NBA Chatter Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:lol @ Rivers thinking he's Popovich. Glenn hasn't earned jack squat. Can't wait til that clown show is gone.

Also, the star player has more accountability than the coach. For the record Embiid put up 40/8/6.

Pretty sure if that question was posed to Pop his answer would be different.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ironically I don't think this trade really increases either team's chances of making the Finals this year, the big takeaway for me is that the Bucks chances of making it again just shot up exponentially.

The Heat are about the only team who I think could take them down at this point and that's a long shot.

The dividends of the trade probably won't start paying off until next season and beyond.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ironically I don't think this trade really increases either team's chances of making the Finals this year,

That's an insane take.

Sixers had no shot prior to the trade.

They have "a" chance now.

They are unquestionably better today.

Edit for clarity: To be clear I don't think the Sixers odds for the finals are great, they still have rebounding and depth issues.

But it's kind of insane to not think their chances are better after acquiring one of the better players in the league for basically a one dimensional shooter and backup center.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But it's kind of insane to not think their chances are better after acquiring one of the better players in the league for basically a one dimensional shooter and backup center.
Correct. That mentally weak POS Simmons was never going to suit up for them again. He has been a zero add all season long. And really, was even before that while actually playing.

Simmons was already a net loss. I don't even count his dumb ass in this trade as an asset given up. So getting Harden for two role players and a couple draft picks is pretty damn good. And certainly made the sixers a better team immediately. Both on the court, and knowing that black cloud hanging over them is finally gone.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's an insane take.

Sixers had no shot prior to the trade.

They have "a" chance now.

They are unquestionably better today.

Edit for clarity: To be clear I don't think the Sixers odds for the finals are great, they still have rebounding and depth issues.

Yea on paper there is an obvious argument that they went from no chance to something of a chance, it's just damn near impossible for me to see Harden and Embiid gelling to the extent needed to make a Finals in just 2 months or so, which is why I think in reality they went from basically 0% to maybe 10%? Maybe not even that much?

I think losing Curry is a bigger issue than it's being made out to be also, he was averaging 15/4/4 on 40% from 3 on high volume and didn't really need the ball in his hands. Now enter Harden who will be heavy ISO and I think it's going to throw off Embiid's rhythm.

But going into next season they should be a favorite assuming they get the chemistry figured out and Harden finds some motivation.

Genghis Khan

I think losing Curry is a bigger issue than it's being made out to be also, he was averaging 15/4/4 on 40% from 3 on high volume and didn't really need the ball in his hands.

It's a loss, definitely but Harden is also a good shooter and honestly they really needed a ball handler in the worst way and Curry is not that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's a loss, definitely but Harden is also a good shooter and honestly they really needed a ball handler in the worst way and Curry is not that.
Enjoy Harden but I was always disappointed when he was in Houston. Haven't followed NBA in a few years (and didnt even know he was traded to Brooklyn) but I doubt much has changed with him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Enjoy Harden but I was always disappointed when he was in Houston. Haven't followed NBA in a few years (and didnt even know he was traded to Brooklyn) but I doubt much has changed with him.
I'm not much of an NBA guy either but I do like seeing some of these glued together super teams fail. It's the part if the NBA that has sort of made me uninterested.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not much of an NBA guy either but I do like seeing some of these glued together super teams fail. It's the part if the NBA that has sort of made me uninterested.
Now that asshole LeBron is starting to age out it's starting to fade away thankfully. Both teams in the Finals last year (Milwaukee/Phoenix) were built organically, and this year those two along with Golden State are the favorites, who was also built organically.

The superteam bullshit is definitely fading and unless the Nets or Lakers (lol) win it all in the next 2-3 years I think it'll be mostly dead.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What, they just go find some homeless baglady to sing the National Anthem at the all star game?

Genghis Khan

:lol That is so awesome, and so pathetic all at once.

Harden had a great first game. Some of those passes he made... woof. Dude is more than just a scorer.

Him and JoJo looked like they've already jelled pretty well.

Yep. The top two players now actually complement each other. What is this sorcery?

Top Bottom