NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They dominated him because Ibaka got to play off his man and help out all 2nd half, but yeah we have to get better at establishing him as a consistent threat.
That's the thing about Dwight. He's as good as he's going to get. Like Charles said the other night, the dude just stopped improving about 4 years ago. He's added very little to his game so his options are very limited on the offensive side.

Funny thing is Howard actually has a nice shooting form. He looks like he should be knocking down 15 footers with ease.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Kendrick Perkins has to lead the NBA in the category of "most times stripped/blocked while going up for dunks".

The dude just makes the game harder than it needs to be.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's the thing about Dwight. He's as good as he's going to get. Like Charles said the other night, the dude just stopped improving about 4 years ago. He's added very little to his game so his options are very limited on the offensive side.

Funny thing is Howard actually has a nice shooting form. He looks like he should be knocking down 15 footers with ease.
This is true, and I am fine with that, my issue is that we need to use him more in the flow of the offense, currently when we use him the offense gets a bit stagnant and if he is not on we have a hard time getting back into a flow.

With that said this is about where I expected us to be at this point, I just want us to show more consistency as a team down the stretch.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My bad. I thought he was only at Kentucky for a year. That's typically the standard, you know.

Regarding Thursday's game, I knew the Rockets couldn't sustain that hot shooting for 4 qtrs. I expected them to cool off but not that much.

Charles Barkley and the Inside the NBA crew killed Dwight Howard after the game and rightfully so. He can't let Perkins and Ibaka outplay him like they did. They not only outplayed him they dominated him.

They were also killing him for that little left-handed shot that he's been using that rarely works.
Some of that is on the team as well.

None of the players make it a point to feed him the ball and McHale has to do a better job enforcing that.

That 2nd half performance was pathetic.

17 points?!

And how does Harden not score a single point?

That 2nd half was unacceptable.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There is some rumbling of Houston possibly being in on Rondo in a trade.

I am really on the fence with this one, I like rondo as player but I don't think he is a great fit he likes to dominate the ball in the half court and he is a low threat when it comes to spacing.

With that said we need a guard to get us into some kind of offense when things start breaking down like in the last Thunder game, I might be game to see if it works for half a season or more considering his contract runs out next year, he would still have some value on the open market.

It also depends on what Boston wants, I would give up both Lin and Asik and take Bass's contract off there hands.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There is some rumbling of Houston possibly being in on Rondo in a trade.

I am really on the fence with this one, I like rondo as player but I don't think he is a great fit he likes to dominate the ball in the half court and he is a low threat when it comes to spacing.

With that said we need a guard to get us into some kind of offense when things start breaking down like in the last Thunder game, I might be game to see if it works for half a season or more considering his contract runs out next year, he would still have some value on the open market.

It also depends on what Boston wants, I would give up both Lin and Asik and take Bass's contract off there hands.
Asik would be solid return for Rondo.

I think he would definitely get Dwight more involved and feed him down low. It would also give the Rockets a real ball handler to go to late in games to bring the ball down the court and not turn it over like Lin and Brooks have far too often this season.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Rockets are ridiculously hot from 3 pt range again tonight in the first half against the Blazers.

Another 2nd half collapse looming?

Carp

DCC 4Life
So the #1 pick in the draft is averaging 2.4 ppg.
Alltimer bad...I loved him at UNLV and really thought he'd drop weight and be a SF. Thankfully he went #1 because Philly had an agreement with NO to move up if Oladipo, Noel, or Bennett was there.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Blazers and OKC tonight in OKC.

First place for the NW division will be on the line.

OKC needs this one. We're already down 0-2 to them in the season series.

Because of that desperation I think we clamp down on defense and pull out a win.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Another incredible performance by Kevin Durant.

He's your MVP at this point and it's not even close. That should tell you how good he's been.

46 points tonight against the Blazers on 17-25 shooting. He crushed them down the stretch after the refs T'd him up. All that did was piss him off and sent him into domination mode.

I don't think I've ever seen an NBA player score tons of points while shooting this efficiently over a 3 week span. It's remarkable.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Durant's numbers in January.

37 ppg
52.2 FG%
39.2 3PT%
4 40 point games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I would agree that Durant is the front runner right now.

I thought that he and Paul George were the top 2 guys, but Durant has kinda pulled away over the last 30 days or so.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Durant's new nickname....the Slim Reaper....is starting to gain steam.

It's trending on Twitter.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OKC playing in Boston tonight w/o Durant or westbrook holding a 48-44 lead just before half.

I we can steal this game that would be awesome.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Dwight Howard with another so-so game vs. a good team with decent big men.

It's not even a shock anymore.

Just start marking him down for 10 points and 8 rebounds in those games

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, he's going to have to take a pay cut to come to Chicago, I don't want him on a max deal at over 20 million per year. If he takes a deal averaging around 16-18 per year we could have a very solid team of Rose/Butler/Carmelo/Taj/Noah with Snell and Mirotic off the bench, along with draft picks.

We might have to let Butler go when he's up for a new extension but he's been playing like warmed over shit mostly anyway and Snell could likely replace him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
NBA Legion @MySportsLegion
Follow
Report: Carmelo prefers signing with Derrick Rose and the Bulls, rather than Kobe and the Lakers this summer. (via Y! Sports)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carmelo-anthony-s-magical-62-point-night-shows-why-he-should-never-leave-new-york-054123184.html
I think that would be a great fit.

His defensive shortcomings wouldn't stand out so much on a team that has arguably been the best defensive team in basketball since Thibs took over.

Also, Durant went for a triple double last night......what a run this guy is on right now.

Top Bottom