Preseason Week 4 Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Texans | 08/30/18

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The game is on right now on NFLN.

I know you all want to catch it again.

You can thank me later for the heads up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well if we are using that method then Dak is due for a blowup because he played better his rookie year but fell off last year and if the QB Coach is a further slick spot Dak will have a miserable year. Still want to attribute QB performance on Moore?
I wouldn't put it all on Moore but I do think he'll be a contributing factor regarding the lack of improvement that we'll see from our QBs.

Inexperienced position coach + Conservative approach to adding talent at WR and TE + a predictable offensive philosophy = Most likely another year of uninspiring QB play

I've said it before. I don't think this organization has done nearly enough, from March - present day, to help with the development of a very young group of QBs. It almost feels as though they're intentionally setting them up to fail.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't put it on all Moore but I do think he'll be a contributing factor regarding the lack of improvement that we'll see from our QBs.

Inexperienced position coach + Conservative approach to adding talent at WR and TE + a predictable offensive philosophy = Most likely another year of uninspiring QB play

I've said it before. I don't think this organization has done nearly enough, from March - present day, to help with the development of a very young group of QBs. It almost feels as though they're intentionally setting them up to fail.
Good coaches sometimes come from failed athletic careers. If you can't do, coach.

I just don't see a lot of development in the QBs, so you have to look at Moore.

White was literally his handpicked guy. Rush, not really sure how he looks at him, but think about it, he was competing with him for a job last year.

Just a weird dynamic overall.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well if we are using that method then Dak is due for a blowup because he played better his rookie year but fell off last year and if the QB Coach is a further slick spot Dak will have a miserable year. Still want to attribute QB performance on Moore?
It is a concern, still. This year is pivotal for Dak. My money would not be on Moore to develop him. Romo and Butt Fumble had more of a positive influence.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Good coaches sometimes come from failed athletic careers. If you can't do, coach.

White was literally his handpicked guy. Rush, not really sure how he looks at him, but think about it, he was competing with him for a job last year.

Continuity in the qb room!!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

It's flat out retarded.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Kellen Moore
Well that starts the discussion back to the circle status. How is it you can use only one quarterback to judge a QB coaches performance. Do yo also automatically assume that Dak and White are going to regress? They are under the same exposure. Or it it more realistic to say that Rush himself has gotten worse on his own?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Most likely Rush just played out of his mind last preseason when in reality he was never actually that good.

I guess Jerry and even Red were enamored with finding the next Romo (undrafted) and showing how smart they were.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most likely Rush just played out of his mind last preseason when in reality he was never actually that good.

I guess Jerry and even Red were enamored with finding the next Romo (undrafted) and showing how smart they were.
Could be. I mean look at Foles. The man won a Superbowl but has looked horrific all preseason this year. There are lots of factors at work.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How often do QBs regress from first to second year in one system? Typically there is improvement.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know but Dak clearly regressed in year 2 also. So there's a pattern here with this team. And it was different quarterback coaches too.

I think definitely there's a coaching component to it but it's also multifactorial. But I would say thus far the early returns for Moore are not good. That said if Dak comes out in the regular season and looks fantastic that looks good for more even if Rush looks terrible.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The Moore hiring just reeks of nepotism. Dude may be a football guru, but theres no evidence to suggest he's a QB whisperer. None.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Moore hiring just reeks of nepotism. Dude may be a football guru, but theres no evidence to suggest he's a QB whisperer. None.
He is a Linehan favorite and an easy hire for Jerry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know but Dak clearly regressed in year 2 also. So there's a pattern here with this team. And it was different quarterback coaches too.

I think definitely there's a coaching component to it but it's also multifactorial. But I would say thus far the early returns for Moore are not good. That said if Dak comes out in the regular season and looks fantastic that looks good for more even if Rush looks terrible.
Pretty much, we will find out soon.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

They like his douchy name

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They like his douchy name
His arm just looked so weak to me this preseason. I don't think the physical tools are there regardless.

Conversely White throws rockets so that may have been why it stood out so much.

p1_

DCC 4Life
and he would miss wide open receivers with regularity.

Top Bottom