Staff member

Fucking idiot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol :doh

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
No more oil and gas permitting
thanks, I wondered whether it meant all permitting and it appears to apply to federal land & waters:

Biden administration suspends federal oil and gas permitting
(Reuters) - The Biden administration has temporarily suspended oil and gas leasing and permitting on federal lands and waters while it evaluates the legal and policy implications of the program, according to a Department of Interior memo.

The move appears to be a first step in delivering on newly sworn-in President Joe Biden’s campaign promise to ban all new federal drilling permits, part of his wider agenda to combat global climate change.

The order was welcomed by environmentalists and derided by the oil and gas industry, whose largest onshore drilling companies have stockpiled permits here in anticipation of a change in federal policy.

U.S. federal lands and waters account for close to 25% of the nation’s crude oil output, making them a big contributor to energy supply but also to America’s greenhouse gas emissions.

Biden’s predecessor Donald Trump had sought to maximize production of oil, gas and coal on federal acreage, and routinely downplayed threats from global warming.

IN THE ORDER, DATED JAN. 20 AND SEEN BY REUTERS THURSDAY, BIDEN’S ACTING INTERIOR SECRETARY SCOTT DE LA VEGA SUSPENDED THE AUTHORITY OF AGENCY OFFICES TO ISSUE FOSSIL FUEL AUTHORIZATIONS, REVISE LAND MANAGEMENT PLANS, APPROVE GROUND-DISTURBING ACTIVITIES, AND MORE.

During the pause, activities may be approved by certain agency officials in Washington, the memo said.
The order does not limit existing operations, it said.

Center for Western Priorities Policy Director Jesse Prentice-Dunn said in an email “the Biden administration is rightfully attempting to take stock of the damage and make sure the agency is following the law.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This QAnon broad is unhinged.
Fuck it. Drag his ass through the impeachment process. There is tons of evidence of foreign interactions with China. They drug Trump through it for 2 god damn years with much less. These are the rules they set.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Fuck it. Drag his ass through the impeachment process. There is tons of evidence of foreign interactions with China. They drug Trump through it for 2 god damn years with much less. These are the rules they set.
I think the issue can not be done legally because the FBI investigation hasn’t been completed on the main issue of the impeachment proceedings. The grounds for impeachment is the issue of inciting a riot. That hasn’t actually been established. If impeached it would deprive him of his rights to run again and it isn’t official that he is guilty of same.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think the issue can not be done legally because the FBI investigation hasn’t been completed on the main issue of the impeachment proceedings. The grounds for impeachment is the issue of inciting a riot. That hasn’t actually been established. If impeached it would deprive him of his rights to run again and it isn’t official that he is guilty of same.
I was talking about dragging Biden's ass through impeachment. They don't have shit on Trump. That shit is just a charade.

Top Bottom