NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Chicago is just not that attractive a destination now. Rose can't stay healthy and there seems to be dysfunction between Thibs and the FO.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Chicago is just not that attractive a destination now. Rose can't stay healthy and there seems to be dysfunction between Thibs and the FO.
That is true, although on the other hand if Rose is healthy the Bulls are a perfect fit for Carmelo.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think that friction has subsided. There were rumors about Thibs getting pissed and leaving, but the more recent talk is that they've ironed it out, and Thibs has a lot of loyalty towards them since they gave him the chance to be head coach after he had been trying so long to get a shot.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tony Romo was at the Thunder game last night. I guess he was there to take notes from Durant on how to be clutch in late game situations.

They showed him on the big screen and the crowd booed the hell out of him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Tony Romo was at the Thunder game last night. I guess he was there to take notes from Durant on how to be clutch in late game situations.

They showed him on the big screen and the crowd booed the hell out of him.
If Romo had the physical capabilities relative to his competition that Durant does I'm sure he'd be more "clutch".

1bigfan13

Staff member
If Romo had the physical capabilities relative to his competition that Durant does I'm sure he'd be more "clutch".
So you're saying Romo's not good enough physically and the Cowboys should look to improve the QB position?

I agree with that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So you're saying Romo's not good enough physically and the Cowboys should look to improve the QB position?

I agree with that.
It's hard to say what he is physically right now with the back but I think over his career he has been good enough if surrounded by the proper organization, teammates, coaches and such. But no, he isn't a HOF lock, top 3 player in the league for a decade type of talent like Durant.

And as an aside, I kind of resent Durant for saying that he was born in DC, he was born in Suitland, MD, PG County, right outside of the worst part of DC in one of the worst areas of the state, he went to HS at Montrose Christian in Rockville, MD, that's where he's from.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's hard to say what he is physically right now with the back but I think over his career he has been good enough if surrounded by the proper organization, teammates, coaches and such. But no, he isn't a HOF lock, top 3 player in the league for a decade type of talent like Durant.

And as an aside, I kind of resent Durant for saying that he was born in DC, he was born in Suitland, MD, PG County, right outside of the worst part of DC in one of the worst areas of the state, he went to HS at Montrose Christian in Rockville, MD, that's where he's from.
Durant just circled Mach 17th on his calendar.

He's gunning for 60.

Holla!

1bigfan13

Staff member
Miami & OKC tomorrow night.

Durant playing at the peak of his game on the road against the world's best player Lebron. I can't wait.

It's only a regular season game but it's "clear your calendar" material, IMO. Knock out your chores and honey do's early. Then lock yourself in your mancave for what should be an epic battle.

OKC has more to prove while Miami is just biding its time until the playoffs so I give the edge to the Thunder. I think they'll bring a little more energy/effort into this game than the Heat will.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Miami & OKC tomorrow night.

Durant playing at the peak of his game on the road against the world's best player Lebron. I can't wait.

It's only a regular season game but it's "clear your calendar" material, IMO. Knock out your chores and honey do's early. Then lock yourself in your mancave for what should be an epic battle.

OKC has more to prove while Miami is just biding its time until the playoffs so I give the edge to the Thunder. I think they'll bring a little more energy/effort into this game than the Heat will.
Yup, I will definitely be tuning into that one.

Could be a possible finals rematch.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yep...pretty psyched to watch this one tonight. Durant is like 3-14 against Lebron, so the win would mean much more to OKC, particularly on the road.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Miami jumped out to a huge lead, but since that early run, OKC has been dominant.

Very impressive what they've done since the end if the 1st quarter.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How awesome was watching Lebron and Durant go at it during that 3rd quarter and into the 4th?

That was as fun a moment as I've seen in basketball in a very long time.

The Thunder basically spotted Miami this big lead then proceeded to just take control of the game and Miami never really threatened to take the lead for the final 30 min.

OKC look like the class of the West and only injuries will keep them out if the finals.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The key to the game was Scott Brooks finally conceding that he can't play Perkins against the Heat. Once they went with their smaller, athletic lineup they pretty much dominated the Heat.

In future games against the Heat I hope Scott Brooks goes with a smaller lineup from the start. Probably won't happen because Brooks is pretty loyal to his players, so Perkins will continue to get the token start even though he'c completely worthless against the Heat.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Paul George, Lillard, and John Wall in the dunk contest.

I didn't consider George a great dunker, but that was before I saw him do that reverse windmill a few weeks ago.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Paul George, Lillard, and John Wall in the dunk contest.

I didn't consider George a great dunker, but that was before I saw him do that reverse windmill a few weeks ago.
I'm just glad the field is full of recognizable names for a change.

Top Bottom