Patriots Stuff...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
OL would be my top priority in the first next year and I'd bring Tyron back on a deal similar to this year (basically 1 year, 5-6 million) as the swing OT.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
OL would be my top priority in the first next year and I'd bring Tyron back on a deal similar to this year (basically 1 year, 5-6 million) as the swing OT.
All he does is swing in and out of the trainer's room. My God, he's 32 years old. Churn and burn. Move onward and upward.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I get it, but going into the season we all assumed Tyron was going to miss 2/3/4 or so games, as he does every year. Generally people were saying that missing his customary few games isn't that important as long he's available down the stretch and in the playoffs we can live with it.

So we're pretty much still on track for all of that so I'm not sure what the consternation is all about.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I just want to hear tomorrow noon or so that Richards is in and that scrub Edoga is out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I get it, but going into the season we all assumed Tyron was going to miss 2/3/4 or so games, as he does every year. Generally people were saying that missing his customary few games isn't that important as long he's available down the stretch and in the playoffs we can live with it.

So we're pretty much still on track for all of that so I'm not sure what the consternation is all about.
I don't mind him missing a few games during the season, especially early on, I'm mostly annoyed that the coaches are sticking with Edoga at LT for no good reason.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life

Hope is not a strategy. How can any team with serious aspirations go week to week never knowing whether its left tackle can play -- or perform? How can anyone be sure Tyron would "available down the stretch and in the playoffs?"

The guy was very good . . . once.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just want to hear tomorrow noon or so that Richards is in and that scrub Edoga is out.
Dont hold your breath on that. Cowboys love them some veterans regardless.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I mean right now he is on pace to miss half the season. Not exactly 2/3/4 games.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I thought Geng left off a "1" in front of those numbers... :unsure

Cujo

DCC 4Life
The only way he plays half the games is if they reduce his workload and make him a swing tackle

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think the injury is major so I wouldn't project it like that.
Dont be so sure. How many times were we made to believe the injuries were minor but turned out to be major deals. Even if its not the season is early so he has enough time to miss several games later on.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dont be so sure. How many times were we made to believe the injuries were minor but turned out to be major deals. Even if its not the season is early so he has enough time to miss several games later on.

That's true but I just think people calling for his head are being premature considering nothing so far that's happened should be unexpected or alarming.

If he comes back vs SF and plays a lot during the season I don't think it's a big deal, even if he misses a couple more through the rest of the season.

A lot of people said as long as he plays the majority of games and is there for the playoffs it's worth it because he's so good when he's in there. And that's still holding true right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Can't manage an offensive line on that basis.
They have been doing that for years, mainly due to the contract he signed.

I would have rather they had some footage of him falling down or something to make this at least appear solid.

It all makes zero sense how he did nothing, yet went from dressing to out.

Top Bottom