Pelissero: Quinn Staying In Dallas

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Good. Lets get him some talent and get higher than 19.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This definitely helps McCarthy.

I am a little surprised he elected to withdraw. But then again, when your choices are New York or Chicago, I don't blame him.

He might also be at a disadvantage to teams that are looking for offensive-minded coaches.

Gives him another year to prove it and then also assemble a potential staff that would be attractive to other teams.

It also puts some pressure on him to continue to field a dominant defense if he intends to be a head coach.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I think most teams are looking for bright young offensive minds. The last four teams remaining have offense-oriented guys at the helm (Shanahan, McVay, Reid, Taylor). That hurts greybeard candidates like Quinn.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think most teams are looking for bright young offensive minds. The last four teams remaining have offense-oriented guys at the helm (Shanahan, McVay, Reid, Taylor). That hurts greybeard candidates like Quinn.
All of these teams are looking for offense plus the youth connection to McVay/Shanahan/LaFleur.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This definitely helps McCarthy.

I am a little surprised he elected to withdraw. But then again, when your choices are New York or Chicago, I don't blame him.

He might also be at a disadvantage to teams that are looking for offensive-minded coaches.

Gives him another year to prove it and then also assemble a potential staff that would be attractive to other teams.

It also puts some pressure on him to continue to field a dominant defense if he intends to be a head coach.

Timing right after Denver officially went in a different direction suggests it's the only job he was truly interested in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No Zimmer. That makes me happy.
I really was not looking forward to the DC search at all. It would have really made Fat Mike a real lame duck.

Perhaps here is where they build off last season versus starting all over, teaching our youngsters on D a new scheme, etc.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Now get fucking rid of Moore and let's try to make another run next year.
You know that isn't happening. Yeah, we wish we were more consistent offensively. But we did move the ball this year and put a lot of points on the board. Fix the running game, and we'll see a big fucking improvement.

I can see McCarthy getting more involved with the offense, but firing Moore after this year is just not happening. The best you could hope for was that he'd get hired away as a HC. And that's not happening, either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know that isn't happening. Yeah, we wish we were more consistent offensively. But we did move the ball this year and put a lot of points on the board. Fix the running game, and we'll see a big fucking improvement.

I can see McCarthy getting more involved with the offense, but firing Moore after this year is just not happening. The best you could hope for was that he'd get hired away as a HC. And that's not happening, either.
Nope, it is not happening.

But it is now time for Fat Mike to impose his mark on the offense versus giving Moore the autonomy he has now.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The rumor is that Quinn got a “substantial raise” to remain in Dallas.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Before I found out about the Denver stuff I always thought it was a bit of a long shot that he'd leave, his relationship with Paton there changed my mind, but once they went with Hackett (Rodgers) I knew there was a really good chance he'd be back.

Regardless of all the Payton stuff this is definitely a win, I still think it's likely that McCarthy is gone after next year, but knowing silver-tongued Jerry I bet he'd be able to talk Quinn into staying on as one of the highest paid (the highest paid?) DC's in the league alongside Payton unless he gets a slam dunk HC opportunity next year.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Before I found out about the Denver stuff I always thought it was a bit of a long shot that he'd leave, his relationship with Paton there changed my mind, but once they went with Hackett (Rodgers) I knew there was a really good chance he'd be back.

Regardless of all the Payton stuff this is definitely a win, I still think it's likely that McCarthy is gone after next year, but knowing silver-tongued Jerry I bet he'd be able to talk Quinn into staying on as one of the highest paid (the highest paid?) DC's in the league alongside Payton unless he gets a slam dunk HC opportunity next year.
I'd be interesting to know who would Payton like as his DC, he had quite a few and very different ones in NO IIRC...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Nope, it is not happening.

But it is now time for Fat Mike to impose his mark on the offense versus giving Moore the autonomy he has now.
Yep, stay the fuck outta Quinn's way and maybe teach Kellen how to be a coach.

Top Bottom