Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, but shortened

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Yes, but canceled after starting because of surge in infections

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
yes. i think they will push it back to maybe 10 games this season. Make it look like you care, but understand people need to make money. the NFL has a lot of time to prep for the right answer. Do the right thing. dont cancel, but play the best PR move.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd like to say yes, but if we know anything, it's that one side on the political aisle controls the pressure on the NFL, so.....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yeah, this is not a good sign. Especially for a football season.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Yeah, this is not a good sign. Especially for a football season.
I think it was Rich Eisen who floated the idea that the NFL could possibly take those week 1-4 games and slide them to the back end of the schedule if the season were unable to start on time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It it yet to be determined if the current virus is any worse than any other deadly viruses that is part of our everyday life. In fact the herd theory may be more effective for quelling the outbreaks than quarantines .

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It it yet to be determined if the current virus is any worse than any other deadly viruses that is part of our everyday life. In fact the herd theory may be more effective for quelling the outbreaks than quarantines .
:lolYea, despite the country shutting down for 2 months there are 80,000+ deaths, and most likely more unaccounted for, and you aren't sure if it's any worse than the standard flu.

Cool story.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lolYea, despite the country shutting down for 2 months there are 80,000+ deaths, and most likely more unaccounted for, and you aren't sure if it's any worse than the standard flu.

Cool story.
The story is about the Herd Theory. When you have some time do som reading on it. It is a way of dealing with pandemics

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Cool story.
Have you checked the influenza death rate?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Have you checked the influenza death rate?
Yea, according to the CDC there are about 20,000 to 60,000 influenza-related deaths each year. We are now sitting at over 80,000 (and likely more) in just 2 months with the entire country literally shut down.

And I know what herd immunity is, I appreciate you responding to me with 2 separate posts though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We need to shut down as long as the economy can bear it.

NFL, everything.

Giving the medical system the capacity to deal with the extra millions who are going to get infected no matter what we do is our top priority.

That starts with limiting the flow of patients.

I think the NFL is going to try (against common sense) to run a season. That is going to involve 1500 players and thousands more in support staff running OTAs, weekly practices and meetings, and of course games.

Every week many dozen of those thousands would likely get the disease. All it takes is one really famous player dying to drive home how dumb it was to have exposed everyone in the first place, not to mention the drain on testing resources needed for the country as a whole.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
For the record I do think there will be a full season, maybe not with fans, but they aren't losing that TV money on top of tickets/gate revenue under any circumstance, barring a complete explosion of cases in the fall which seems unlikely.

European soccer leagues are already gearing to start up in the next few weeks without fans, there's absolutely no reason the NFL can't play games without fans in 4+ months.

When you consider how much television money is at stake the measures to play games without fans seem relatively simple. Just have 1-2 dedicated hotels in each NFL city that are completely bought out and nobody else except NFL personnel can use, along with dedicated planes, and test everybody involved from the players to support staff to hotel employees basically non-stop.

Considering how much money is at stake the cost of these measures are totally negligible.

data

Forbes #1
With less competing activities/entertainment options open, theoretically TV ratings for NFL should be higher than ever, right?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yea, according to the CDC there are about 20,000 to 60,000 influenza-related deaths each year. We are now sitting at over 80,000 (and likely more) in just 2 months with the entire country literally shut down.

And I know what herd immunity is, I appreciate you responding to me with 2 separate posts though.
I don't really trust any numbers coming out about this. It's already been shown that a lot of it is bullshit. People being tested... Cause of death...

It's proving to be very profitable for hospitals and city government if people "die" from CV.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
For the record I do think there will be a full season, maybe not with fans, but they aren't losing that TV money on top of tickets/gate revenue under any circumstance, barring a complete explosion of cases in the fall which seems unlikely.

European soccer leagues are already gearing to start up in the next few weeks without fans, there's absolutely no reason the NFL can't play games without fans in 4+ months.

When you consider how much television money is at stake the measures to play games without fans seem relatively simple. Just have 1-2 dedicated hotels in each NFL city that are completely bought out and nobody else except NFL personnel can use, along with dedicated planes, and test everybody involved from the players to support staff to hotel employees basically non-stop.

Considering how much money is at stake the cost of these measures are totally negligible.
Out of 5000 getting tested, following protocols, wearing n-95 masks etc. some percentage will get infected and some percentage will die and more importantly some will spread it.

So if Zeke gets COVID and maybe gets himself or someone close to him sick and killed, it's worth it because we had football?

Is the NFL an essential business?

Not sure every state will agree there, but that's the question.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I don't really trust any numbers coming out about this. It's already been shown that a lot of it is bullshit. People being tested... Cause of death...

It's proving to be very profitable for hospitals and city government if people "die" from CV.

Yeah, if anything, I believe they're artificially inflated.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, if anything, I believe they're artificially inflated.
Absolutely. I read an article that a hospital in NYC was running in the red, in danger of going bankrupt. But they receive federal money for each death listed that was Covid related. Didn't take them long to be out of debt and running in the black.

data

Forbes #1
Out of 5000 getting tested, following protocols, wearing n-95 masks etc. some percentage will get infected and some percentage will die and more importantly some will spread it.

So if Zeke gets COVID and maybe gets himself or someone close to him sick and killed, it's worth it because we had football?

Is the NFL an essential business?

Not sure every state will agree there, but that's the question.
Coronavirus is most hazardous to people over 65. Witten should retire and save his life.

Top Bottom