Patriots to sign Tim Tebow

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
TE? Lol, do you know how long guys develop their skills to become a TE in the NFL? Can he catch? Can you run routes? Can he block? Who knows? Forget what he has done at QB in college. Take his side-by-side with other NFL TEs. That is where the comparison should begin. There are tons of developmental TEs with better measurables and experience floating around the league and free agency.
Antonio Gates...

I say that half kidding though. The man is a freak and clearly the exception and not the rule.

If there is one organization that will figure out how to use a jack knife player though it is the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised to see them use him a little as a FB (He has done some blocking as a personal protector) a little as a TE, a little as a wild cat QB, and a little at LBer. It's what the Patriots do. They played WRs at DB for gods sake. That doesn't work out well for anyone but they still do it.

The guy will never be a star at one position but if he sticks with the Patriots I'm sure they will find enough goofy ways to use him that the media will be talking about it all season. Probably trying to figure out how to get a guy in the probowl who doesn't have a position.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Antonio Gates...

I say that half kidding though. The man is a freak and clearly the exception and not the rule.

If there is one organization that will figure out how to use a jack knife player though it is the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised to see them use him a little as a FB (He has done some blocking as a personal protector) a little as a TE, a little as a wild cat QB, and a little at LBer. It's what the Patriots do. They played WRs at DB for gods sake. That doesn't work out well for anyone but they still do it.

The guy will never be a star at one position but if he sticks with the Patriots I'm sure they will find enough goofy ways to use him that the media will be talking about it all season. Probably trying to figure out how to get a guy in the probowl who doesn't have a position.
That about sums up how I feel about the situation.

Amazing college player but if you can't throw the ball you probably won't be bulldozing over everyone. A position change makes him a niche player at best.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Haven't you done the exact same thing with me? The difference being you began the process first so I responded. If you don't want this kind of response then keep it respectable.
Fact of the matter is you can't just say, this guy's athletic, he can play another position as well as people who are also athletic that have played the position their entire careers. Used to be, guys who were both big and fast was a rarity, and when you got a rare athletic talent you'd find a spot for them. Now there are enough big fast guys, and the offenses and defenses are more complex, that a guy learning a totally new position is too far behind the curve competing with the guys who already know how to play it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Fact of the matter is you can't just say, this guy's athletic, he can play another position as well as people who are also athletic that have played the position their entire careers. Used to be, guys who were both big and fast was a rarity, and when you got a rare athletic talent you'd find a spot for them. Now there are enough big fast guys, and the offenses and defenses are more complex, that a guy learning a totally new position is too far behind the curve competing with the guys who already know how to play it.
I don't know how many times I have to say it but I am not promoting the idea of making a position change with Tebow. I have stated I think he would be a good situational candidate. No more no less.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Originally Posted by skidadl
Tebow is not an instinctive runner. He is not athletic enough to play another position.

CAREER FACE
You need to change careers.
I'm not trying to argue but this is the impression that I got from the post, LT. That you were an advocate of him switching positions.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Also, I got the impression earlier that you were for a position change for him, LT. I think I got this thread stuck in my head when I was discussing this with you in this thread.

http://dccforums.com/showthread.php?254-Jets-cut-Tim-Tebow
Yes that thread posed a situation of what would you do with Tebow if he was on your team. I indicated then that if he were on "my" team I would try to make a safety out of him. Keep in mind the "my" team factor. This thread has a different situation in that he is now a Patriot and what to do with him as such. For them I can see him being utilized as a situational player in their schemes but that doesn't' t necessarily entail a position change . Sounds confusing perhaps but I approached them in different contexts.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not trying to argue but this is the impression that I got from the post, LT. That you were an advocate of him switching positions.
I think he is athletic enough to play another position but I also know that likely will not happen. It just my personal opinion about him. Obviously we do not share the same sentiment.

Top Bottom