Packers at Cowboys | Week 15 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/15/13

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Wrong.

But, keep on trying to defend your boy.
The defense got stops in the first half, and couldn't even force them into FGs in the second. It's not defending Garrett to say the defense played worse independently in the second half, even it you want to say it's because McCarthy changed what he was doing and out-smarted Garrett in the second half. It can't all be laid on the offense's inability to score or hold the ball in the second, the defense let up five straight TD drives. Some of that is on the defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate to say this, but I am glad Romo fucking laid an egg as well.

I was getting real tired of people pretending this was his "best year".

No....today was pretty much evidence he is having...another year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's not about letting the defense off the hook, it's about understanding that the defense was on the field far too long as a result of our offensive staff completely abandoning the run.

That is why Garrett is the main culprit for this loss. There's no way to argue that unless you just want to be defiant.
I don't think I said that Garrett wasn't the main culprit tonite. I just said the defense also has to take blame here.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The thing is Jerry can't sell another Campo like hire...he has to go big now so that this group that he put together wins. It would legitimize his GM doings in his mind.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The defense got stops in the first half, and couldn't even force them into FGs in the second. It's not defending Garrett to say the defense played worse independently in the second half, even it you want to say it's because McCarthy changed what he was doing and out-smarted Garrett in the second half. It can't all be laid on the offense's inability to score or hold the ball in the second, the defense let up five straight TD drives. Some of that is on the defense.
Dude...just STFU.

If you stopped talking now, we'd still know EXACTLY what you think tomorrow and frankly, would probably respect you more.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
any theories as to why the defense could play so well in the first half but crater in the second? it's not like Flynn was running a Tom Brady/frantic hurry-up offense after halftime.
I'll try....

I think it was a combination of the team coming out motivated and Green Bay not finding the weak spots yet. It was only a matter of time before they did, which is why it was crucial that we did what we could to keep them off the field in the 2nd half.

Instead, we passed over and over and over and put an awful defense in an even worse situation by putting them on the field tired.

data

Forbes #1
It's not about letting the defense off the hook, it's about understanding that the defense was on the field far too long as a result of our offensive staff completely abandoning the run.

That is why Garrett is the main culprit for this loss. There's no way to argue that unless you just want to be defiant.
Last week, Schmitty argued that the shitty defense caused a cold offense.

This week, though, 3-n-outs that take off no clock time cannot lead to a cold defense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm going to say this again just so it sinks in:

Your Dallas Cowboys have only lost twice in their entire history when leading by 20 or more at halftime.

Both losses have come during the Romo/Garrett era.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What percentage coaches fault vs defenses fault?

You like to argue that it's not 100% vs 0%, but you don't offer an opinion otherwise.

Hell, I could even argue that the lack of crowd noise can't be "let off the hook either", even if it was just 00.001%.
Tough to say. I think both were completely unjustifiable performances that, if either were changed, we win.

2233boys

Not So New Member
You are running at 7 yrds per carry your defense has just given up two Tds. Your next series you call three straight passes, and get sacked in third down. That's just one example this team is poorly coached in all facets. It starts at the top. He wasn't qualified to be the OC, and he certainly wasn't qualified to be the head coach.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The thing is Jerry can't sell another Campo like hire...he has to go big now so that this group that he put together wins. It would legitimize his GM doings in his mind.
I don't know about this. If Jerry were to hire a big time HC and we won, the HC would get the credit. Jerry can't have that happening. And he's proven he's not content with just being given credit for making a great hire. He wants credit for being the architect of the team. He won't get that if a name HC comes in here and turns it around.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Last week, Schmitty argued that the shitty defense caused a cold offense.

This week, though, 3-n-outs that take off no clock time cannot lead to a cold defense.
Defenses generally benefit from rest, offenses need to get in a rhythm.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GO FROM 26-3 to a loss?

Just curious.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
any theories as to why the defense could play so well in the first half but crater in the second? it's not like Flynn was running a Tom Brady/frantic hurry-up offense after halftime.

Only thing I can figure is we came out in the first half doing something they werent expecting, and since McCarthy is a good coach they adjusted at halftime and the rest is history.

Otherwise maybe sims and Durant going down just left us too thin and vulnerable in the second half.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'll try....

I think it was a combination of the team coming out motivated and Green Bay not finding the weak spots yet. It was only a matter of time before they did, which is why it was crucial that we did what we could to keep them off the field in the 2nd half.

Instead, we passed over and over and over and put an awful defense in an even worse situation by putting them on the field tired.
The weak spot was the LBs as I pointed out above.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hate to say this, but I am glad Romo fucking laid an egg as well.

I was getting real tired of people pretending this was his "best year".

No....today was pretty much evidence he is having...another year.
Wait till Kidd chimes in.

He'll find some way to defend Romo.

Top Bottom