NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Two things on Ben Simmons.

1. I've been seeing and hearing a lot of stuff lately from well-respected NBA writers that Ben is more interested in the money and the fame than actually improving his game. He's basically the same player today that he was back in 2016.....he's added nothing to his offensive game. Chris Haynes is one of the guys who pointed this out. Plus there was also a draft scout who wrote a pretty much spot on analysis of Ben Simmons' mentality.

2. I'm surprised Simmons isn't catching a lot more heat and scrutiny for his mental health excuse. It's clearly a made up excuse for him to sit out without being fined. First he tried to fake a back injury and the Sixers staff checked him out and didn't find anything wrong with him. So the fallback was the mental health angle, which is perfect because the NBA CBA allows for players dealing with mental health issues to take leaves of absence and still get paid. Given today's climate where people are dealing with real mental health struggles, I'm shocked no one is calling Simmons out for making a mockery of such a serious issue.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The best way for him to get what he wants is to ~gasp~ work hard and STFU. Strange concept, I know.
And that's his problem. The moron doesn't realize that he put himself in this position.

Doc shouldn't have threw him under the bus back in June, but since then Doc has pretty much apologized and tried reaching out to Simmons several times during the summer. Simmons is the one who ghosted the organization all because he couldn't take a little criticism....something that damn near every working American has dealt with at some point in our careers.

If he cleared things up with the organization during the summer and shows up and participates in team activities, this is a non story and he maintains his trade value, which helps the Sixers find a trade partner for him. But instead he chooses to act like a spoiled toddler.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Doc shouldn't have threw him under the bus back in June

Morey addressed that, saying basically no one has been more supportive of Simmons than Rivers since Rivers got to Philly.

And that couldn't be more true. To a fault Rivers has defended Simmons and praised him up and down. Embiid has as well.

For Simmons to latch onto two off hand comments in the heat of the moment like that...I mean, he's in the wrong profession if he thinks he should never be criticized even when he's making major fuckups.

Hell, even Embiid is subject to criticism every now and then, and obviously Embiid is a much much better player. The difference with Embiid is that when he gets criticism he works hard to correct it and get better, which is a lot of the reason why Embiid is a much better player.

Simmons on the other hand is a thin skinned spoiled bitch.

Genghis Khan

I'm surprised Simmons isn't catching a lot more heat and scrutiny for his mental health excuse. It's clearly a made up excuse for him to sit out without being fined. First he tried to fake a back injury and the Sixers staff checked him out and didn't find anything wrong with him. So the fallback was the mental health angle, which is perfect because the NBA CBA allows for players dealing with mental health issues to take leaves of absence and still get paid. Given today's climate where people are dealing with real mental health struggles, I'm shocked no one is calling Simmons out for making a mockery of such a serious issue.

Yep. I guess people are hesitant to call him out on it for fear of seeming insensitive. But I mean if this was the case it's odd timing because he could have said this before when he was asking for a trade and not reporting to camp.

There's no question if he had been traded to another team he'd be on the court playing right now.

I guess it's one of those mental health issues that only manifests when he enters Philadelphia's city limits. Seems legit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

:lol @ Rivers thinking he's Popovich. Glenn hasn't earned jack squat. Can't wait til that clown show is gone.

Also, the star player has more accountability than the coach. For the record Embiid put up 40/8/6.

Genghis Khan

:lol

Surely this is aimed at Simmons.

Edit: Nevermind apparently it has something to do with soccer. :unsure

Top Bottom