President Biden thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jsmith said it earlier, but most of the "green" electric power stuff is made in... You guessed it... China.

These people literally favor China over Americans in red states. So killing energy jobs serves a double purpose for them. Has nothing to do with the environment.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Just FYI, solar energy is expensive as hell to implement. THat is never talked about in all of this "green" bullshit. Oh, and don't get me started on electric cars.
I've been wanting to go solar for a while, so we finally talked to a guy about doing it.

We'd basically have to sign a 2nd mortgage to power my house. Sadly we aren't able to sell power back to our provider, so we'd lose out on a lot of the perks of going solar.

I wish solar technology was a lot more evolved. It's a shame a guy can't just buy a retractable and/or movable tarp/canvas-like cover for my roof to collect energy as needed. Instead you have to have glass panels bolted into your frikkin roof.

Tesla does build a nice battery wall, but as I understand it those prices are increasing all the time.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I've been wanting to go solar for a while, so we finally talked to a guy about doing it.

We'd basically have to sign a 2nd mortgage to power my house. Sadly we aren't able to sell power back to our provider, so we'd lose out on a lot of the perks of going solar.

I wish solar technology was a lot more evolved. It's a shame a guy can't just buy a retractable and/or movable tarp/canvas-like cover for my roof to collect energy as needed. Instead you have to have glass panels bolted into your frikkin roof.

Tesla does build a nice battery wall, but as I understand it those prices are increasing all the time.
It's silly that people think solar is the future. It has its uses but it is by no means sustainable the way the market is now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's silly that people think solar is the future. It has its uses but it is by no means sustainable the way the market is now.
I don't see why solar couldn't help homeowners at some point, just don't think we're there yet.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't see why solar couldn't help homeowners at some point, just don't think we're there yet.
The panels themselves have gotten cheaper, but the batteries needed to harness the energy are still ridiculously expensive.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The panels themselves have gotten cheaper, but the batteries needed to harness the energy are still ridiculously expensive.
The panels are still a pain to install. I should never have to put holes in my roof, I don't care how advanced their hole-sealing technology is.

Cotton

Staff member
This is so fucked up it's unbelievable. It almost feels like a story a satire website made up. Which those sites better watch out because they may be next.
Our freedoms are under attack. We better pay attention before it's too late.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Unconscionable if true.

You'll notice none of the news articles are actually saying what he did. They just say "he attempted to mislead people." How? Was he directly sending them wrongful instructions on voting? Or just posting it to own his account?

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Disgusting... But that how this is going to go. They simply won't answer any tougher questions from Fox or any of the networks not in bed with them.

But does anyone remember the VP being so close to the President's side so often during these kind of things? The other day they were both on sort of parallel podiums with the same "46" logo on both of them. Maybe it's always been like that but I don't think so.

Definitely looks like they're trying to ease the transition to her when it inevitably happens.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Still would like to hear how all these policies and developments are good for the country. And OMB isn't a real answer.

Top Bottom