NBA Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My favorite player as a kid. I honestly think that Dr. J is underrated in the discussion of all-time players. Dude changed the way the game is played.
Exactly right. Easily my favorite ever. Dr. J in his prime was unstoppable. Nobody did what he did until he did it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The basketball HOF is definitely easier to get in than football, I understand that.....but Ben Wallace?
I said the same thing. It's definitely a watered-down achievement.

I think MLB gets it right. There are former MLB players who had fantastic careers and would absolutely be in the HOF if MLB graded like the NFL and NBA. Dale Murphy and Fred McGriff immediately jump to mind. Murphy was even a 2x MVP.

IMO, the HOF in all sports should be reserved for only great and elite players.

Elite = guys like Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, & Magic.

Great = guys like D-Wade, Ewing, Barkley, & Iverson.

If you're just a good/very good player, like Chris Bosh, Reggie Miller, Draymond Green, and Pau Gasol you don't belong in the HOF.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I said the same thing. It's definitely a watered-down achievement.

I think MLB gets it right. There are former MLB players who had fantastic careers and would absolutely be in the HOF if MLB graded like the NFL and NBA. Dale Murphy and Fred McGriff immediately jump to mind. Murphy was even a 2x MVP.

IMO, the HOF in all sports should be reserved for only great and elite players.

Elite = guys like Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, & Magic.

Great = guys like D-Wade, Ewing, Barkley, & Iverson.

If you're just a good/very good player, like Chris Bosh, Reggie Miller, Draymond Green, and Pau Gasol you don't belong in the HOF.
I dunno, I think Wallace might be on a different level than Pau Gasol. Bosh is only in because of riding the coattails of LeBron to those rings.

Genghis Khan

I dunno, I think Wallace might be on a different level than Pau Gasol. Bosh is only in because of riding the coattails of LeBron to those rings.
I agree about Bosh. Good player but LeBron made his legacy.

I feel like Pau is a better player overall than Wallace. Putting Wallace in the hall would be like putting Dave Kingman in the HOF in baseball. Great at what he did, but only did that one thing and was really bad at everything else.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wallace was a 4X DPoY, one of the best defenders/rebounders ever, and went toe to toe with Shaq in a Finals that his team won, he's clearly deserving of being in the HoF even if he was basically a 0 offensively.

Genghis Khan

Wallace was a 4X DPoY, one of the best defenders/rebounders ever, and went toe to toe with Shaq in a Finals that his team won, he's clearly deserving of being in the HoF even if he was basically a 0 offensively.

Mark Eaton was an elite shot blocker (all time leader in blocks per game), led the league 4 times and came close several other times. He was two time DPOY. And a very good rebounder.

And like Wallace, Eaton was basically a zero offensively.

Should they put Eaton in?

Gobert has won DPOY twice now, and I don't think he should be a HOFer.

Marcus Camby, Meta World Peace, Tyson Chandler, Joakim Noah, and Marc Gasol all have won DPOY.

All good, useful players. (And honestly most of them were much better offensively than Wallace.)

But HOF? I just don't think DPOY is enough, even with four. It's part of the consideration but I feel like you want at least competency in the rest of a player's game.

Rodman is the only close comp I see. But while Wallace was a very good rebounder, Rodman was such an incredible rebounder it was ridiculous. Wallace wasn't quite that (Rodman is 12th all time in rebounds/game, Wallace is 75th). Rodman's argument was unique to Rodman.

If we go back to baseball for a second, Ozzie Smith is in the HOF basically because of his elite defense, maybe the best of all time at ss. But he also hit .262. He wasn't an elite hitter by any stretch but he was at least ok. Had he hit .162 instead, I don't think he's a HOFer, and I don't care how good his defense was. That's Wallace. He was a .162 hitter.

Genghis Khan

Love the quotes after Embiid's hard foul on Westbrook.

Reporter: So you guys are cool?

Westbrook: Fuck no.

~~~~~~

Embiid: I don't know why he's (Westbrook) mad. But he's always in his feelings.

:lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just saw this on Twitter. Apparently the Raptors gave him a championship ring as well. :lol

I guess I'm okay with it since it's just a side/contributors to the game type of honor. They just created this slot for superfans this year.

There was a guy named Robin (something) who was a die hard Bullets/Wizards fan back in the 90s and early 2000s. All the superstars knew him and appreciated his heckling, He needs to get in.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If Giannis is truly the MVP and a top 5 player he needs to go medieval on the Heat's ass and dismiss them in 5.

Genghis Khan

There was a guy named Robin (something) who was a die hard Bullets/Wizards fan back in the 90s and early 2000s. All the superstars knew him and appreciated his heckling, He needs to get in.

I remember that guy. I don't think fans should be acknowledged at all in the hall, but if they are they should put that guy in yeah.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yep, agreed.

I remember Dr. J choking Larry Bird back in the 80s. :lol Rivalries are great. As long as it doesn't get out of control. :unsure

Somebody framed it. :lol

That's awesome!

Occasionally I'll catch an old game from the 80s on NBATV and punches would be thrown in the game but the refs would only rule it a common foul. Seemed like you had to do something extreme to get a technical back then.

I saw Robert Parrish pummel Bill Laimbeer to the ground and he didn't even get called for a common foul in the game. :lol They ended up suspending him for the following game though.

Imagine beating someone down like this and the refs essentially telling everyone "no blood, no foul.....play on".

Last edited:
Top Bottom