NFL Free Agency Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Exactly what I have been screaming to my fellow Cowboys fans for quite some time now.

No holes.

This team would literally have no holes at all and everything they just added in the draft would be piling on.
Yeah but then we probably make the playoffs and maybe win another round and Garrett is still here.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yeah I absolutely hated the Hill pick. Looked like a bust before we ever took him to me. And it has played out so far just like I thought. No more excuses for him though. This coaching staff isn't tied to him and I doubt they will want to hold on to him simply because Marinelli fell in love.

Our Dline coach will either get him to perform or he is gone. And while I would love to see him prove me wrong, nothing has shown me a reason to change my mind. I'm just glad we got a better DT in the third round this year.
Agreed on all counts. It's not on me to root for him to turn it around, it's on him to do it. Or he'll get cut by a coaching staff that didn't draft him and doesn't have to be stuck with a guy who doesn't care or doesn't buy in and give his all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Wow.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Potential HOFer? I realize he's a a bit of a compiler, but it's safe to say he's getting in.

trrw.jpg

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Potential HOFer? I realize he's a a bit of a compiler, but it's safe to say he's getting in.

View attachment 690565
He will get in but in the end it's difficult for me to judge. He is really getting in because of longevity. If you go up and down that list of HOF RBs above do you really pick Frank Gore over most of them? I doubt it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He will get in but in the end it's difficult for me to judge. He is really getting in because of longevity. If you go up and down that list of HOF RBs above do you really pick Frank Gore over most of them? I doubt it.
No, but 15,000 yards is like 3,000 hits in baseball: automatic entry.

data

Forbes #1
Frank Gore's last 4 seasons average 3.9 YPC and 827 yards per season...
"GO FRANK GORE, KEEP GOING!!! ROOTING FOR YOU TO PASS WALTER PAYTON!!!"

Emmitt's last 4 full seasons average 3.8 YPC and 1,034 yards per season...
"RETIRE YOU FUCKING BUM"

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I hate the Gore case like I hate the Curtis Martin case.

Gore is not a HOFer. He's a no brainer to get in because he's 3rd all time in rushing yards. He's that, though, only because he played forever.

He was never among the best running backs in the league in any given season. Good not great.

Top Bottom