President Trump Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There you go. Run away when your inconsistencies are exposed.
There were no inconsistencies. I acknowledged Kapernicks rights but I also acknowledged others who had rights as well. You were only interested in saying I didn't care about Kapernicks options. He can exercise them all day everyday as he has but he is also paying the price of being inconsiderate to others not the least of which is his former employee and the public backlash. You want to make this about my considerations when in truth I have nothing to do with his plight.

data

Forbes #1
That Toyota commercial where the football family picks up the stranded, car-troubled person in the rainstorm that coincidentally is the referee that blew a call to lose the football family the game...if it were Colin Kaepernick stranded road-side in a rainstorm, would you pick him up?

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1

I wonder if those without power in the storm right now can take solace in his Tweet.

And don't tell me his use of the phrase "unleashes full power" implies he is wielding some sort of stroke that no President before him has ever done.

He is the best President. Can get things done. Many great things done. Better than any other before him. Believe.
If a natural disaster afflicted a dominant blue state like WA, you think Trump would refuse, question or delay unleashing full power of govt assistance?

peplaw06

Brand New Member
There were no inconsistencies. I acknowledged Kapernicks rights but I also acknowledged others who had rights as well. You were only interested in saying I didn't care about Kapernicks options. He can exercise them all day everyday as he has but he is also paying the price of being inconsiderate to others not the least of which is his former employee and the public backlash. You want to make this about my considerations when in truth I have nothing to do with his plight.
Sorry... that's bull. You and people who think like you (hypocrites) are exactly why he doesn't have a job.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
That Toyota commercial where the football family picks up the stranded, car-troubled person in the rainstorm that coincidentally is the referee that blew a call to lose the football family the game...if it were Colin Kaepernick stranded road-side in a rainstorm, would you pick him up?
I know this in tongue-in-cheek... but really it illustrates how ridiculous people who are offended by Kaepernick are being. At least the football family was directly affected by the referee who blew the call.

99% of football fans who are all up in arms over Kaepernick have not been impacted in any tangible way by what he's done. And they want to talk about snowflakes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know this in tongue-in-cheek... but really it illustrates how ridiculous people who are offended by Kaepernick are being. At least the football family was directly affected by the referee who blew the call.

99% of football fans who are all up in arms over Kaepernick have not been impacted in any tangible way by what he's done. And they want to talk about snowflakes.
Most people use sport to forget about real life.

Kaepernick injects that. So do the other kneelers.

Football should be a fantasy escape, not a social platform

Do you see basketball players doing this en masse? No.

That alone should tell you alot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sorry... that's bull. You and people who think like you (hypocrites) are exactly why he doesn't have a job.
He could have a job if he came out and declared how important football was to him.

Even draftees get that question.

But I am supposed to feel sorry for the guy that opted out of his contract?

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Most people use sport to forget about real life.

Kaepernick injects that. So do the other kneelers.

Football should be a fantasy escape, not a social platform

Do you see basketball players doing this en masse? No.

That alone should tell you alot.
That's a nice fairy tale and all, but it's not how this works. Athletes don't give up their rights to speak out when they sign a contract.

Do you think that they should play the anthem at all sporting events?

peplaw06

Brand New Member
He could have a job if he came out and declared how important football was to him.

Even draftees get that question.

But I am supposed to feel sorry for the guy that opted out of his contract?
You mean he needs to say that football is more important to him than his protest and that he won't do it anymore, right?

data

Forbes #1

not tongue in cheek. With people so entrenched into defending their opinions in today's climate, I'd venture to guess >1/3 of the population would drive on by. I'd consider it depending on storm severity and road isolation and other factors, especially if he were playing the Cowboys that week.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Didn't Kaepernick get a job offer that he turned down?

Tells me all I need to know.

The people saying he's better than many QBs who are employed in this league aren't necessarily correct. Cooper Rush is better than Kaepernick.

I mean, yeah, if you want to get down to it, Kaepernick is better than some backups and most third stringers, but he was offered one of those jobs and didn't want it.

But otherwise, the guy is Quincy Carter. Look at his stats. He has trouble breaking the 200 yard passing mark. That was Carter... 15 years ago in a less pass happy league.

He's a QB who can't move the ball in the air. That's why he doesn't have a job. He's annoying and he sucks. Toxic combination.

This narrative that "Kaepernick is good enough to play in this league" is false. No, he's not. Some team would take a chance on him despite the negative PR if he was any good. Look at Michael Vick.

Kaepernick can't start in this league or be a competent backup for many teams even. Thats why he's unemployed.

And he knows his sideshow is worth more than a backup gameday check which is why he turned down a backup job.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You mean he needs to say that football is more important to him than his protest and that he won't do it anymore, right?
The protest thing is way overblown. Every damn body is kneeling, putting hands on shoulders, even staying on the exrecuse bike. Funny, they are all employed still. But hey, Kaspernick isn't. It has a little to do with talent and really his willingness to take a backup job and the money that goes with it too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a nice fairy tale and all, but it's not how this works. Athletes don't give up their rights to speak out when they sign a contract.

Do you think that they should play the anthem at all sporting events?
Sure and NFL teams don't give up their rights to cut a guy because they don't like him.

