New Coaching Staff Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, it looks like McCarthy is going to get to pick his staff from top to bottom. When was the last time a HC got to come into Dallas and do that? Did Parcells pick all of his staff from scratch? I honestly can't remember.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So, it looks like McCarthy is going to get to pick his staff from top to bottom. When was the last time a HC got to come into Dallas and do that? Did Parcells pick all of his staff from scratch? I honestly can't remember.
Well, he inherited Zimmer so that's at least one guy who didn't come from outside.

The question is whether he was told to keep him or asked to keep him. Given how much control Parcells wanted, I'm sure he compromised as opposed to not having a say in the matter.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He "supposedly" did even though he kept Zimmer...probably at Jones' request.

Honestly, I don't have an issue if he interviews and wants to keep Moore. Same goes for Kitna, Lal and Colombo.

But if he has a better fit that he wants to bring in, he should be free to do so.

On defense, it needs to be a full flush.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, he inherited Zimmer so that's at least one guy who didn't come from outside.

The question is whether he was told to keep him or asked to keep him. Given how much control Parcells wanted, I'm sure he compromised as opposed to not having a say in the matter.
Unless we are missing something it certainly looks like McCarthy will have full say on his staff. If true, that is big big news.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Looks like Nolan is the DC. Being congratulated in Saints parking lot and thinks he's on his way to Dallas.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Tuna retained Zimmer while changing to a 3-4 and he was a 4-3 guy. Tuna knew Zimmer was a good coach, who is to say Moore doesn't fit that mold?
Most like what he was doing at the beginning and think RHG started meddling.
Moore isn't just any coach. Jerry is clearly enamored with him, just like he was with Jason back in the day. McCarthy, as an offensive mind, doesn't need him. Certainly not as OC. Nor does McCarthy need a "head coach in waiting" looking over his shoulder like Wade had to endure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Parcells was a huge fan of Zimmer. I remember he raved about his work ethic.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Unless we are missing something it certainly looks like McCarthy will have full say on his staff. If true, that is big big news.
It's a huge deal.

Look, nobody expected Jerry to change. We know what we've got here.

So the best we could hope for is a guy who wouldn't just be another puppet and someone who could command enough respect from Jerry to secede some control. So if this is true and he is being given full autonomy to choose who he wants, then it's a very very big deal and it's reason for encouragement.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He "supposedly" did even though he kept Zimmer...probably at Jones' request.

Honestly, I don't have an issue if he interviews and wants to keep Moore. Same goes for Kitna, Lal and Colombo.

But if he has a better fit that he wants to bring in, he should be free to do so.

On defense, it needs to be a full flush.
Exactly.

Those same guys you mentioned are all the same ones I wouldn't mind having back, but only if McCarthy genuinely wants them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. I am sure McCarthy took the job with some stipulations. I can't for a second think Jerry just said it's all yours, Mike. There had to be some prodding and compromising.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh. I am sure McCarthy took the job with some stipulations. I can't for a second think Jerry just said it's all yours, Mike. There had to be some prodding and compromising.
I guess we will see, won't we, DFDC?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Calling Glazier a liar?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Maybe have a new thread as staff is built

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Good, I think he is an excellent coach
I know there is some connection with Nolan to the Cowboys with his dad coaching here, but this is a McCarthy hire. McCarthy was the OC in San Fran for a year under Nolan before McCarthy got the job with the Packers.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom