Packers Stuff…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I've been perusing some Packers fans comments over at their SB Nation site. I'm convinced none of them have ever watched an NFL game before. They are under the impression that our pass rush won't be a problem and Love will just sit back there picking us apart. Morons. They may run for 200 yards and beat us by 50 ,but I assure you, Love isn't going to be sitting back there in a practice drill like he was against the Bears.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've been perusing some Packers fans comments over at their SB Nation site. I'm convinced none of them have ever watched an NFL game before. They are under the impression that our pass rush won't be a problem and Love will just sit back there picking us apart. Morons. They may run for 200 yards and beat us by 50 ,but I assure you, Love isn't going to be sitting back there in a practice drill like he was against the Bears.

I'm not so sure about that. Our pass rush hasn't been wonderful lately. I could see a performance similar to the Seahawks game where we don't stop them much.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I'm not so sure about that. Our pass rush hasn't been wonderful lately. I could see a performance similar to the Seahawks game where we don't stop them much.
you might be correct, i happen to think we're going to unleash hell on their qb. This is assuming their defense can't stop us from putting up 35+ points.

i just don't see them able to keep up with us by just running a lot and then passing off that. I dont think they can just pass all game without getting destroyed.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Their running game is on par with the Cowboys'. It's nothing special.

Unless something goes terribly wrong, I don't see them dominating the Cowboys on the ground.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
you might be correct, i happen to think we're going to unleash hell on their qb. This is assuming their defense can't stop us from putting up 35+ points.

i just don't see them able to keep up with us by just running a lot and then passing off that. I dont think they can just pass all game without getting destroyed.
Green Bay's gameplan is going to be the exact same shit almost every team does against us. Run the ball, avoid obvious passing situations, play action, get the ball out of the QB's hand quickly, screens, a few 50/50 prayer balls to Watson, so on and so forth.

If they aren't ready for that very obvious play style and give up a bunch of soft 10-12 yard gains on simple screens like they did against the Skins then fuck them.

The big difference between Seattle and Green Bay is that Seattle had the pure talent at WR to beat our CB's, Green Bay doesn't have that. Geno was also unbelievably hot and doing stuff that felt unsustainable, we were getting really quick pressure but he was just ripping it in under 2 seconds and somehow placing it perfectly.

Love could have a game like that, but ultimately they don't have the same WR talent as Seattle, who arguably has the best trio in the league.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I think we'll have trouble generating pressure with a 4-man rush. I think we're going to have to blitz, especially in 3rd and long situations, to consistently get them off the field.

On the other side of the ball, the Cowboys should be able to move the ball pretty easily vs their defense. I think we'll put up 30.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think we'll have trouble generating pressure with a 4-man rush. I think we're going to have to blitz, especially in 3rd and long situations, to consistently get them off the field.

On the other side of the ball, the Cowboys should be able to move the ball pretty easily vs their defense. I think we'll put up 30.
Their OL isn't especially good, if we can get them into 2nd and 8, 3rd and 6 and so forth we'll be able to get pressure. The problem will be if they're able to turtle ball their way into 3rd and 3 consistently.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Their OL isn't especially good, if we can get them into 2nd and 8, 3rd and 6 and so forth we'll be able to get pressure. The problem will be if they're able to turtle ball their way into 3rd and 3 consistently.
Small ball works against this defense because we have a soft shitty interior with a shell of safeties behind them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I am a little worried about this game. They have some offensive talent, and if Love gets hot for some reason it could be a tough day. I know their defense isn't good so we should be able to outscore them, but Miami and Detroit had average defenses and we didn't didn't take advantage against them.

I think it'll be a tough game but the home crowd will be the difference. Or, it's possible Love cracks under this new pressure and we win easily.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I am a little worried about this game. They have some offensive talent, and if Love gets hot for some reason it could be a tough day. I know their defense isn't good so we should be able to outscore them, but Miami and Detroit had average defenses and we didn't didn't take advantage against them.

I think it'll be a tough game but the home crowd will be the difference. Or, it's possible Love cracks under this new pressure and we win easily.
We would've put up 27 against the Lions without Lamb's dumbass fumble, I think 27 would win it against Green Bay.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We would've put up 27 against the Lions without Lamb's dumbass fumble, I think 27 would win it against Green Bay.
If this team gets chumped at home by this Packers team, it would surprise and infuriate me at the same time.

I don't think they will, but it should be dramatic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It works especially well because we are over aggressive.
Yeah, I really don't know why we are not consistent in that regard.

It is like we have to think. Like really really hard it execute, when they are really just like free lancing.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If this team gets chumped at home by this Packers team, it would surprise and infuriate me at the same time.

I don't think they will, but it should be dramatic.
Agreed, if that happens I think there's at least a 50/50 chance McCarthy is fired, maybe even higher than that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I really don't know why we are not consistent in that regard.

It is like we have to think. Like really really hard it execute, when they are really just like free lancing.
It is pretty weird how the defense just seems to lose it's focus and sense of place, like if they haven't been gashed by the run game in a while they need to have a shit game to remember they have to stay focused on the run.

They turned it up pretty good last year in the playoffs so I'm hoping that happens again, especially when Green Bay is going to play the exact same bullshit style they used against us last year to somehow finagle a win that should've been a loss like 90% of the time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is pretty weird how the defense just seems to lose it's focus and sense of place, like if they haven't been gashed by the run game in a while they need to have a shit game to remember they have to stay focused on the run.

They turned it up pretty good last year in the playoffs so I'm hoping that happens again, especially when Green Bay is going to play the exact same bullshit style they used against us last year to somehow finagle a win that should've been a loss like 90% of the time.
Not in Dallas they won't. They might go down like the Lions, but I think they go down.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agreed, if that happens I think there's at least a 50/50 chance McCarthy is fired, maybe even higher than that.

I think that's extremely unlikely regardless. What good options are even out there that would be better than the job McCarthy has done?

Harbaugh? Possibly Bellichick?

I know there's that stupid Peter King report (remember King has admitted in the past that he uses Dallas headlines for attention sometimes), but it would be patented insanity for Jerry to fire McCarthy (even if we get clowned in the first round) considering McCarthy's stewarded our best 3 year run in the past 25 years, and especially considering he held on to Garrett for a decade like Linus (don't @ me @boozeman ) holding his blanket.

You've been speculating on McCarthy being fired for like 3 years now. It'll happen eventually of course but it seems silly at the moment (Jerry being retarded notwithstanding).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom