President Trump Thread...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Its amazing how people are trying to minimize what the march was about so that they can dismiss it.

Abortion was only a part of what people where marching about.
Right. The rest were women who can't accept an election result wearing p*ssy hats.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Its amazing how people are trying to minimize what the march was about so that they can dismiss it.

Abortion was only a part of what people where marching about.
I didn't minimize or dismiss it. I see it as highly significant.

Pro-choice was part of the official platform of the march. Its organizers repeated that in statements leading up to it. This excludes a little under half of women in America, FWIW.

I have little to say for public demonstration, even when I believe in a cause.

townsend

Banned
It's funny to me how many Republicans decry liberals as "elite", but have probably never met someone who used services of planned parenthood before.

Ever since the State of Texas decided to wage a war on women's reproductive health the maternal death rate in this state has doubled. Anyone who's truly "pro life" should take exception to republicans trying to take us back to days of women dying in childbirth.

townsend

Banned
Right. The rest were women who can't accept an election result wearing p*ssy hats.
You realize you don't have to reject the result of an election to protest, right? Trump's polling is in the garbage. It's not about the election anymore, they're protesting a bad president.

Tea party came out dressed as racist pirates of the Caribbean for 6 years.

data

Forbes #1
Should health care insurance cover a pre-existing condition resulting from homosexual activities like HIV?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It's funny to me how many Republicans decry liberals as "elite", but have probably never met someone who used services of planned parenthood before.

Ever since the State of Texas decided to wage a war on women's reproductive health the maternal death rate in this state has doubled. Anyone who's truly "pro life" should take exception to republicans trying to take us back to days of women dying in childbirth.
I've said here before that I take issue with pro-lifers who wash their hands of the mother and child.

townsend

Banned
I've said here before that I take issue with pro-lifers who wash their hands of the mother and child.
It's been insane how far down that road republicans have gone. Especially in my state. We waste money suing the fed over and over again so Paxton, Patrick, and Abbott can score meaningless political points. Meanwhile our CPS is a fucking disaster. We're too busy worrying about fetal remains to fix a system meant to save living children.

townsend

Banned
Should health care insurance cover a pre-existing condition resulting from homosexual activities like HIV?
Also HIV is perfectly spreadable through heterosexual sex. It'd be arbitrary discrimination.

Might as well not cover them for any communicable disease, because it has the possibility of being spread during gay sex.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Women's march has evolved from its original purpose to a forum for every personal issue that seems to exist. I have a close personal friend that was part of the beginning of this movement with Gloria Steinam and she is very proud of the event but admits being puzzled and embarrassed by what she is seeing today.

This March was instigated by a woman in Hawaii after Trump won the election it had little to do Gloria Steinham and the feminist movement.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-womens-march-live-who-started-the-march-one-1485033621-htmlstory.html

Jiggyfly

Banned
Those hats really struck a nerve.

Mission accomplished.:lol

You Republicans never accepted the results of Obama's election even after 8 years, give me a freaking break.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those hats really struck a nerve.

Mission accomplished.:lol

You Republicans never accepted the results of Obama's election even after 8 years, give me a freaking break.
Oh I don't think that's true at all. Lets not pretend that the magnitude of what is happening right now isn't far more significant then anything that happened during the Obama administration. Let's not be intentionally obtuse.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh I don't think that's true at all. Lets not pretend that the magnitude of what is happening right now isn't far more significant then anything that happened during the Obama administration. Let's not be intentionally obtuse.
I don't remember any property being destroyed at all after Obama was elected.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't remember any property being destroyed at all after Obama was elected.
Nothing of this level certainly.

And I get it, Trump isn't the President that most of us wanted. Hell frankly neither is Hillary. It's a process that is horribly flawed. What people really need to do is to rally for changes in how candidates are selected and put on the ballot. Being pissed that Trump is our President is like attacking the symptom instead of the actual cause. The process was an absolute joke this year. The two party system is a joke as well.

townsend

Banned
Partly because Trump has gone out of his way to be divisive before during and after the campaign. Obama, and Bush, and every single other president has tried to bring the country together after the election. Trump had the most polarizing primary, general, and transition of any president in the last century.

He's polling terribly right now. No president has ever started his first term with a 45% approval rating.
The fact is Obama had at least made the attempt at looking diplomatic. Trump has done nothing but exacerbate post election resentment.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You realize you don't have to reject the result of an election to protest, right? Trump's polling is in the garbage. It's not about the election anymore, they're protesting a bad president.

Tea party came out dressed as racist pirates of the Caribbean for 6 years.
He may become a bad President but to decry this mantra before it happens is predjudice at its highest.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Nothing of this level certainly.

And I get it, Trump isn't the President that most of us wanted. Hell frankly neither is Hillary. It's a process that is horribly flawed. What people really need to do is to rally for changes in how candidates are selected and put on the ballot. Being pissed that Trump is our President is like attacking the symptom instead of the actual cause. The process was an absolute joke this year. The two party system is a joke as well.
I think it's also an easy narrative to dismiss millions of peaceful protestors as because of the actions of a handful. This is the same shit they pulled during the anti war movement, trying to portray anyone protesting the draft as a drugged out anarchist commie.

townsend

Banned
He may become a bad President but to decry this mantra before it happens is predjudice at its highest.
No he is a bad president, in the same way Jared Goff is a bad QB. He could potentially become a better president, but he has failed utterly in his role to this point.

Top Bottom