assertions before.

In late November, Trump tweeted that he had "won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally."

At the time, multiple law enforcement sources told Fox News that there was no evidence to support Trump's claims.

Trump defeated Clinton in the Electoral College, collecting 304 votes to her 227. However, Clinton won the popular vote by more than 2.8 million ballots.

Spicer said Tuesday that Trump’s claim was based on “studies and evidence.”

Spicer did not provide hard data to back up the claim, citing only a 2008 study that called for updating voter rolls but did not conclude there has been pervasive election fraud.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., on Tuesday blasted Trump over the comments, which he described as falsehoods, and said the administration ought to talk about jobs.

Spicer, though, said their focus right now is getting Americans back to work – something Trump has addressed in a flurry of executive actions including measures Tuesday aimed at reviving stalled pipeline projects.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It was organized to coincide with the women's march that was started in the 70s.Go further down in the link you posted and you will see where Steinem herself commented on it.
And that still does not dispute the facts of what I said.

Steinem and feminism were ancillary to everything else, not a driving force in this march.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-pledges-support-buries-russia-feud-campaign-style-visit-cia-545993

Wow just wow.

But Trump’s seemingly warm reception might have been manufactured, according to The Washington Post’s lead fact-checker, Glenn Kessler. “The pool reports indicate the cheering and clapping was not from the CIA staffers but people who accompanied Trump,” Kessler tweeted.Brennan also deplored the rally-style event, according to his former deputy chief of staff Nick Shapiro. Brennan “is deeply saddened and angered at Donald Trump’s despicable display of self-aggrandizement in front of CIA’s Memorial Wall of Agency heroes,” Shapiro said in a statement provided to Newsweek. “Trump should be ashamed of himself.”
This is how he’s going to chip away at our understanding of what’s right and what’s wrong, what’s real and what’s not. This is even stronger, more powerful gas lighting — making us question our own instincts and even start doing things because we want to fit in with “everyone else” who from what we know, seem to think this is all fine.

Trump wants a cheering section at all his press conferences and if you don’t realize that those are not the reporters clapping, it will seriously **** with you.

The media needs to take a cue from one of Trump’s own complaints during the campaign: show us the crowd. Let us see who is clapping, and who is not. Otherwise we’re all going to start feeling like we’re going crazy, even more so than we already are.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Spicer digs in on Trump's illegal voting claim, as Ryan distances
Published January 24, 2017 FoxNews.com

Spicer: Trump believes millions voted illegally in election

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer dug in Tuesday on President Trump’s claim to congressional leaders that he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton last November because between 3 million and 5 million "illegals" cast ballots – even as House Speaker Paul Ryan pushed back.

“I’ve seen no evidence to that effect. I’ve made that very, very clear,” Ryan said earlier Tuesday.

But Spicer, asked repeatedly by reporters about the issue at Tuesday’s briefing, said Trump believes this to be the case.

“It was a comment he made on a longstanding belief,” Spicer said. “… He believes what he believes based on the information he’s been provided.”

Spicer said Trump remains “comfortable” with his Electoral College victory, which handed him the presidency regardless of the popular vote totals.

Pressed on whether the administration would pursue an investigation into illegal immigrants voting given Trump’s beliefs, Spicer said: “Maybe we will.” He later backed off the suggestion, saying only that anything is possible.

Trump made the claim during a meeting with congressional leaders Monday, though he’s made similar assertions before.

In late November, Trump tweeted that he had "won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally."

At the time, multiple law enforcement sources told Fox News that there was no evidence to support Trump's claims.

Trump defeated Clinton in the Electoral College, collecting 304 votes to her 227. However, Clinton won the popular vote by more than 2.8 million ballots.

Spicer said Tuesday that Trump’s claim was based on “studies and evidence.”

Spicer did not provide hard data to back up the claim, citing only a 2008 study that called for updating voter rolls but did not conclude there has been pervasive election fraud.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., on Tuesday blasted Trump over the comments, which he described as falsehoods, and said the administration ought to talk about jobs.

Spicer, though, said their focus right now is getting Americans back to work – something Trump has addressed in a flurry of executive actions including measures Tuesday aimed at reviving stalled pipeline projects.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Spicer may be a loose cannon.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And that still does not dispute the facts of what I said.

Steinem and feminism were ancillary to everything else, not a driving force in this march.
It's just the reverse. The Women's March has been an annual event for well over 30 Years. The individual in Hawaii organized her activity to merge with it and piggyback.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I didn't minimize or dismiss it. I see it as highly significant.

Pro-choice was part of the official platform of the march. Its organizers repeated that in statements leading up to it. This excludes a little under half of women in America, FWIW.

I have little to say for public demonstration, even when I believe in a cause.
Was not singling you out it is widespread.

I would really like to have a sit down with you one day, you have some interesting stands on things that I would like to get a better understanding about.

Trumps remark about having another chance to "take the oil" must have been especially chilling for you.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Oh I don't think that's true at all. Lets not pretend that the magnitude of what is happening right now isn't far more significant then anything that happened during the Obama administration. Let's not be intentionally obtuse.
What?

I have no idea where you are going with this.

It is entirely subjective if you think anything Obama did was more significant than what is going on right now and their approval ratings bear that out.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's just the reverse. The Women's March has been an annual event for well over 30 Years. The individual in Hawaii organized her activity to merge with it and piggyback.
And that still changes nothing about what I said.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What?

I have no idea where you are going with this.

It is entirely subjective if you think anything Obama did was more significant than what is going on right now and their approval ratings bear that out.
I'm not talking about what Obama did or didn't do. I'm talking about the public's reaction to the opposing parties candidate winning. The negative reactions we saw from Obama getting elected don't come anywhere close to what we are seeing out of the Trump protesters right now (looting, protesting and generally fighting). To act like they are similar public reactions would be false. Aka someone acting intentionally obtuse.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Da fuck?

He is doing exactly what Trump wants, it was Trump who said 3 million illegals voted in the past election.
That's not true. He said 3-4 million people voted illegally. There is a big difference.

Top Bottom