NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Kyrie on your team is already not wonderful.
Numbers wise, he's a great player. But there is just something about Kyrie that kills the vibe of teams.

Even when he's on his best behavior his numbers are very hollow and don't impact winning.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Numbers wise, he's a great player. But there is just something about Kyrie that kills the vibe of teams.

Even when he's on his best behavior his numbers are very hollow and don't impact winning.

Truth. Prime LeBron sure, but prime LeBron drug almost anyone to at least the finals.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
An in season tournament is dumb as hell. NBA and MLB are competing for the dumbest league changes.
NBA is trying to follow the European soccer model but it doesn't work for American sports.

There are no continental tournaments with other leagues nor is there a year round international competition for the players to compete in.

An in season tournament for a league that already plays a tournament at the end of the season to determine its champion makes zero sense.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mac McClung looks like they let a make a wish kid play in a game.
I was going to give you the Tread Lightly meme but then remembered you are one of about 10 people in this world that hasn't seen Breaking Bad.

Nah. You still get it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I was going to give you the Tread Lightly meme but then remembered you are one of about 10 people in this world that hasn't seen Breaking Bad.

Nah. You still get it.

I still don't get it. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
My Thunder are play-in bound. Pretty remarkable season for the youngest team in league history.

No one saw this coming. Heading into the season most of the NBA media forecasted us between 23-27 wins. We're sitting at 39 with a chance to hit 40 on Sunday. They accomplished this without their biggest offseason acquisition, #2 overall pick Chet Holmgren.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also, I hate what the Mavs did. They still had a really good chance of making the play-in tournament but decided to just throw in the towel.

Portland did the same thing a few weeks ago. They were only about 3 games out of the 10th spot and they shut their guys down.

I hate the mentality in today's NBA. We've seen lower seeds pull playoff upsets and make deep playoff runs in the past. It's not that uncommon. Why wouldn't you at least give your team the chance to see if they pull off some upsets of their own?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Also, I hate what the Mavs did. They still had a really good chance of making the play-in tournament but decided to just throw in the towel.

Portland did the same thing a few weeks ago. They were only about 3 games out of the 10th spot and they shut their guys down.

I hate the mentality in today's NBA. We've seen lower seeds pull playoff upsets and make deep playoff runs in the past. It's not that uncommon. Why wouldn't you at least give your team the chance to see if they pull off some upsets of their own?
I guess they really wanted that #10 pick.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Not a Mavs fan, but did I read this had something to do with not sending a lottery protected pick to New Jersey or someone?

But I saw Cuban getting lots of shit on Twitter last night. Hope he gets more. I've never understood how that guy skates on all his mistakes.

Cotton

Staff member
Not a Mavs fan, but did I read this had something to do with not sending a lottery protected pick to New Jersey or someone?

But I saw Cuban getting lots of shit on Twitter last night. Hope he gets more. I've never understood how that guy skates on all his mistakes.
Yes, it was because of a draft pick they would have had to give up. The #10 overall pick.

1bigfan13

Staff member

As Iamtdg mentioned, as part of a trade the Mavs pick is top 10 protected. If they made the play-in that would have dropped their draft pick to 11 or lower and the pick would 've went to the Knicks.

Cotton

Staff member
As Iamtdg mentioned, as part of a trade the Mavs pick is top 10 protected. If they made the play-in that would have dropped their draft pick to 11 or lower and the pick would 've went to the Knicks.
Maybe I read wrong. Is it a top 10 protected pick or the #10 protected pick? Could it turn into an even higher pick? I'm not all that familiar with how the NBA draft works.

Top Bottom