NBA Chatter Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Two of the owners of my teams are Cuban and Jerry. Yeah...
Are you like me in not understanding how Cuban always skates? It's only because of Dirk, basically, but I think that was Dirk being such a great dude and not anything special Cuban did.

Even Tim McMahon said Cuban was the most involved owner in sports and yes, that included Jerry.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Are you like me in not understanding how Cuban always skates? It's only because of Dirk, basically, but I think that was Dirk being such a great dude and not anything special Cuban did.

Even Tim McMahon said Cuban was the most involved owner in sports and yes, that included Jerry.
I don't know but I wish he would sell the fucking team. Between his takes on politics and how he runs the team, I can't stand that fuckface.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For the record. Kidd's comments may change things but according to Cuban a few days ago Kidd will be back. Which brings us back to, why would he say that? He might be back on the sauce.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I used to be a Mavs fan before OKC got their own team and I remember how pissed I was when I heard that Cuban didn't want to pay Nash. We all know how that ended.

Fast forward 16 years later, with a chance to redeem himself, Cuban makes the exact same dumb decision by snubbing Jalen Brunson.

Had they kept Brunson his price tag would have been half of what Kyrie is going to cost. Plus they wouldn't have had to trade away their good wing players. Lack of defense and depth is what killed them post-Kyrie trade.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OKC is playing with house money tonight. They've already far exceeded expectations.

Minnesota's missing two key role players plus they have the Gobert cloud hanging over their heads.

OKC seems like they're the smarter team, so I'll take the Thunder in a nail biter.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And should be forced to give Luca to the Rockets

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And their fans be forced to drink a Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, that's not bad at all.

I think Silver and the league office just did this to save face publicly after Kidd put them in that position.
That and I think you're onto something when you mentioned the BS rest nights that teams give players now with basically no notice whatsoever.

People go to games in fucking December and find out when they arrive that this or that star player isn't playing due to "rest".

If I were the Mavs and the penalty had been heftier, that would have been my first argument -- you can't be selective when you want to get upset with teams for basically throwing away games. Because when you sit 2 all-stars for "rest" in the same night way back in December, you're basically throwing that game away too.

So I think the punishment is justified. :art

1bigfan13

Staff member
That and I think you're onto something when you mentioned the BS rest nights that teams give players now with basically no notice whatsoever.

People go to games in fucking December and find out when they arrive that this or that star player isn't playing due to "rest".

If I were the Mavs and the penalty had been heftier, that would have been my first argument -- you can't be selective when you want to get upset with teams for basically throwing away games. Because when you sit 2 all-stars for "rest" in the same night way back in December, you're basically throwing that game away too.

So I think the punishment is justified. :art
You also have to factor in that Mark Cuban is a repeat offender when it comes to league fines.

An owner with a cleaner record probably would have got off with a punishment much lighter than the $750K fine.

Top Bottom