Packers Stuff…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I also don't know if it's totally fair to blame the coaches for the weight loss. Maybe it is, but maybe it isn't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also don't know if it's totally fair to blame the coaches for the weight loss. Maybe it is, but maybe it isn't.
Yeah I agree with this as well. Some guys want to think they need stats and sack numbers so they drop the weight thinking it's a path to being an elite player. But someone needs to tell the dude he isn't a 3 technique.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
His ability to coordinate a defense is undeniable.

His ability as a head coach minus the greatest QB of his generation is under question.

Take Tom Brady out of the picture and he's not a HC anyone covets.
That take is total revisionist history

Yeah, take away a good QB and any coach looks ordinary when the rest of the team has no QB and no talent.

There are a zillion times where Belichick has totally neutralized the other team's offense. He's also fielded a consistent offense despite rarely having talent outside of trading for Welker and Moss and changing his OC every five minutes.

He went 11-5 without Brady and with totally average talent on offense.

Belichick can't draft. I should have stated that clearly instead of making that crack about the groceries.

Dude is an awesome coach, but that 2023 Pats team has zero to no talent whatsoever. Mike Tomlin, despite his success without a QB, has an elite defense and strong running game.

Bill had nothing, nada. Take away his GM powers, put him at coach, and get him talent.

He'll win a lot of games for some team out there. Maybe Tampa Bay :)

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
That take is total revisionist history

Yeah, take away a good QB and any coach looks ordinary when the rest of the team has no QB and no talent.

There are a zillion times where Belichick has totally neutralized the other team's offense. He's also fielded a consistent offense despite rarely having talent outside of trading for Welker and Moss and changing his OC every five minutes.

He went 11-5 without Brady and with totally average talent on offense.

Belichick can't draft. I should have stated that clearly instead of making that crack about the groceries.

Dude is an awesome coach, but that 2023 Pats team has zero to no talent whatsoever. Mike Tomlin, despite his success without a QB, has an elite defense and strong running game.

Bill had nothing, nada. Take away his GM powers, put him at coach, and get him talent.

He'll win a lot of games for some team out there. Maybe Tampa Bay :)
Short version of this....great defensive coordinator....everyone agrees.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Short version of this....great defensive coordinator....everyone agrees.
And his offenses have been consistent over the years, including the year he went 11-5 without Brady. This is despite a rotating door at OC.

Except this year of course when he had zero talent. Dude, they signed Zeke and started him.

His assistants have been hired all over the NFL, but they don't succeed long term without Bill.

He's talented, but he's not a teacher of head coaching talent, and of course he sucks at acquiring talent.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I mean the team weighs dudes regularly so they have to know what's going on. But 40 pounds is extreme.
Only reason that makes sense is if they thought lightening him up would make him faster. It hasn’t improved his fast twitch though. That is what they need to work on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only reason that makes sense is if they thought lightening him up would make him faster. It hasn’t improved his fast twitch though. That is what they need to work on.
His reaction is mental not physical. Certainly the team isn't that dumb. I hope he comes back next season as a jacked up 315-330.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
His reaction is mental not physical. Certainly the team isn't that dumb. I hope he comes back next season as a jacked up 315-330.
Maybe he is the dumb one. Look coach if I slim down, I can just hit people faster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe he is the dumb one. Look coach if I slim down, I can just hit people faster.
Only thing I can think of is they thought he was falling all over the place because of the weight. Like too top heavy or something.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But they drafted him specifically to play the run. They never said anything about making him into a 3T.

Who knows, but my best guess is he was so bad at 1T, they're trying to see if he can play as a backup 3T or nickel rusher or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom