Pelissero: Quinn Staying In Dallas

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be interesting to know who would Payton like as his DC, he had quite a few and very different ones in NO IIRC...
I think Quinn is as likely as anybody assuming he's open to it and doesn't get a HC job. They competed against each other for years in the NFC South, so why not?

Unless Quinn has a HC job lined up he would know damn good and well that a Payton-coached team will likely be more successful than we were under McCarthy, only raising his profile further.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I'd be interesting to know who would Payton like as his DC, he had quite a few and very different ones in NO IIRC...
Gibbs, Williams, Spagnulo, Ryan, Allen...
Fewer than I thought, but definitly all sorts... but all very established.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Not with Payton attainable
Yea there's no chance that Jerry muddies the waters by hiring another HC in the meantime. If I had to guess McCarthy will be our HC until Payton is ready, either in 2023 or 2024.

Of course if Payton extends his absence indefinitely into 2024, 2025, etc. then all bets are off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea there's no chance that Jerry muddies the waters by hiring another HC in the meantime. If I had to guess McCarthy will be our HC until Payton is ready, either in 2023 or 2024.

Of course if Payton extends his absence indefinitely into 2024, 2025, etc. then all bets are off.
Yeah there is no telling if or when he will return.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think in the end Quinn was enjoying his job in Dallas a hell of a lot more than he enjoyed his last few years in Atlanta. If the pay isn't really any different I can see why he would rather stay put. There is a personal life side to this stuff too. Not everyone wants to change cities every year of their life. Quinn is probably really enjoying himself right now and if the money isn't really impacted much, why not stay where you're enjoying life and avoid the extra stress. Now eventually his pride will probably change that but not yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think in the end Quinn was enjoying his job in Dallas a hell of a lot more than he enjoyed his last few years in Atlanta. If the pay isn't really any different I can see why he would rather stay put. There is a personal life side to this stuff too. Not everyone wants to change cities every year of their life. Quinn is probably really enjoying himself right now and if the money isn't really impacted much, why not stay where you're enjoying life and avoid the extra stress. Now eventually his pride will probably change that but not yet.
Plus the opportunity to work with someone like Parsons is relatively rare. You could argue that Parsons will end up being the best defensive player he's ever coached, that stuff doesn't come around every other year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It also puts some pressure on him to continue to field a dominant defense if he intends to be a head coach.
I would say he has yet to field a dominant D. It's a work in progress, and we did progress from the disaster of '20. We're not where we need to be quite yet. I look forward to this draft and FA period to keep infusing talent into this defense.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Fix the running game, and we'll see a big fucking improvement.
Easier said than done. Between Zeke and the weak links on the oline, the running game has much work to do to get right.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would say he has yet to field a dominant D. It's a work in progress, and we did progress from the disaster of '20. We're not where we need to be quite yet. I look forward to this draft and FA period to keep infusing talent into this defense.
Well Parsons was dominant, DFDC.

They need to be very cautious with giving Quinn free run like he had last April. You might be taking talent that fits more what he does and may limit the options to replace him if he bolts next year.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is a minor miracle and I’m glad he’ll be back. I kind of wish Moore was gone, but hard to say who we could hire instead.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
This is awesome news. I think DQ will have a lot of sway in the draft about what players he needs to go up another notch or 2 on D. Definitely takes some sting out of the playoff exit.

Top Bottom