Preseason Week 4 Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Texans | 08/30/18

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Refs just wanted the game over. That was actually very good coverage and a shit pass.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Stupid penalty on Lenoir. If there's any justice, prepare for the waiver wire.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Well, that was less than awe inspiring even for a meaningless preseason game. Ah well.

Night ya'll, time to watch the local weather.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Rush has gotten worse since Kelly Moore became QB coach.
How so? He didn’t play enough last season to see what he could do. This preseason he was in the line up about the equivalent of two full games. It’s likely this activity exposed him as being just a raw QB who needs additional training and playing time. In addition the rest of the lineup around him was just as raw and undeveloped.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How so? He didn’t play enough last season to see what he could do. This preseason he was in the line up about the equivalent of two full games. It’s likely this activity exposed him as being just a raw QB who needs additional training and playing time. In addition the rest of the lineup around him was just as raw and undeveloped.
the comparative preseason stats reveal a downtrend for Rush. He played much better last preseason.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
the comparative preseason stats reveal a downtrend for Rush. He played much better last preseason.
Well if we are using that method then Dak is due for a blowup because he played better his rookie year but fell off last year and if the QB Coach is a further slick spot Dak will have a miserable year. Still want to attribute QB performance on Moore?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well if we are using that method then Dak is due for a blowup because he played better his rookie year but fell off last year and if the QB Coach is a further slick spot Dak will have a miserable year. Still want to attribute QB performance on Moore?
It's possible for Dak to improve despite a poor job by the QB coach.

But yes it's concerning that QBs seem to be better when they first get to Dallas then they are after a year or two.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's possible for Dak to improve despite a poor job by the QB coach.

But yes it's concerning that QBs seem to be better when they first get to Dallas then they are after a year or two.
I guess my point was that you can’t pick and choose what a coach imparts to players based on their perceived abilities that would seem to affect players differently. If one player gets worse under a coach’s tutiledge why wouldn’t another also get worse. Obviously the player and their abilities has a lot to do with their outcome.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I guess my point was that you can’t pick and choose what a coach imparts to players based on their perceived abilities that would seem to affect players differently. If one player gets worse under a coach’s tutiledge why wouldn’t another also get worse. Obviously the player and their abilities has a lot to do with their outcome.
Lets see how the "other" QB looks this season, Rush and White have played much more to this point. Rush appears to have regressed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just saw the Danny Etling 86 yard naked bootleg TD run against the Giants. :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Lets see how the "other" QB looks this season, Rush and White have played much more to this point. Rush appears to have regressed.
He does appear to have regressed. I suppose the question is why.

Top Bottom