OJ vs. America

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess the one thing that puzzles me is whether he was trying to establish an alibi by pretending to be at home and using his boarder as a witness. If this is the case then he was planning something all along to at least a minimum confront his wife and do her harm. If so it would be understandable for him to be sneaking around at his own place because he would need an alibi for that time frame.

On the other hand he may or may not have known that his wife's situation that night would have a boyfriend at her place. With the boyfriend being there it may caught him by surprise but possibly he decided to out both of them to remove any witness. Either way however with the clandestine alibi being arranged at the least it seems to establish he premeditated the demise of his wife and the boyfriend was a victim of circumstances.

If it wasn't him sneaking around his own place then things get skewed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This is a very interesting point because while I'm sure some would regret their support of him, I think most would have done it all over again because most members of the black community were supporting both the idea of a black person finally being on the winning side of the justice system, and whites finally getting a taste of what it was like to see the justice system fail them moreso than supporting Simpson himself.

I am curious to know what the numbers would be like if they polled people today from L.A. who supported him back then to see how many would've done it differently.

Another interesting thing to consider on this point is that OJ himself was initially against the race thing. He always said he didn't see himself as a black man. So when Robert Shapiro, not Johnnie Cochran, decided to use this angle to their advantage, OJ initially was not in favor of it.

It was the inclusion of Cochran onto the team followed by Cochran convincing OJ that this was his best shot to win that ultimately led to OJ accepting this strategy from his team.
You hit the nail on the head, that was the motivation for most blacks at the time across the nation.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So what do you guys think happened that night?

Do you guys think he went alone with the intention of killing her? Or did something happen and he decided to do it there?

There's no question he killed them both, but he's said various things to people close to him at different times.

He'd say things like "If I did it, I couldn't have acted alone" "Nicole would still be alive if she hadn't come out with a knife" etc.

All of it could just be OJ playing this game since it's been clear since he got off that the entire thing has been one big joke to him, but it is interesting to think about what exactly happened that night.
I think he snapped if he was planning to kill her I think he would have done it in the house.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I guess the one thing that puzzles me is whether he was trying to establish an alibi by pretending to be at home and using his boarder as a witness. If this is the case then he was planning something all along to at least a minimum confront his wife and do her harm. If so it would be understandable for him to be sneaking around at his own place because he would need an alibi for that time frame.

On the other hand he may or may not have known that his wife's situation that night would have a boyfriend at her place. With the boyfriend being there it may caught him by surprise but possibly he decided to out both of them to remove any witness. Either way however with the clandestine alibi being arranged at the least it seems to establish he premeditated the demise of his wife and the boyfriend was a victim of circumstances.

If it wasn't him sneaking around his own place then things get skewed.
Goldman was not her boyfriend.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think he snapped if he was planning to kill her I think he would have done it in the house.
So you think he went up there to spy on her? Confront her?

Did he take the knife with him or took it off of her?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

If he was only going to confront her the why all the fuss trying to establish the illusion of an alibi?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I didn't say lover. I said boyfriend. A boy who was her friend.
Boyfriend implies that there was a relationship.

She had no relationship with Ron Goldman whatsoever.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Boyfriend implies that there was a relationship.

She had no relationship with Ron Goldman whatsoever.
Okay. We can call him a male that she had no relationship with. Does that also mean he didn't even qualify as a friend or casual visitor? I wasn't trying to sell an idea that they were anything other than a friend.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because he killed her?
A portion of the alibi was established as I recall by him having a visit with his boarder even before hi left to meet with the wife for whatever reason. It's been a long time since I have read the transcripts and I haven't seen the series you saw.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Is the series OJ vs The People? The one on Netflix?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Okay. We can call him a male that she had no relationship with. Does that also mean he didn't even qualify as a friend or casual visitor? I wasn't trying to sell an idea that they were anything other than a friend.
Maybe she did know him, but that was never substantiated.

Everything I've ever seen and read about Ron Goldman in regards to his relation to Nicole Brown was that he was simply a waiter at an upscale restaurant that Nicole and her family frequented and he was asked by management to drop off a pair of glasses that her mother left behind.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that something may have been going on between them, but as I said, this has never been substantiated.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Is the series OJ vs The People? The one on Netflix?
Yes.

There is that series which is very good and very very accurate to what happened, and then there is the excellent documentary by Ezra Edelman, OJ Made In America.

If you have a cable or satellite subscription, then you should be able to watch all of it in its entirety via the Watch ESPN app.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes.

There is that series which is very good and very very accurate to what happened, and then there is the excellent documentary by Ezra Edelman, OJ Made In America.

If you have a cable or satellite subscription, then you should be able to watch all of it in its entirety via the Watch ESPN app.
Okay. Thanks.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I think he went to confront her, I remember them saying something about him not being invited to that recital or something like that.

Don't know about the knife but I bet it was his, I think maybe he saw Goldman going to the house or already there and had the gloves and knife in the car.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:laff

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yes.

It's also playing on Vice 271 on Direct TV.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe she did know him, but that was never substantiated.

Everything I've ever seen and read about Ron Goldman in regards to his relation to Nicole Brown was that he was simply a waiter at an upscale restaurant that Nicole and her family frequented and he was asked by management to drop off a pair of glasses that her mother left behind.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that something may have been going on between them, but as I said, this has never been substantiated.
Again I am not implying anything was going on with them but I was under the impression that he knew her from the restaurant connection and wasn't a complete stranger.

Top Bottom