Patriots to sign Tim Tebow

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tebow is not an instinctive runner. He is not athletic enough to play another position.

CAREER FACE

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You need to change careers.
He is a big strong runner but not instinctive at all. He doesn't have the quicks to be a running back.

What people get caught up in is how he has scrambled as a QB. If you want to evaluate him at another position you need to compare him against other players at the same position.

Can he play RB? No.

FB? Well, he's 6'3" 240 so and runs a 4.71. He fits that profile the best. But can he play the position? Can he block? Who knows because he has never done it at the high school, college or pro level. Is it because of his measurables? Welp, do you have any idea how many thousands of guys with his exact measurables there are? MANY. Why aren't they NFL FBs? One reason is because they are becoming extinct. The other reason is because it takes more than measurables.

TE? Lol, do you know how long guys develop their skills to become a TE in the NFL? Can he catch? Can you run routes? Can he block? Who knows? Forget what he has done at QB in college. Take his side-by-side with other NFL TEs. That is where the comparison should begin. There are tons of developmental TEs with better measurables and experience floating around the league and free agency.

How about defense? pu-leeez...that ain't happening. He is 10 years too late to convert to LB. Any other position and you are putting him in coverage. Why in the world would anyone want to take that chance? Just draft a guy from a small college Jerry Jones style that has already played the position.

Tim Tebow is a situational/hybrid QB. That is what he will be. And probably not for long. Is there a slight chance that he could develop into another position? Sure there is. Right now he has the best chance that he ever has to develop. If his current coach can't make him productive then he never will. If he can find a niche somewhere as an option QB then he can stick for a while.

Personally I hope he does. He is a great person, inspirational, a great role model and everything you would want from a leader. If anyone can will themselves to be a good player it is him. I just don't buy it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And you know all this how? The kid has been around football all his life and is a physical athletic speciman. Based on that alone leads me to believe he can play the game. My original premise is that he can be utilized as a situational player. That doesn't mean that he has to convert to any position full time.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
He will fail. And there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I kind of hope he gets into a groove and becomes like a normal football player so we don't hear about him anymore.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I kind of hope he gets into a groove and becomes like a normal football player so we don't hear about him anymore.
F that.

I hope he goes on a scoring binge, and after every TD the league lets him delay the game for a 5 min bible study in the endzone.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
And you know all this how? The kid has been around football all his life and is a physical athletic speciman. Based on that alone leads me to believe he can play the game. My original premise is that he can be utilized as a situational player. That doesn't mean that he has to convert to any position full time.
This is the kind of thinking you have when you are old and you remember that people used to switch positions all the time back when having a blackboard to draw plays on was pretty high tech and game film didn't exist.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
F that.

I hope he goes on a scoring binge, and after every TD the league lets him delay the game for a 5 min bible study in the endzone.
I really hate you right now.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
F that.

:lol

I agree.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is the kind of thinking you have when you are old and you remember that people used to switch positions all the time back when having a blackboard to draw plays on was pretty high tech and game film didn't exist.
It is so nice to know that the game of football and real athletes only came into being a few years ago. This is the kind of thinking you get when you have conversations with people of limited experience.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
F that.

The "Sermon on the Mount" TD celebration. He'll break down the Beatitudes like a Boss.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know that we don't know if he can switch positions. I am also pretty sure that he doesn't want to.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It is so nice to know that the game of football and real athletes only came into being a few years ago. This is the kind of thinking you get when you have conversations with people of limited experience.
The thing is you can't dismiss my knowledge of football because we both know position switches, like Decon Jones changing to DE from TE, Rayfield Wright, going from TE to OT and Night Train Lane changing to CB from DE, or Drew Pearson from QB to WR or Paul Krause from QB to Safety used to happen a lot more back in the day, but continue pretending I don't know anything about football if you like, or pretend we can relive the past, either one. It's all the same when you're desperate to believe those younger than you can't read so you can pretend you're better than them as your fading eyesight takes away your ability to read small print.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The thing is you can't dismiss my knowledge of football because we both know position switches, like Decon Jones changing to DE from TE, Rayfield Wright, going from TE to OT and Night Train Lane changing to CB from DE, or Drew Pearson from QB to WR or Paul Krause from QB to Safety used to happen a lot more back in the day, but continue pretending I don't know anything about football if you like, or pretend we can relive the past, either one. It's all the same when you're desperate to believe those younger than you can't read so you can pretend you're better than them as your fading eyesight takes away your ability to read small print.
Haven't you done the exact same thing with me? The difference being you began the process first so I responded. If you don't want this kind of response then keep it respectable.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I know that we don't know if he can switch positions. I am also pretty sure that he doesn't want to.
I have never advocated he switch positions. Instead I promoting the idea of using his athletic skills under certain circumstances.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Rawr.

Top Bottom