Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, but shortened

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Yes, but canceled after starting because of surge in infections

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't really trust any numbers coming out about this. It's already been shown that a lot of it is bullshit. People being tested... Cause of death...

It's proving to be very profitable for hospitals and city government if people "die" from CV.
If only we had some real numbers. The CDC is barely getting participation from hospitals regarding accurate COVID admittances.

All we know (mostly) is who's dying, not who's actually gotten it.

We could all have gotten it, regardless of seclusion, and the percentage of deaths would then be only have been moderately worse than influenza.

Or this could be a Spanish Flu level event. We don't know. You willing to risk it for you and yours? And by extension for NFL players/staff and whomever they might infect?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Absolutely. I read an article that a hospital in NYC was running in the red, in danger of going bankrupt. But they receive federal money for each death listed that was Covid related. Didn't take them long to be out of debt and running in the black.
The culture in NYC is to abuse social programs in the extreme or else be considered chumps for not finding a way to siphon free money from Uncle Sam.

NYC is definitely not the rest of the country.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't really trust any numbers coming out about this. It's already been shown that a lot of it is bullshit. People being tested... Cause of death...

It's proving to be very profitable for hospitals and city government if people "die" from CV.
True. I know of one case personally that an individual whose mother died of a heart attack and was listed as a Covid victim. He tried to get it changed but was brushed off saying it couldn’t be changed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The culture in NYC is to abuse social programs in the extreme or else be considered chumps for not finding a way to siphon free money from Uncle Sam.

NYC is definitely not the rest of the country.
No, but their "death numbers" still go into the country's grand total.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Aside from the statistics there are objective things happening all across the world in response to this that we've never seen in our lifetimes. The majority of entire nations being shut down and quarantined for weeks or months, sporting events that haven't been cancelled since WW2 or even further back are being cancelled, masks are required in the damn White House, when has that ever happened?

So to insinuate that "we don't even know if this is more serious than the standard flu" or whatever it is LT said is completely idiotic, unless of course the argument is that all of this is just one big coordinated event spanning the entire world and every level of society to serve whatever purpose, in which case there's a political forum for that.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
All it takes is one really famous player dying
this is why I voted the season will start but get cancelled, I'm afraid a player will end up dying from the virus. Then the players who've made the most money will refuse to play and the uproar from the media and public will eventually force the NFL to capitulate

hopefully a vaccine and/or way of treating the virus can make he above concerns moot

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
hopefully a vaccine and/or way of treating the virus can make he above concerns moot
Unfortunately the best estimates I've seen for any kind of vaccine is late this year. However the chances a player dies are lower than the average person, they are all in good to great shape and would receive the best medical care available and there is already a 98-99% survival rate

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't see why it would be a big deal to move the season back a month. What exactly would that be getting in the way of?

Start the season in October and now we have the NFL until March, and the offseason next year is one month less.

Everybody wins.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Unfortunately the best estimates I've seen for any kind of vaccine is late this year. However the chances a player dies are lower than the average person, they are all in good to great shape and would receive the best medical care available and there is already a 98-99% survival rate
Yeah, the survival rate is overlooked by some. It’s one thing to be infected but most who succumb are already in poor health and would be just as exposed to other viral attacks. Said another way this strain is no more deadly as a matter of survival. Some stupid practices have also created a larger count such as putting covid infected people in nursing homes. That will run up the count pretty quick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't hold back the entire NFL because of one dumbass governor. Let them practice and play somewhere else.

The only question I have is what do you do when an NFL player gets sick? Cancel that teams games for 2 weeks? The entire team was exposed at that point, can you put the exposed players on the field?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
this is why I voted the season will start but get cancelled, I'm afraid a player will end up dying from the virus. Then the players who've made the most money will refuse to play and the uproar from the media and public will eventually force the NFL to capitulate

It’s a very possible outcome, which is why I also chose it.

data

Forbes #1
Would you attend a game if they required you to wear a mask?

data

Forbes #1
Too distracting. I need to yell and bullshit with people
If the DCC attended a game, I definitely would sit next to you to hear the vitriol.

“Suck a bag of dicks, Dak!!!!”
“You call that a pass?!?!?”
“If you puke now, that’ll be the most YAC you get”

On the other side of me, id want @1bigfan13 or @L.T. Fan

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Would you attend a game if they required you to wear a mask?
no, I cant stand wearing masks (but I do when I go out), If I put my glasses on, they steam up and I cant see anything, I dint see how people who have to work with a mask and need glasses can do anything

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

If the DCC attended a game, I definitely would sit next to you to hear the vitriol.

“Suck a bag of dicks, Dak!!!!”
“You call that a pass?!?!?”
“If you puke now, that’ll be the most YAC you get”

On the other side of me, id want @1bigfan13 or @L.T. Fan
and I'd be happy watching a live stream of this section, hell with the game

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I've never been one to trust the feds much. But last week the CDC said cases and deaths are underreported. The source said a lot more people have died than can accurately be reported.
I think far too many people are taking this situation way too lightly.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I've never been one to trust the feds much. But last week the CDC said cases and deaths are underreported. The source said a lot more people have died than can accurately be reported.
I think far too many people are taking this situation way too lightly.
The supposedly non-partisan WHO also said a lot of shit for their CCP masters to cover their fuckups. In other words I trust no one

Top Bottom