NFL Free Agency Thread

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yikes, there only hope is that Stidham is legit. I have no idea but if I were a Patriots fan I'd be nervous.
Nothing lasts forever. Belichick and the Patriots had a good run. It's over.

Too many departures:
  • Brady is the biggest of course
  • O-line coach Dante Scarnecchia retiring, the best in the business, allowed them to rotate so many names in and out with minimal dropoff
  • The continued effects of losing assistant coaches
  • Former assistants in Miami and Detroit continuing to sign away talents
Too much to overcome. I think the Bills will take that division this year and the Pats won't be what they once were.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yikes, there only hope is that Stidham is legit. I have no idea but if I were a Patriots fan I'd be nervous.
Especially if Hoyer is being told he can "compete" for the starting job.

I think they will just trade a late round pick for Cam Newton.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Especially if Hoyer is being told he can "compete" for the starting job.

I think they will just trade a late round pick for Cam Newton.
Hoyer is garbage. They may be able to scheme their way to 8 wins or evem 9 with a killer defense but they are going nowhere

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If i was a patriots fan I'd still be celebrating the past 20 years.
Without Brady, there’s now a chance Belichick doesn’t tie or break Landry’s record.

It was a mortal lock, now it’s suspect.

Fortunately for Belichick he still has the AFC East

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Part of me feels like after 6 Super Bowls, one might be ok with throwing away a season or two to restock on draft assets before giving it one last run for Belichick's career.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Part of me feels like after 6 Super Bowls, one might be ok with throwing away a season or two to restock on draft assets before giving it one last run for Belichick's career.
Probably, for a team like that it might he best to just clear the books and start fresh with a young QB next year. The problem is I don't see them tanking so it's going to be hard to get a top QB prospect.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If bellichick wins with that group...
I wouldn't put it past him. That defense carried the team last year while Brady was only okay. He might be able to get that out of someone.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think that's a very good point. In New England, Brady typically benefitted from great pass protection from a line coached by the great Dante Scarnecchia. He won't have that same luxury in Tampa. Far from it.
I also wouldn't rule out the effects of playing in 95 degree heat and high humidity for the first 4-6 weeks of the season will have on a 43 year old who was used to playing his home games in September in 60 degree weather.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom