NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Since we have limited board history I can't confirm this, but board Bulls fans used to hate Carmelo...now he is the key to turning around the franchise.
I've always liked him as a fit on the Bulls, I don't like him as the best player on a title team though. He has limitations, namely defense and I think overall toughness, but the Bulls obviously have enough in that department already.

gator

Brand New Member
I've always liked him as a fit on the Bulls, I don't like him as the best player on a title team though. He has limitations, namely defense and I think overall toughness, but the Bulls obviously have enough in that department already.
The Knicks are counting the days until Melo/ Amare/ Chandler/ Bargnani come off the books after next season. How would you acquire Melo before then?

Dolan would never approve it, but I'd do Deng's expiring/ Butler/ picks/ + filler for Anthony tomorrow.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Knicks are counting the days until Melo/ Amare/ Chandler/ Bargnani come off the books after next season. How would you acquire Melo before then?

Dolan would never approve it, but I'd do Deng's expiring/ Butler/ picks/ + filler for Anthony tomorrow.
Melo can opt out after this season I believe.

gator

Brand New Member
Melo can opt out after this season I believe.
Wow, I forgot that. I'm pretty apathetic about what he does. This team needs to bottom out and clean house, but it's not like they have a mountain of draft picks to fall back onto. They've got next to none.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Shout out to to Kevin Love for choking at the FT line last night and allowing the Thunder to win a game they shouldn't have won. Can't believe a guy that shoots as well as Love does missed 3 FTs with under a minute to play.

Although those last 3 that he missed were a true "ball don't lie moment". OKC is up 2 with 4 seconds to play and Love takes the inbounds pass on the move, he launches a 3 pointer which is partially blocked by Perkins. Refs call a foul giving Love 3 FTs. Replays clearly show that Perkins got all ball. Love goes to the line and misses the first 2 FTs then misses the 3rd on purpose.

About damn time OKC won one of these nail biters.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Props to Philly for beating Portland...now stop it.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Props to Philly for beating Portland...now stop it.
Seriously, WTF. They don't win a game on the road for like 2 months and then win 4 straight on west coast trip. When MCW plays, they are not a bad team. When all of Thad, Turner, MCW and Hawes play they're even better. They need to make a few deals soon to get the tank back on.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seriously, WTF. They don't win a game on the road for like 2 months and then win 4 straight on west coast trip. When MCW plays, they are not a bad team. When all of Thad, Turner, MCW and Hawes play they're even better. They need to make a few deals soon to get the tank back on.
Turner, Hawes, and Thad have to go. Thad would be good for a team like the Suns that are rebuilding on the fly and have extra first round picks.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't get why they aren't trading off their whole team except for Noah and tanking
Boozer is untradeable...maybe Deng can go, but there are too many teams that are jockeying for position to make it real easy to deal him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Boozer is untradeable...maybe Deng can go, but there are too many teams that are jockeying for position to make it real easy to deal him.
I don't think either of those statements are true.

The bottom line is that Bulls management clings to their assets like grim death and always have.

shane

DCC 4Life
I never liked the Boozer signing from the start. I wanted the Pistons to get Deng, but Cleveland got him for crappy Andrew Bynum. Cleveland might make the playoffs now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I never liked the Boozer signing from the start. I wanted the Pistons to get Deng, but Cleveland got him for crappy Andrew Bynum. Cleveland might make the playoffs now.
Good move...they are just going to waive Bynum now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Deng traded to the Cavs for Bynum and multiple draft picks.

Full tank mode has been engaged.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm all for this but I think we need to do more to tank to the extent that I'd like to see. I'd look at jettisoning Dunleavy and Hinrich if possible, and hopefully Noah has a plantar fascitis reoccurrence and has to sit for 2 months. Give me that and we're looking at a top 5 pick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You know who I want with the Bobcats pick which should be around the mid to late teens that everybody has forgotten about, Kyle Anderson. This dude was a top 3 recruit out of HS last year and was talked about as a one and done lotto pick, he kind of fell off the map after a mediocre freshman season but he has improved his shooting mechanics and right now is averaging 15/9/6 while shooting over 50% from the field and from 3.

The guy has no explosive jumping ability at all but he is 6-9, can handle like a PG and his basketball IQ is off the charts, he knows how to run an offense like a PG and can rebound and defend like a 3. He'd be a great guy to pair with Rose at times off the bench since he can take some of the ball-handling/creating burden off of him although we'd need to balance that with having more shooters on the floor.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Mavs are just pure mediocrity these days.

How do you lose at home to Knicks by 12?

:doh

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good move...they are just going to waive Bynum now.
I already believed that Lebron would be going back to Cleveland, and this further strengthens that possibility, IMO.

Lebron with Kyrie and now Deng would be 10 times better than any previous Cavs team Lebron ever played on.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I already believed that Lebron would be going back to Cleveland, and this further strengthens that possibility, IMO.

Lebron with Kyrie and now Deng would be 10 times better than any previous Cavs team Lebron ever played on.
I'm starting to sour on Kyrie a bit. He can't stay healthy and I don't think he makes others better.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is good for the Bulls, though I would have liked a pick this year.

They did not really get "value" for Luol Deng, but the real value is they are ridding themselves of a player they over-relied on and were never going to win a championship with as their second option, which given Boozer's decline, was the reality they were facing. They had way too much money tied up in a trio of Rose-Deng-Boozer-Noah and simply not enough offense out of those four contracts that basically eat up every ounce of their cap space moving forward.

I agree with Simp. Now that Deng is gone, part off Hinrich and Dunleavy too, and if you can find a taker for Boozer, even better. Literally anything works. If not, amnesty him.

Next year your core is:

Rose
Butler
Noah
Mirotic
Top 10 Pick
Top 15 Pick
Cap Space

Top Bottom