President Trump Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Never said I had a issue just imagining what they look like.

Referring to you.
You specifically said, "Please explain why this is an issue". What are you referring to? A parent that would put a pussy on their kids head?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Trump Says U.S. Should Have Stolen Iraq’s Oil, and ‘Maybe We’ll Have Another Chance’

By Margaret Hartmann

While addressing the CIA on Saturday, President Donald Trump took a break from lambasting the media to remind everyone that he thinks the U.S. should have stolen Iraq’s oil. He also suggested that the U.S. might get another chance to violate international law.

“Now I said it for economic reasons,” Trump said while introducing Representative Mike Pompeo, his pick to lead the agency. “But if you think about it, Mike, if we kept the oil, you probably wouldn’t have ISIS because that’s where they made their money in the first place, so we should have kept the oil. But, okay, maybe we’ll have another chance.”
National Review has noted that Trump’s “odd fixation” with taking Iraq’s oil dates back to at least 2011. He made the argument numerous times on the campaign trail, suggesting that the U.S. could take Iraq’s oil while fighting ISIS. When PolitiFact examined the claim in September, numerous experts said trying to seize Iraqi oil would not be legal, feasible, or desirable. The idea is “so out of step with any plausible interpretation of U.S. history or international law that they should be dismissed out of hand by anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of world affairs,” said Lance Janda, a military historian at Cameron University.

It’s not clear what Trump meant by “maybe we’ll have another chance,” but when you’re president, people take even offhand remarks about violating international law pretty seriously. BuzzFeed spoke with several Iraqis on the front lines of the battle against ISIS, and they said they were prepared to take up arms against Americans if they attempted to take their country’s natural resources.

“I participated in the attack against the Americans by attacking them with mortars and roadside bombs, and I’m ready to do it again,” said Abu Luay, an Iraqi security official using a nom de guerre, who is currently fighting the terrorist group in northwest Iraq. “We kept our ammunition and weapons from the time the Americans left for fighting ISIS. But once ISIS is gone we will save our weapons for the Americans.”

Several other people at a base for Popular Mobilization Units, a new branch of Iraq’s armed forces consisting of former militiamen and volunteers fighting against ISIS, said the move would be counterproductive. Iraq recently took out a $5.3 billion loan from the International Monetary Fund, in part to help pay for the fight against ISIS.

“There’s no way Trump could take the oil unless he launched a new military front and it be a new world war,” said Kareem Kashekh, a photographer who works for the Popular Mobilization Units.

townsend

Banned

Cotton

Staff member
Never said I had a issue just imagining what they look like.

Referring to you.
I was going to let you off without making you comment, but since you decided to bring up personal FB feeds, I can't. WTF were you talking about?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Mod Edit: You can't just go around posting NSFW pictures, jackass.

Last edited by a moderator:

2233boys

Not So New Member
If you lose to the most incompetent general election candidate, doesn't that make you even more incompetent?
Couldn't agree more. That doens't make the man holding the office any more competent thought, but nice deflection.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Not a direct response, but I was just saying that I didn't see much that was good or heartening about it. Just a bunch of pro-abortion folks carrying vulgar signs and wearing cat ears.

I don't think I really have a place politically with the way the sides have been divided up now.
If you think it was all about pro-abortion, I guess I could see your point. You have a place fight for changes you believe in, even if others disagree with your position at least you are putting in an effort and working for change. That is way more than most.

There were Native Americans there marching for Native land rights. There were environmentalists there marching for clean energy. There were senior citizens there to remind the President that he promised not to support cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. There were people marching to show the President he doesn't have a mandate, and that the citizenry is watching and can be mobilized to oppose him if we feel he is being unjust. There were people there who hated the TPP and support their Union.

There were women there who are really pro-life (which most anti abortion people aren't) who don't agree with Abortion (because I know one), but were marching because they were appalled to see the President of the United States during the Campaign, make comments like Blood coming out of her whatever, Look at her Face, etc. Because they don't want their sons and nephews think that is an acceptable way for the President to talk to women, much less anyone.

There is a myriad of reasons people went to the march, boiling it down to just the issue of abortion, makes those who are anti abortion feel justified in dismissing it all.

So basically it makes the right feel like they can just dismiss the concerns of the public without a second thought.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couldn't agree more. That doens't make the man holding the office any more competent thought, but nice deflection.
Just pointing out that technically he is the second most incompetent. And I agree with that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was going to let you off without making you comment, but since you decided to bring up personal FB feeds, I can't. WTF were you talking about?
I was talking about the type of stuff you love to repost on here, I bet the rest of the stuff is as equally nonsensical.

That's WTF I am talking about.

Cotton

Staff member
I was talking about the type of stuff you love to repost on here, I bet the rest of the stuff is as equally nonsensical.

That's WTF I am talking about.
What did I post that was nonsensical? And, you don't shit about me. I don't hardly post anything on FB. And, I never post anything political. Ever.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If you think it was all about pro-abortion, I guess I could see your point. You have a place fight for changes you believe in, even if others disagree with your position at least you are putting in an effort and working for change. That is way more than most.

There were Native Americans there marching for Native land rights. There were environmentalists there marching for clean energy. There were senior citizens there to remind the President that he promised not to support cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. There were people marching to show the President he doesn't have a mandate, and that the citizenry is watching and can be mobilized to oppose him if we feel he is being unjust. There were people there who hated the TPP and support their Union.

There were women there who are really pro-life (which most anti abortion people aren't) who don't agree with Abortion (because I know one), but were marching because they were appalled to see the President of the United States during the Campaign, make comments like Blood coming out of her whatever, Look at her Face, etc. Because they don't want their sons and nephews think that is an acceptable way for the President to talk to women, much less anyone.

There is a myriad of reasons people went to the march, boiling it down to just the issue of abortion, makes those who are anti abortion feel justified in dismissing it all.

So basically it makes the right feel like they can just dismiss the concerns of the public without a second thought.
Its amazing how people are trying to minimize what the march was about so that they can dismiss it.

Abortion was only a part of what people where marching about.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What did I post that was nonsensical? And, you don't shit about me. I don't hardly post anything on FB. And, I never post anything political. Ever.
I did not say you post anything on facebook I was talking about the stuff you probably get in your feed, I am willing to bet anything it is slanted in a very distinct way.

Could totally be wrong but I doubt it.

Cotton

Staff member
I did not say you post anything on facebook I was talking about the stuff you probably get in your feed, I am willing to bet anything it is slanted in a very distinct way.

Could totally be wrong but I doubt it.
You really shouldn't make assumptions. I have a gay cousin that floods my FB feed with stupid shit. All, obviously, slanted to the left. But, yeah, I get some stuff from the far right, as well. It's actually far more balanced than you are assuming. And, I can tell you, I'm tired of seeing all of it. Both sides. It's now gotten to the point of extremely annoying.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Its amazing how people are trying to minimize what the march was about so that they can dismiss it.

Abortion was only a part of what people where marching about.
I know I didn't even mention people who march against Registries. There was a picture on my Facebook feed of a Japanese American interred during WWII, saying never again.

It's about perspective, there was so much more going on for that march than Abortion rights.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Women's march has evolved from its original purpose to a forum for every personal issue that seems to exist. I have a close personal friend that was part of the beginning of this movement with Gloria Steinam and she is very proud of the event but admits being puzzled and embarrassed by what she is seeing today.

Top Bottom