NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
True Embiid was fantastic.

Boston is probably the better team (and definitely has better coaching).

But not last night. The Sixers led much of the game and were up by as much as 15. Boston led by as much as 10 or 11 after that. It was tied until a few seconds left and Boston won on essentially a buzzer beater.

Obviously someone has to win but the game was basically a draw.
Yeah I thought the Sixers outplayed them for the most part. The thing that swung momentum was Horford getting red hot from three in the 3rd qtr. Philly was running away with the game until Horford started channeling Steph Curry.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah I thought the Sixers outplayed them for the most part. The thing that swung momentum was Horford getting red hot from three in the 3rd qtr. Philly was running away with the game until Horford started channeling Steph Curry.

Yeah that Horford shit pissed me off because he definitely wasn't that guy with the Sixers. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
For the Rockets fans on the board. You're welcome.

Genghis Khan

Christ on a crutch Luka and Kyrie combined to shoot 62% from 3 on 21 shots last night. That's insane. Where was this before?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

When Grayson Allen has 17 points in the 3rd quarter alone, I know we're in a simulation. There's no way this shit's real.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
When Grayson Allen has 17 points in the 3rd quarter alone, I know we're in a simulation. There's no way this shit's real.
He has more points than the Rockets have wins

Genghis Khan

Also, Mike Budenholzer looks like Beetlejuice when he was imitating Alec Baldwin's character.

Genghis Khan

One thing I like about today's NBA is that no lead feels safe anymore. Double digit leads used to be a pretty big indicator that you were going to win, and 15 or more was usually a death knell.

Nowadays even 20+ point leads don't feel totally safe.

The sixers were down I think like 18 in the 3rd last night and came back and won. Against the best team by record (Milwaukee) in the NBA. In their building.

And it's been happening across the league. It's compelling basketball to me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
One thing I like about today's NBA is that no lead feels safe anymore. Double digit leads used to be a pretty big indicator that you were going to win, and 15 or more was usually a death knell.

Nowadays even 20+ point leads don't feel totally safe.

The sixers were down I think like 18 in the 3rd last night and came back and won. Against the best team by record (Milwaukee) in the NBA. In their building.

And it's been happening across the league. It's compelling basketball to me.

They should just change it to where they throw the ball in at mid court after each bucket.

Genghis Khan

Also also, I hate Doris Burke and I hate ABC/ESPN 's coverage.

They were talking all game about how well Brook Lopez defends Embiid and how well he shuts Embiid down. Meanwhile Embiid put up 31/6/10 last night.

It's like they decide a storyline pregame and go with it no matter how the game actually plays out.

Genghis Khan

They should just change it to where they throw the ball in at mid court after each bucket.

Maybe they should shut the shot clock down so that teams can take as long as they want each possession and keep scoring down. Less stoppages of play would speed the game up. Modernize the game. Can't have any downtime.

Top Bottom