Which he wasn't even cut. He actually opted out of his contract.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
The protest thing is way overblown. Every damn body is kneeling, putting hands on shoulders, even staying on the exrecuse bike. Funny, they are all employed still. But hey, Kaspernick isn't. It has a little to do with talent and really his willingness to take a backup job and the money that goes with it too.
Yep, they're all showing support for Kaepernick. I'm actually interested to see if the public is going to stick to their guns and lash out at them as well. It's a different story when large numbers begin protesting, or when it's your team. If a Cowboy did it, I would expect a few people would change their tune.

Kaepernick isn't the best QB out there... and he's not the worst. He's damn sure better than Kellen Moore. And Cooper Rush? Come on, he's not even played a real game yet. He looks good, but let's not be ridiculous.

There's what 90+ QBs who were on a training camp roster? There's no reason a team shouldn't have brought him in, unless he turned down a contract, then that would change things a little, but I haven't seen anything concrete saying that. Also, there's a chance he could latch on with a team after the starters have been determined, or if there's an injury, etc.

Don't mistake my take on this as an endorsement that he's some great QB... he's clearly not. But it's also clear that there's a large segment of the population who literally despises him because he took a damn knee. That's unhinged.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cooper Rush is an unknown, but I know Kaepernick can't cut it. It's not ridiculous at all to say I'd take Rush over Kaepernick. I'd do it every day of the week.

Here's a list of backups that Kaepernick is either on par with or possibly better than:

Matt Cassel, Titans
Kellen Clemens, Chargers
Kellen Moore, Cowboys
Scott Tolzien, Colts
Sean Mannion, Rams
Jake Rudock/Brad Kaaya, Lions
Ryan Griffin, Buccaneers
Trevone Boykin, Seahawks
Geno Smith, Giants
Matt Barkley/CJ Beathard, 49ers

Here are the ones who I'd take over Kaepernick:

Jimmy Garoppolo, Patriots
Matt Moore, Dolphins
Trevor Siemian/Paxton Lynch, Broncos
Colt McCoy, Redskins
Deshaun Watson/Tom Savage, Texans
AJ McCarron, Bengals
T.J. Yates/Cardale Jones/Nathan Peterman, Bills
Mitchell Trubisky/Mike Glennon, Bears
Chad Henne, Jaguars
Drew Stanton, Cardinals
Kevin Hogan/Brock Osweiler/DeShone Kizer, Browns
Chase Daniel, Saints
Derek Anderson, Panthers
Nick Foles, Eagles
Ryan Mallett, Ravens
Case Keenum, Vikings
Bryce Petty/Christian Hackenberg, Jets
Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs, Steelers
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs
Connor Cook/EJ Manuel, Raiders
Matt Schaub, Falcons
Brett Hundley, Packers

Some of those guys I'd take over Kaepernick because of youth, potential, but the point remains. Kaepernick has no value in the league. He's not even better than most backups.

And he turned down a backup gig.

He's a third string QB on many teams. Who wants to put up with that?

It's not blacklisting or discriminating. You're a low end backup talent. No one wants to put up with questions when you suck. And of the small number of teams who might have been ok with it.... you turned them down.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Obviously it is not as simple as he is being blackballed or that he completely sucks. I think he wants more of a commitment than teams are willing to give for a backup distraction. I have little question that he wants to start, and that is a big factor.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's not all about "talent." TO was more talented than almost every WR in the league, but after a while no one wanted him because the discord he'd cause in the locker room weren't worth what he provided on the field. And that had nothing to do with politics.

I think Kaepernick is the same way. He's not that good a passer, so you'd have to put in a package of option stuff for him to run if he played. Some OCs don't want to do that.

And to me, I'd question his dedication to the game, which you have to have at that position more than any other. I haven't looked at his twitter page in a while, but when I did a few weeks ago there was nothing about football. It was all about everything else. Does he even love the game enough to really want to play it beyond cashing a big check? This is the same guy who showed up to Niners camp so underweight they couldn't even play him for weeks until he did his proper lifting and went off his vegan diet (or whatever goofy thing he tried on his own).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not all about "talent." TO was more talented than almost every WR in the league, but after a while no one wanted him because the discord he'd cause in the locker room weren't worth what he provided on the field. And that had nothing to do with politics.

I think Kaepernick is the same way. He's not that good a passer, so you'd have to put in a package of option stuff for him to run if he played. Some OCs don't want to do that.

And to me, I'd question his dedication to the game, which you have to have at that position more than any other. I haven't looked at his twitter page in a while, but when I did a few weeks ago there was nothing about football. It was all about everything else. Does he even love the game enough to really want to play it beyond cashing a big check? This is the same guy who showed up to Niners camp so underweight they couldn't even play him for weeks until he did his proper lifting and went off his vegan diet (or whatever goofy thing he tried on his own).
This is exactly what it is. I think it's very clear that most teams do not want him as a backup. They view the distraction too detrimental to their team to equal the value of a backup. A team absolutely would bring Kaep in if they felt he was going to be their starter. At that point the value to the team would exceed the detriment caused by his being a distraction (Disruption, side show or whatever you want to call it. Fact is things become less about football and more about politics with Kaep. Which is bad for a football team whose single focus should be winning football games). That's why the Jags are kicking around the idea. Because their QB situation is so god awful that Kaep may actually be the starter.

As far as Cooper Rush is concerned? At least I don't know if he sucks. I'll take that any day over a QB who I know sucks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm straight up saying that Cooper Rush is better right now than Colin Kaepernick at success in a passing offense.

Top Bottom